+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions related to sponsoring spouse.

atif_r0x

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Hi
I have a question, can we sponsor spouse while living outside Canada as permanent resident, and is job in Canada is mandatory to sponsor a spouse? I got PR last year in 2019 and stayed in Canada 3 months and did Job for 2 months and then came back to home country for 5 months now, during this time I will get married and submit document to sponsor my spouse, but when i will land in Canada again I will not have any job and I want to submit documents as soon as land in Canada again. TIA

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
1. No, you must be living in Canada to sponsor a spouse if you are a PR.

2. A job itself is not mandatory, but if you don't have a job, an employer letter confirming your job, and a CRA notice of assessment, you must provide a detailed plan of how you will support yourself and your spouse for three years.

atif_r0x

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
1. No, you must be living in Canada to sponsor a spouse if you are a PR.

2. A job itself is not mandatory, but if you don't have a job, an employer letter confirming your job, and a CRA notice of assessment, you must provide a detailed plan of how you will support yourself and your spouse for three years.
when I dont have a job? how i will get letter from employer of job confirmation?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
when I dont have a job? how i will get letter from employer of job confirmation?
There is no requirement to be working to qualify to sponsor a spouse. There are no minimum income requirements to sponsor a spouse you just can't be on social assistance.

As said above, sponsoring a spouse while living working outside of Canada as a PR is not possible. This is only allowed if you are a citizen.

atif_r0x

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
There is no requirement to be working to qualify to sponsor a spouse. There are no minimum income requirements to sponsor a spouse you just can't be on social assistance.

As said above, sponsoring a spouse while living working outside of Canada as a PR is not possible. This is only allowed if you are a citizen.
thanks for replying, does student loans are considered as social assistance? I mean if I am going to get loans for my Masters program in Canada? Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thanks for replying, does student loans are considered as social assistance? I mean if I am going to get loans for my Masters program in Canada? Thanks
Student loans are not considered social assistance. You will need to show how you can support yourselves in Canada which could be through savings.