+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Another option for you CEC folks is to do a 1 year's masters in canada. That way you can claim points for Canadian Master's and CEC work experience. Will probably get you over 490

newbiealpha

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
I believe those who are thinking that FSW draw will resume within June are having wishful thinking. If a FSW draw was to happen then why would Ontario invite people who can simply get in regular EE draw. Why would those people pay application fee to Ontario to get their nomination. Canada was the first one to pull out Olympics game, so they are most cautious. I don't see FSW draw resuming at least till July. Only once the travel restrictions are lifted then you can expect FSW.

Reactions: manisingh2301

Ochenta8

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
15 -July-2020
Med's Done....
20-Sept-2020
Ontario has issued 699 invitations to apply for permanent residence to Express Entry candidates with work experience in one of nine occupations. Candidates with a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS)score of as low as 358 were invited.

Candidates with one year of work experience in Canada who had CRS scores between 358 and 439 were issued Notifications of Interests (NOIs).

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I believe those who are thinking that FSW draw will resume within June are having wishful thinking. If a FSW draw was to happen then why would Ontario invite people who can simply get in regular EE draw. Why would those people pay application fee to Ontario to get their nomination. Canada was the first one to pull out Olympics game, so they are most cautious. I don't see FSW draw resuming at least till July. Only once the travel restrictions are lifted then you can expect FSW.
May 13th Tech draw was between 421-454 CEC and look at what happened now, CEC cutoff dropped to 440 in just two draws and all those NOI's given to CEC candidates above 440 are completely wasted. Why OINP is doing this? nobody knows.

Reactions: lone_ranger

Rubyred

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
Other
Ok if you can predict a future, tell me when i ll find a future wife
Take it easy funny man. He started out with 'I think ...' which suggests he's giving his opinion and making a speculation. Anyone with knowledge of basic English would have interpreted it like that.

mnukkiral

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
After reading through all of the comments on the thread, I would like to put forth MY OPINION and doubts,

1. Why do people assume that travel restriction is connected with FSW draws?
Even if FSW draws occur the complete processing takes ~6months. Some of the users tried pointing it out but they were shut up by sarcastic comments.

2. In what way Ontario inviting FSW EE candidates determine no FSW draws in upcoming weeks?
As a matter of fact, if one had to look analytically, Ontario would definitely like to swoop in and in a way "reserve" candidates for itself. People assume just because someone got ITA they will head to Ontario. Mind you, BC, Alberta, PEI etc are equally favorable to people and also has the same NOC jobs listed as 'in demand' on their PNP websites. So taking this into consideration, in my opinion, it is very likely that 471 and above FSW EE candidates may get an ITA. Plus the added $1500 is a good revenue for Ontario since they would potentially lose out these candidates in an event of an ITA.

3. Will the next draw be FSW?
There are high chances that it may happen. The change in wording on twitter hints at a possibility. But I find there is no reason to pull down hopeful applicants just because they think FSW is going to happen. I believe, if one has nothing nice or supportive to say, one should not pull down other's spirits. Remember everyone has had their struggles and stories and everyone wants the best for themselves. For most of us here, English isn't the first language, so by attacking someone's grammar or typos I don't know what sense of pride one achieves. Dampening someone's spirits by sarcasm or rude comments isn't very "Canadian". Let us all be civil here.

Let's just all be nice to one other and support eachother irrespective of the stream/class under which we are planning to immigrate.
I sincerely wish GOOD LUCK to every reader!

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
May 13th Tech draw was between 421-454 CEC and look at what happened now, CEC cutoff dropped to 440 in just two draws and all those NOI's given to CEC candidates above 440 are completely wasted. Why OINP is doing this? nobody knows.
Some people like to over-analyse Ontario's actions. IMO, they only did a simple filter from the highest-scored candidates after the previous round's cut-off result had been released. I don't think they were trying to predict anything or to make sense of how useful their invitations would be.

Reactions: Sharanm7

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
I heard from an immigration lawyer that Ontario conducted the draw because it just got the allocation from the federal government. It has nothing to do with the FSW stream.