+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

questions for accra applicants

canadaforsure

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
accra applicants,

please for those that have sent their documents, which address in accra did you use? do you use courier for a pobox? i want to start gathering my documents before my aor comes, is it acceptable to start gathering your documents before you get your aor? i need to know if i can send my documents using courier and which address i can use to send it. also who do i address my transcript to? so many questions that are yearning for answers.

thanks in anticipation

dcg

Apr 26, 2010
Send 2: Immigration Section
Canadian High Commission
42, Independence Avenue,
Accra, Ghana.
Transcripts should be addressed as such 2 but must not be sent separately by the issuing institution(s).Add in care of another address to the stated 1 above so that the transcript(s) can be received by you.This method will not be necessary if you are to be issued in person.Cheers.

canadaforsure

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
accra applicants please respond to my enquiries as i am desperate for answer.

thank you in anticipation

dcg

Apr 26, 2010
canadaforsure,that wasn't fair,after a candid advice u still sent in dat kind of post.i'l charge handsomely ordinarily 4 dat free info & advice i gave u,anyway,thnx bennyameh for ur reassurance(?) to canadaforsure

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dcg said:
canadaforsure,that wasn't fair,after a candid advice u still sent in dat kind of post.i'l charge handsomely Abi you be olopa? Dis no be wetin you carry zone o! lol 8) ordinarily 4 dat free info & advice i gave u,anyway,thnx bennyameh for ur reassurance(?) to canadaforsure

tito

Feb 10, 2007
dcg said:
canadaforsure,that wasn't fair,after a candid advice u still sent in dat kind of post.i'l charge handsomely ordinarily 4 dat free info & advice i gave u,anyway,thnx bennyameh for ur reassurance(?) to canadaforsure
Sorry oh but It's common for people to expect more than one response to their inquiries here; unfair to 1st responders but needed to reassure posters that they are getting the right kind of information.

Emcool00

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-09
Doc's Request.
09-02-10
AOR Received.
09-02-10
File Transfer...
09-04-10
Med's Request
29-04-10
Med's Done....
25-05-10
Passport Req..
11-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
In reality post or courier could be used but most people prefer courier bcos what you are sending is your detailed life history which you will not want to fall into wrong hands.With courier you will be able to track the movement till when it delivered and even have the name of the person that signed for it.So the choice is yours.
It is OK to gather documents now as it will save you time later. If possible get neccesary documents notarised.You will also have to think especially about IELTS and if you have not attempted it before my advice is to register now and write it while still waiting for AOR.This is so that you can have enough time should you have to repeat the test.But if you have sat for the exam before and are confident of yourself then you can register after the AOR. This will save you about N 29000 if by chance you are rejected by CIO but may prolong the time you will submit docs to Accra if approved by CIO.

dcg

Apr 26, 2010
Emcool00 said:
In reality post or courier could be used but most people prefer courier bcos what you are sending is your detailed life history which you will not want to fall into wrong hands.With courier you will be able to track the movement till when it delivered and even have the name of the person that signed for it.So the choice is yours.
It is OK to gather documents now as it will save you time later. If possible get neccesary documents notarised.You will also have to think especially about IELTS and if you have not attempted it before my advice is to register now and write it while still waiting for AOR.This is so that you can have enough time should you have to repeat the test.But if you have sat for the exam before and are confident of yourself then you can register after the AOR WHEN U HAVE 120DAYS DEADLINE? AND WIT D GROWING NO OF APPLICANTS 2 SIT 4 D IELTS?CANDID ADVICE IS 2 ATTEMPT IELTS B4 UR AOR ARRIVES. This will save you about N 29000 if by chance you are rejected by CIO but may prolong the time you will submit docs to Accra if approved by CIO.

