+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

R u waiting for AINP nomination

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
ksiusha said:
Well I don't really think they will do that, if someone who has an LMIA and wants to bring his spouse too, they will keep on giving open work permits to the spouse ...otherwise it doesn't make sense ........
other than spouses/common law

paulgovas

Aug 7, 2013
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
05-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
23-10-2015 received in Ecas
Passport Req..
January 6 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Not a good news for PGWP and LMIA exempted workers

Employers need to
Provide a job offer supported by an Labour Market Impact Assessment,
If the position or person was previously exempt from an LMIA, then a new LMIA will be required under Express Entry. When you get your LMIA, it will have an associated number that you will need to give to your Express Entry candidate.

For Canadian Experience Class (not required but applicants can get extra points under the Comprehensive Ranking System for a job offer)

be permanent, non-seasonal and full time, and
be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) list.

If recruiting from within Canada
If you have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment for an employee holding a temporary work permit to whom you wish to extend a permanent job offer, the LMIA may still be valid under Express Entry. However, if the position or person was previously exempt from an LMIA, then a new LMIA will be required under Express Entry.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
paulgovas said:
Not a good news for PGWP and LMIA exempted workers

Employers need to
Provide a job offer supported by an Labour Market Impact Assessment,
If the position or person was previously exempt from an LMIA, then a new LMIA will be required under Express Entry. When you get your LMIA, it will have an associated number that you will need to give to your Express Entry candidate.

For Canadian Experience Class (not required but applicants can get extra points under the Comprehensive Ranking System for a job offer)

be permanent, non-seasonal and full time, and
be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) list.

If recruiting from within Canada
If you have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment for an employee holding a temporary work permit to whom you wish to extend a permanent job offer, the LMIA may still be valid under Express Entry. However, if the position or person was previously exempt from an LMIA, then a new LMIA will be required under Express Entry.
So..students will have to get LMIA to get more points and be able to apply for PR...I wonder what will be the requirements for LMIA and who would want to go through this after paying so much money for tuition...

Masssa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO - Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AINP - Jan 19, 2015
AOR Received.
XEP April 24th. EP # May 28th
Med's Request
May 30th
Med's Done....
June 3rd
Passport Req..
Jan 29th
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2011
I truly believe that lmia would not be require for post grad workers. If you would look at the definition if lmia it says a positive lmia will show a need for foreigner worker and no canadian worker can do this job. So, as for post grad workers we have obtained same education as canadian. It also implies that we know English really good. So, as for completion, Canadians and we are staying on the same level. So, it doesn't make sense to get en employer to get lmia for people with PGWP. If you would look at my resume and my canadian classmates resumes you would never tell who is on a work permit.
So, I think we should stay calm untill further information

paulgovas

Aug 7, 2013
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
05-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
January 6 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Masssa said:
I truly believe that lmia would not be require for post grad workers. If you would look at the definition if lmia it says a positive lmia will show a need for foreigner worker and no canadian worker can do this job. So, as for post grad workers we have obtained same education as canadian. It also implies that we know English really good. So, as for completion, Canadians and we are staying on the same level. So, it doesn't make sense to get en employer to get lmia for people with PGWP. If you would look at my resume and my canadian classmates resumes you would never tell who is on a work permit.
So, I think we should stay calm untill further information
Their Canadian worker means canadians and permanent residents that I think. Now they have put us in the same pool with people they are even not in canada. We are competing with people from around the world to get invitation. It is sad to say but I think it is true

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
What they say is that you don't have to get LMIA to qualify for CEC, but you may never be selected...With LMIA your chances for invitation are very high. So depending on LMIA requirements, we may have to ask our employers to apply for it. And as they say it's free. But I am not sure if every employer would want to go through the advertising hassle and such...

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
So at this point I don't really see any benefit of coming to Canada to study... Unless you are coming just for a degree.

Masssa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO - Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AINP - Jan 19, 2015
AOR Received.
XEP April 24th. EP # May 28th
Med's Request
May 30th
Med's Done....
June 3rd
Passport Req..
Jan 29th
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2011
Why don't we stop guessing and just ask them. Can someone give a call to CIC. I'm at work now. So, if anyone at home and willing to spend a half an hour to clarify things????

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Masssa said:
Why don't we stop guessing and just ask them. Can someone give a call to CIC. I'm at work now. So, if anyone at home and willing to spend a half an hour to clarify things????
What I said above is correct. If you meet basic requirements under CEC (1 year work experience + language) then you apply for EE. Answer all those stupid questions and get a score. If you manage to get a LMIA or Provincial Nominee, then you get an extra 600 points and an instant invitation to apply for PR. if no LMIA or Provincial Nominee, then you compete with others and they choose those with higher scores.
So basically, with no LMIA or Nominee, we are competing with people all around the world. Personally, I don't have any work experience in my home country cause I came here when I was 20. So I am missing a lot of points for foreign working experience.

paulgovas

Aug 7, 2013
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
05-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
January 6 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Here are the links that talks about CEC and arrange employment requirements

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/cec.asp

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
paulgovas said:

It still doesn't make sense to me on how our employers can apply for LMIA to sponsor us...Is it going to be outside of EE?? ???

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
paulgovas said:

Oh I see... so we have to get LMIA and that is a separate process...great news :'(

paulgovas

Aug 7, 2013
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
05-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
January 6 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Phil89 said:
It still doesn't make sense to me on how our employers can apply for LMIA to sponsor us...Is it going to be outside of EE?? ???
it is all about the points to get. LMIA means 600 points that is half of the story. NO LMIA means we are building the points from Zero. That means no invitation. With LMIA or Provincial nomination letter we would be building points from 600 against the 1200 points. this is my thought

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
It's funny guys but do you remember when they where introducing EE early this year, it was introduces as a remedy for TFW program which is used mostly by semi and low skilled...and now there is no option for NOC C and D positions again haha this is just crazy..