Quick question about PCR test

studentfrompoland

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Hey guys, it's just a quick yes you need a new PCR test or no you don't

I have booked 2 separate tickets going from
SCL to LGA (first ticket) and
LGA to YYZ (second ticket).

My question is if I can use my PCR test that I'm doing in SCL for both tickets or if I need to make a new PCR test in the US.
Time wise, my PCR test will be valid for both tickets as I'm within the 72h period.
My confusion is just that I'll be checking out in LGA but then immediately checking in again for my second flight (on my separate second ticket). I bought 2 separate tickets as it was cheaper.

Thank you very much in advance guys!

studentfrompoland

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
I can't find the info you say. To me it just says the test needs to be within 72h of the last departing flight.
Basically what I'm saying is my PCR test that I'm taking in SCL will cover both flights time wise.
So you think I need another in LGA?
I'm flying 13th July, arriving 14th July in LGA and then on a separate ticket I'm flying on the same day to YYZ so my PCR test from SCL is time wise still valid

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I can't find the info you say. To me it just says the test needs to be within 72h of the last departing flight.
Basically what I'm saying is my PCR test that I'm taking in SCL will cover both flights time wise.
So you think I need another in LGA?
I'm flying 13th July, arriving 14th July in LGA and then on a separate ticket I'm flying on the same day to YYZ so my PCR test from SCL is time wise still valid
It is right in the link.

• take the test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada
    • if you have a connecting flight:
      • the test must be conducted within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your last direct flight to Canada (your last direct flight is from LGA not SCL)
      • you may need to schedule the test in your transit city

studentfrompoland

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
It is right in the link.

• take the test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada
    • if you have a connecting flight:
      • the test must be conducted within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your last direct flight to Canada (your last direct flight is from LGA not SCL)
      • you may need to schedule the test in your transit city
Oh, thank you! But my test is still valid within 72h of my last direct flight.
So that's why I'm confused if I still need to take another test on top of it even though my test is still valid, you know?