+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rabat VO: Email sent for an interview

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
So my wife got an email stating, "Your file waiting for an interview. A notice will be sent to you."

I was really hoping that an interview will not be required because from my understanding and someone can correct if I am wrong, an interview usually means that they do not completely believe that our relationship is genuine and that they want to confirm. If that is the case, I am not sure why they have doubts when I talk to her almost every day except for the days when I sailing with no connectivity.

A little bit of background in my case:

- Got married to my ex-wife in 2011.
- I sponsored my ex-wife in 2012.
- Separated in 2017.
- First contact with my ex-wife in 2017 (know her through my brother)
- Divorce finalized with my ex-wife in April 2020.
- First time physically seen my current wife and engaged in June 2019. First time in Morocco as well.
- Visited Morocco again in December 2019.
Married December 2019.

- Came back to Canada back to work and started the process in Jan 2020.

Here are my following questions:

1. Based on the information I have provided, why do you think they are asking for an interview? If I had to guess, they might be concerned about our age gap (I am 30 while she is 19) and the fact I am a divorcee. Is that possibly the case? I am a military member so I am surprised they are asking for an interview.
2. Do I schedule the interview, or do I have to wait for them to contact us?
3. When should we expect the interview to happen?
4. For those who went through interviews, do they mostly end up in approvals or rejections?
5. Once the interview is complete, when do they give the decision?
6. I heard that sometimes give decisions right after the interivew. Does that mean if someone has their passport with them, it can be stamped right after the interview and ready to book a flight on the same day? Or do you have to wait for a passport request?
7. Anything else that I need to know which is important?

Your responses and assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
Not sure if this means anything but we applied for both sponsorship and visitor visa.
Is the interview for the PR or visitor? Thanks again!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Not sure if this means anything but we applied for both sponsorship and visitor visa.
It's for the PR application.

Generally speaking, interviews are requested when IRCC has concerns about the relationship.

You got engaged on the first trip to meet her in person. That can be regarded as a red flag.

Order your GCMS notes.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Also - I'm assuming some of the information in your timeline is wrong.

Assuming you met her for the first time in 2019 (not 2020) and that you got married in 2019 (not 2020). Also, that 2017 was the first time you met your current wife (not your ex wife).

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
It's for the PR application.

Generally speaking, interviews are requested when IRCC has concerns about the relationship.

You got engaged on the first trip to meet her in person. That can be regarded as a red flag.

Order your GCMS notes.
Thanks for the response.

I am not sure why they would consider that a red flag. I was talking to her a while and visited Morocco to specifically get engaged to her. Otherwise I would not considered getting engaged or married. Engagement basically means that after seeing each other, it was confirmed that we like each other.

Do you know the answers to the rest of my questions?

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020

Assuming you met her for the first time in 2019 (not 2020) and that you got married in 2019 (not 2020). Also, that 2017 was the first time you met your current wife (not your ex wife).

You are correct. That was a typo. Thanks for observation and I fixed it now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the response.

I am not sure why they would consider that a red flag. I was talking to her a while and visited Morocco to specifically get engaged to her. Otherwise I would not considered getting engaged or married. Engagement basically means that after seeing each other, it was confirmed that we like each other.

Do you know the answers to the rest of my questions?
If this was an arranged married, the this timeline makes sense. Otherwise getting engaged the first time you meet in person is regarded as a red flag since people typically get to know each other and spend time more time in person before making this sort of commitment to each other. It can make IRCC suspect that the applicant (person being sponsored) is entering into a marriage of convenience for the primary purpose of securing PR status in Canada.

Answers:
1. They are asking for the interview because they have concerns the relationship isn't genuine.
2. They schedule it.
3. Hard to say. It will probably take a few months for the interview to be scheduled.
4. I don't think there are statistics available. Some end in approval and some in refusal.
5. Sometimes the decision is received in day or weeks, sometimes it takes many months to hear the final decision.
6. I don't believe they are stamped on the spot. I believe it takes a few days. I'm sure others will comment.
7. Order your GCMS notes ASAP.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Not so much AGE gap per se, but more that she is nineteen yrs old and that is still a TEENager and teens mostly date other teens and 30 yr olds they consider old people. If age gap was 11 yrs but between a 40 yr old and a 30 yr old, it much less of ISSUE.
Second reason is Morroco, being a high poverty country, is higher risk for people who try dupe Western people into LOVE and MARRIAGE.

Hence, IRCC would like to INTERVIEW your wife to see decide if she is genuine in her marriage to YOU.
They are not doubting YOUR love or HONESTY, they are doubting HER.

Questions:
Are you Moroccan youself?
Your Religion is?
How did you meet your wife?

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
Not so much AGE gap per se, but more that she is nineteen yrs old and that is still a TEENager and teens mostly date other teens and 30 yr olds they consider old people. If age gap was 11 yrs but between a 40 yr old and a 30 yr old, it much less of ISSUE.
Second reason is Morroco, being a high poverty country, is higher risk for people who try dupe Western people into LOVE and MARRIAGE.

Hence, IRCC would like to INTERVIEW your wife to see decide if she is genuine in her marriage to YOU.
They are not doubting YOUR love or HONESTY, they are doubting HER.

Questions:
Are you Moroccan youself?
Your Religion is?
How did you meet your wife?
- I am a Canadian original ethnic background is Sudanese, like my exwife.

- I am Muslim, so is my wife.

- My brother introduced me to her.

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
If this was an arranged married, the this timeline makes sense. Otherwise getting engaged the first time you meet in person is regarded as a red flag since people typically get to know each other and spend time more time in person before making this sort of commitment to each other. It can make IRCC suspect that the applicant (person being sponsored) is entering into a marriage of convenience for the primary purpose of securing PR status in Canada.

Answers:
1. They are asking for the interview because they have concerns the relationship isn't genuine.
2. They schedule it.
3. Hard to say. It will probably take a few months for the interview to be scheduled.
4. I don't think there are statistics available. Some end in approval and some in refusal.
5. Sometimes the decision is received in day or weeks, sometimes it takes many months to hear the final decision.
6. I don't believe they are stamped on the spot. I believe it takes a few days. I'm sure others will comment.
7. Order your GCMS notes ASAP.
My main concern is the wait time for the interview. Someone said that it can take up 2 years which is I hope is not the case.

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
I agree regarding the age. To clarify, your wife was 16 years old when you first met and she’s 19 now? Maybe that is the issue or another issue would be if you decided to become engaged before meeting in person. Definitely order your notes.

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
I agree regarding the age. To clarify, your wife was 16 years old when you first met and she’s 19 now? Maybe that is the issue or another issue would be if you decided to become engaged before meeting in person. Definitely order your notes.
I ordered 2 notes a moment ago, for the PR and visitor visa (which I have not received a single update since I applied).

Isn't the age of consent in Canada 16? Also, I married her when was 18, so I hope that is not the red flag. If that is the issue, does that mean the approval is slim just because I started to talk to her before the age of 18?

I appreciate you all for responding and providing me with insight!

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Also, I married her when was 18, so I hope that is not the red flag. If that is the issue, does that mean the approval is slim just because I started to talk to her before the age of 18?
They want to talk to her and make a final decision based on what she says.
The issue is a red flag.
Did you have a big wedding according to Moroccan tradition?

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
They want to talk to her and make a final decision based on what she says.
The issue is a red flag.
Did you have a big wedding according to Moroccan tradition?
It was not a large wedding. Approximately 20 people. Her family and friends were there. None of my family members were able to attend. I probably should have hired a professional photographer.