Emcool00

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-09
Doc's Request.
09-02-10
AOR Received.
09-02-10
File Transfer...
09-04-10
Med's Request
29-04-10
Med's Done....
25-05-10
Passport Req..
11-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
@dcg
It is unhealthy for this forum for you to comment on my post the way you did.I gave my advice based on my situation and that of several others i have read on this forum.If you have other opinions on this why dont you write them out and let all see rather than mutilate my post in order to make your point.
In case you are forgeting,120 days is approximately 4 months. So are you saying it is not possible to sit for IELTS in 4 months?Here is my own situation, got 1st AOR 0n 9th Feb.2010. Registered for IELTS in Lagos the next day and got March 6 date.Sat for the test on 6th march and got the result about 2 weeks later. So it is not impossible as you suggested.So I maintain that it only depends on his confidence and state of preparedness and only him can decide that.
And FYI I submitted full docs to Accra on 9th April,2010 and got PRPR fee and medical exam. request by email on 29th April,2010.I am presently waiting for the hard copy of medical request and other forms by post.Mind you there was no imput whatsoever from any immigration consultant or agent up till this stage.
So, canadaforsure and others about to apply, you can do it on your own.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Emcool00 said:
@ dcg
It is unhealthy for this forum for you to comment on my post the way you did.I gave my advice based on my situation and that of several others i have read on this forum.If you have other opinions on this why dont you write them out and let all see rather than mutilate my post in order to make your point.
In case you are forgeting,120 days is approximately 4 months. So are you saying it is not possible to sit for IELTS in 4 months?Here is my own situation, got 1st AOR 0n 9th Feb.2010. Registered for IELTS in Lagos the next day and got March 6 date.Sat for the test on 6th march and got the result about 2 weeks later. So it is not impossible as you suggested.So I maintain that it only depends on his confidence and state of preparedness and only him can decide that. I agree with you totally.
And FYI I submitted full docs to Accra on 9th April,2010 and got PRPR fee and medical exam. request by email on 29th April,2010 Nna this na mark4 bullet o. Great! 8).I am presently waiting for the hard copy of medical request and other forms by post.Mind you there was no imput whatsoever from any immigration consultant or agent up till this stage. Beni. Who needs immigration consultants or agent? Dem go scatter your case even the more. The CIC has in her wisdom made everything easy only if applicants are willing to take the time to study all the materials they have posted on their website. Be very dedicated to the course. Spend the time to carefully gather all documents that are needed and submit same at the same time rather than in piece meal.
So, canadaforsure and others about to apply, you can do it on your own. O ti tan ni...
Congratulations buddie

canadaforsure

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@dcg, i did not mean to undermine your response to my enquiry. i did not read through your response very well until i read bennyameh's response. i had to take a second reading and now understood your response. meanwhile you did not have to be harsh to emcool00 as he was very correct in his response. i need the maximum score in language proficiency that was why i quickly applied immediately i applied on april 6th and do you know the date i was given? 18th july. you can imagine if i had waited for my aor before applying for the test. i pray i get my needed score if not i would have to retake it before submitting my documents or since they received my documents on april 9th, write them that i would forward it later.

i pray we all make it. i see canada as a country where technocrats from different parts of the world would turn to a big nation and even the biggest nation(usa) would be trailing behind us very soon

dcg

Apr 26, 2010
my brother emcool00,I no mean am d way u're taking it! All I'm simply tryin 2 suggest is that based on the present situation at the Lagos British Council office if u're to register 2 take IELTS in Lagos now,u can only get Sept date upwards(Lagos center) & dat must be initiated online now.Can u now imagine a prospective applicant awaiting AOR & applying @ dis time for IELTS,don't u think dat there are stronger chances of receiving AOR much earlier & ur 120 days request to send in docs 2 Accra might elapse before u take the IELTS from the way the increasing rush is going on @ the British Council offices? That's my point.Hope u get it. I mean no disrespect. Its safer to attempt ur IELTS before filing ur application @ CIO! Check dis out also,it might help: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2010/2010-03-10.asp

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dcg said:
my brother emcool00,I no mean am d way u're taking it! All I'm simply tryin 2 suggest is that based on the present situation at the Lagos British Council office if u're to register 2 take IELTS in Lagos now,u can only get Sept date upwards(Lagos center) That is true. Getting dates at the british council for test isn't that easy. Near time dates are all booked. Better to book much earlier to be certain.& dat must be initiated online now.Can u now imagine a prospective applicant awaiting AOR & applying @ dis time for IELTS,don't u think dat there are stronger chances of receiving AOR much earlier & ur 120 days request to send in docs 2 Accra might elapse before u take the IELTS from the way the increasing rush is going on @ the British Council offices? That's my point.Hope u get it. I mean no disrespect. Its safer to attempt ur IELTS before filing ur application @ CIO! Check dis out also,it might help: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2010/2010-03-10.asp