+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 45th Draw

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
nidakh said:
Also in case you are working on an ICT VISA (Exempt from LMIA) in Canada, your job offer will be given additional points unlike in the past where you required a LMIA, if the changes take place. We are on an ICT VISA so it benefits us and many others similar to us if it happens. Currently we have been in Canada and working for around 8 months but it is of no use.
What about foreign skilled workers applying through the express entry,is there any possible benefits for us without pnp or lmia

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
Test Completed: Jun 25th 2021
Wolverine17 said:
What about foreign skilled workers applying through the express entry,is there any possible benefits for us without pnp or lmia
I guess the whole point of the changes is to improve chances for FSW by making things like LMIA less important than they currently are! If we go through the PPT it does seem they are really concerned about not giving advantage to people with high levels of human capital (400 to 480)

As of May 2016, immigrants with valid job offers (44%) or nominations (15%) have accounted for the
majority of invitations, meaning only (41%) were invited mainly on the basis of their human capital.

• Because of the high volume of candidates with scores of 600 or more, and modest invitation rounds, the invitation cut‐off score has never decreased below 450 points, making it difficult for candidates with high levels of human capital to receive invitations

• Many candidates with offers of arranged employment claim very low levels of human capital;

• A significant number of candidates are invited on the basis of offers of arranged employment in low‐wage occupations;

JosephR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ScarletSails said:
Do you think there is any chance there will be a draw next Wednesday? I assume it is not likely to happen.
If there is a draw on next Wednesday, then 1500 ITAs with crs score 467+.
let us hope positive but chances are limited.

JosephR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DamhaSirah said:
I think 482 would remain the cutoff with another 1,500 ITAs until 1 November when the new quotas for 2017 get released.
If this is the case, then they will wait 3 weeks for the next draw.

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think there will not be a draw next Wednesday (although I really hope there will be one because I will be eligible for CEC by then). The trend seems to be a draw every 2 or 3 weeks. I don't think there were two draws that happened in 2 consecutive weeks.

epressentry

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20th 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Med's Done....
Upfront
CEC Inland - CELPIP maxed out, 2 year Canadian experience, Bachelors and PGWP expiring in 15 days. My CRS score is 469. What should I do?

- apply for a visitor and stay till December end to see if the changes (perhaps in November) effect me positively and I get ITA before year end?
- apply for a study permit and start Masters (1 year); better use of my time while waiting for ITA/PPR?
- leave Canada at the end of my PGWP and follow express entry from home country?

What would you do in this PARTICULAR case? Your response is much appreciated.

RC

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
DamhaSirah said:
Sluffy, when do they announce the yearly quotas for FSW & CEC? When are they expected to announce the next quota and when can we hope to get the ITA?

I think they don't want to go below 482, because the 2017 annual quotas for FSW and CEC have not been announced yet. Scores won't go down unless the quotas are announced.

Atleast now the number of ITAs is back to normal so it is a good sign. As soon as the 2017 quotas are announced, then will be our real "Ray of Hope", for those of us below 482.
I don't think that the formal annual target is formally announced until the beginning of the new year. However as since the last quarter of the current year (Oct-Dec 2016) comes from the 2017 quota, they presumably have some formula. The problem it seems that there is a lack of transparency.

It has become clear from the high scores that this was always their plan this year. This should have been made clear at the beginning of the year so that people could be better informed and adjust their lives accordingly. Similarly, information should be given on what is happening with the backlog, and what the current target is.

The biggest problem is the lack of information. No amount of guesswork or analysis can predict the next draw. You might as well say that it depends entirely on the mood of the minister in charge as it's issued on his instruction. Someone had better send McCallum a biscuit tin well before Christmas with a polite note asking for more ITAs. You never know.

Slyke

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
johnjkjk said:
I don't think that the formal annual target is formally announced until the beginning of the new year. However as since the last quarter of the current year (Oct-Dec 2016) comes from the 2017 quota, they presumably have some formula. The problem it seems that there is a lack of transparency.

It has become clear from the high scores that this was always their plan this year. This should have been made clear at the beginning of the year so that people could be better informed and adjust their lives accordingly. Similarly, information should be given on what is happening with the backlog, and what the current target is.

The biggest problem is the lack of information. No amount of guesswork or analysis can predict the next draw. You might as well say that it depends entirely on the mood of the minister in charge as it's issued on his instruction. Someone had better send McCallum a biscuit tin well before Christmas with a polite note asking for more ITAs. You never know.
Not to mention the lack of a mid year report.

With no information on future targets, even including the next draw, I don't know how people call this system "transparent".

With a transparent system, you would be able to make predictions.

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
I guess transparency is in the procedure, as in, the process has open rules and no back-doors to get PR.
But there is really no need to for it to be predictable.

Slyke

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
rusticdud said:
I guess transparency is in the procedure, as in, the process has open rules and no back-doors to get PR.
I think you'll find most 1st world countries have this type of "transparency".

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Slyke said:
I think you'll find most 1st world countries have this type of "transparency".
Hopefully as from the beginning of the week we will hear something, as citizenship week is over today.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
rusticdud said:
Transparency is opposed to secrecy, which is what you have with EE. Transparency does not lead to confusion and doubt, but rather clarity. For Australian PR, the quota remaining per NOC is given every quarter so it's possible to know, for a given score range whether or not you'll get an opportunity.

A lot of people's lives have been put on hold because of the current hiatus. If e.g. scores won't go down at all this year, then it needs to be made clear. I have avoided travel and alternative plans for the past 6 months (new PCCs would be required etc) just in case I get ITA (score 474). A lot of people have also lost points for age.

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
High cut offs every draw are just going to worsen the possibility of low CRS points holders getting ITA. I believe there are more than 5k (if not 10k) applicants with 450+ waiting.