+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rabat VO: Email sent for an interview

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So my wife got an email stating, "Your file waiting for an interview. A notice will be sent to you."

I was really hoping that an interview will not be required because from my understanding and someone can correct if I am wrong, an interview usually means that they do not completely believe that our relationship is genuine and that they want to confirm. If that is the case, I am not sure why they have doubts when I talk to her almost every day except for the days when I sailing with no connectivity.

A little bit of background in my case:

- Got married to my ex-wife in 2011.
- I sponsored my ex-wife in 2012.
- Separated in 2017.
- First contact with my ex-wife in 2017 (know her through my brother)
- Divorce finalized with my ex-wife in April 2020.
- First time physically seen my current wife and engaged in June 2019. First time in Morocco as well.
- Visited Morocco again in December 2019.
Married December 2019.

- Came back to Canada back to work and started the process in Jan 2020.

Here are my following questions:

1. Based on the information I have provided, why do you think they are asking for an interview? If I had to guess, they might be concerned about our age gap (I am 30 while she is 19) and the fact I am a divorcee. Is that possibly the case? I am a military member so I am surprised they are asking for an interview.
2. Do I schedule the interview, or do I have to wait for them to contact us?
3. When should we expect the interview to happen?
4. For those who went through interviews, do they mostly end up in approvals or rejections?
5. Once the interview is complete, when do they give the decision?
6. I heard that sometimes give decisions right after the interivew. Does that mean if someone has their passport with them, it can be stamped right after the interview and ready to book a flight on the same day? Or do you have to wait for a passport request?
7. Anything else that I need to know which is important?

Your responses and assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Is it correct that you remarried in Dec 2019 and only finalized your divorce from first wife in April 2020?

If so, the second marriage is not valid and you should expect refusal. Technically bigamy. This will be the case regardless of the interview.

If this is incorrect, you may want to change the timeline to clarify.

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
Is it correct that you remarried in Dec 2019 and only finalized your divorce from first wife in April 2020?

If so, the second marriage is not valid and you should expect refusal. Technically bigamy. This will be the case regardless of the interview.

If this is incorrect, you may want to change the timeline to clarify.
Sorry another typo. My divorce finalized in April 2019, NOT 2020. Good catch!

I tried to edit it but I cannot right now. I was able to originally edit it a few days ago.

Reactions: armoured

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
I am basically really concerned after reading the following: Rabat interview wait | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com)

"I am sponsoring my husband from Morocco and we have past the 12 month processing time to find out that in October 2018 he was picked for an interview, but we have not heard anything from the Rabat office or seen an update on our file online.
We have been told by my local member of parliament that they can take 12 - 24 months to do an interview as they do not have someone local that does immigration interviews and they need to wait till there is enough people.
Can anyone provide information on when they were in for an interview last or if this is a normal process.
Thanks "

This was posted pre-COVID-19. May 2019. I am really worried that means I will be waiting years and years :(

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
What is ADR? The only reason why I know there is an interview is because my wife emailed them asking for an update. I hope the interview will be done soon.
Additional doc request, just shorthand.
You should check your gckey, it should also have update in the Interview section.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am basically really concerned after reading the following: Rabat interview wait | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com)

"I am sponsoring my husband from Morocco and we have past the 12 month processing time to find out that in October 2018 he was picked for an interview, but we have not heard anything from the Rabat office or seen an update on our file online.
We have been told by my local member of parliament that they can take 12 - 24 months to do an interview as they do not have someone local that does immigration interviews and they need to wait till there is enough people.
Can anyone provide information on when they were in for an interview last or if this is a normal process.
Thanks "

This was posted pre-COVID-19. May 2019. I am really worried that means I will be waiting years and years :(
Best place to get a sense of current interview wait times is in the Morocco thread.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What is ADR? The only reason why I know there is an interview is because my wife emailed them asking for an update. I hope the interview will be done soon.
ADR doesn't apply to you. This is alternative dispute resolution. It's for people who have already been refused and are appealing the refusal of their application.

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
It’s unfortunate the Morocco thread isn’t more active because the Rabat office tends to follow trends, like timelines and such so at least it gives you an idea of what to expect. I sponsored my husband in 2013 and he landed in March 2014 so my experience with Rabat isn’t as relevant as someone who has recently or is currently dealing with Morocco.

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
Salutations!

I applied for a visitor visa in September 2020 and got a response today 23 December 2020 that her visitor visa is rejected for the following reasons.

"• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status. "

That means I will not be able to see my wife during the holidays. Due to the virus, the last time I saw my wife was in January 2020.

I have submitted the following documents as proof:

- Cover Letter with quarantine plan and more basic information
- Invitation Letter
- Bank account with CAD 20K
- Other required basic information

She does not currently have a job and she is 19 years old.

What else can I do? Is there any hope that she can be approved or is applying again going to be a waste of money because she currently does not have a job and is 19 years old Moroccan who lives in Morocco? Also, I wonder if it will make a difference if I will contact the MP.