+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

R.N. fr the Philippine can apply for Live in Caregiver Program???

alive77

Oct 25, 2017
29 July 2019

I notice that the posts here are already "ancient". However, i still decide to post here for updates on the "caregiver " program.

The Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) is closed to new applicants. Canada however launched 2 pilot programs , last June 18, 2019, The Home Child Care Provider Pilot and the Home Support Worker Pilot. These are 5-year pilot programs that let qualified caregivers and their family members come to Canada with the goal of becoming permanent residents.

Eligibility:
have a genuine and valid job offer
are able to do the job
meet the language level
meet the education requirement
are admissible to Canada

There is NO NEED of LMIA anymore

To know more details, please join advocacy FB account Filipino Canadian Connect-We Care, London, Ontario where they post updates on various Canadian opportunities or email nexuspbc.services@gmail.com

My Father -in law is undergoing dialysis this time, he is more than 64 y.o. and is living alone. He is planning to get his grandchild who is a RN graduate back in the Philippines. Will it fall under the HSW pilot?

Thank you in advance for your advice!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My Father -in law is undergoing dialysis this time, he is more than 64 y.o. and is living alone. He is planning to get his grandchild who is a RN graduate back in the Philippines. Will it fall under the HSW pilot?

Thank you in advance for your advice!
I don't think that will work out. He will need to demonstrate that he is working and is making enough money to pay her a full salary. If he is working, then he doesn't need her help.

alive77

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that will work out. He will need to demonstrate that he is working and is making enough money to pay her a full salary. If he is working, then he doesn't need her help.

He is on leave right now but has a full time work. what is the best solution to this so he can have help at home when hes doing dialysis at night.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He is on leave right now but has a full time work. what is the best solution to this so he can have help at home when hes doing dialysis at night.
If he needs help with the dialysis, then this generally means he should be going to a dialysis center to get the right support rather than doing it from home on his own. I'm not sure this will be a valid argument for bringing over a care worker, especially one who is a relative. Probably best to speak with an immigration lawyer to see if this is even worth trying.

Reactions: zardoz

ConnieCL

Mar 18, 2012
i think you have to take additional test on TESDA to get certificate to work as live in caregiver. You will not fill up the forms that are not applicable to you. Just fill up the educational questionnaire that qualify u as live in caregiver. I know lots of pinay caregivers here are RN from Saudi and some medical tech too.
In the NEW Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Worker pilot launched just last June 18, 2019, caregiver TESDA certificate is no longer required. No need of LMIA either. I sincerely hope that this matter should be made clear to Filipinos. The amount they pay for the training is useless.

alive77

Oct 25, 2017
If he needs help with the dialysis, then this generally means he should be going to a dialysis center to get the right support rather than doing it from home on his own. I'm not sure this will be a valid argument for bringing over a care worker, especially one who is a relative. Probably best to speak with an immigration lawyer to see if this is even worth trying.
Thank you!

Zan*

Jan 8, 2020
In the NEW Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Worker pilot launched just last June 18, 2019, caregiver TESDA certificate is no longer required. No need of LMIA either. I sincerely hope that this matter should be made clear to Filipinos. The amount they pay for the training is useless.
Hi Connie,

Does this mean that my partner who is a registered nurse here in the Philippines can be qualified for this new program? It's been years since his last hospital experience (you know, low salaries for nurses in the Phils.) He doesn't have any caregiving experience either but I figured his educational background and RN license surely would make up for it? Thanks.