+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about Language section

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
My confusion is about picking the answer "Yes" or "No" because of the following ...

I haven't taken IELTS yet BUT when my application will be processed , I'll take the exam related to the language , so since I'll take it , should I pick "Yes" because I'm going to take the test and then provide the results later ? or should I pick "No" because I didn't take the exam yet ?
*Note : I'll take IELTS once they ask for other proof documents and provide them the results later. and for now , I selected the language proficiency randomly , is that ok ? or should I take IELTS before the whole application being sent ???
Please help with this!
Thank You

TbilisiAnkara

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should NOT lie. That's the most important rule!

You have not taken the test yet, but still want to tell them that you have. But remember that your certificate has a date on it and it real easy to find out that by the time you told them you have taken the test you actually had not done so.

If I were an IO, I would refuse you immediately. Nothing personal, just business.

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
ok I don't have time here to take IELTS now and a friend will travel to canada the next few days , I usually give him the application and he sends it for me , but since I can't take IELTS now , what do you recommend here and how do I pick the language proficiency since I don't have IELTS now , i'll take any suggestions or advices

Thank You

adam912

Star Member
Oct 11, 2009
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo Egypt
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17 th
there are no options here.. you have to take IELTS, unless you're American or British.

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
In process at Buffalo: Aug 17, 2010
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
It is really important not to lie, if you haven't taken before it will be showed in your IELTS results as the IELTS result sheet states how many times have you made the test before. So, in my opinion I would say NO.

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Ok so I understand IELTS is recommended to be taken now ...
how about French proficiency ? I studied french for 6 years in high school and I have my high school certification illustrating that I studied french for 6 years , is it considerable ? or I should take the french language test then I can determine my proficiency ?
Thank You

kulikuli

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
09-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2010
LANDED..........
Not decided
Just say No for the initial application. You can change when you submit the full application at your local CHC if by then you have taken the test

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
kulikuli said:
Just say No for the initial application. You can change when you submit the full application at your local CHC if by then you have taken the test
Harith,

1. If u r tight on points, that 'No' will fetch u a 'Refusal'.
2. If u r not French, U'll get '0 points' w/out a DELF, DALF, TCFQ or TEFaQ.

Ur best bet: Write "Yes", add 'Applied for IELTS/CELPIP'. Book it and attach the receipt in 2nd stage of apps (if by then the results do not land).

Regards.
Ps: Thus, my trackitt remark still stands.

Albularyo

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Manila
Hello,

harith86 said:
My confusion is about picking the answer "Yes" or "No" because of the following ...

I haven't taken IELTS yet BUT when my application will be processed , I'll take the exam related to the language , so since I'll take it , should I pick "Yes" because I'm going to take the test and then provide the results later ? or should I pick "No" because I didn't take the exam yet ?
*Note : I'll take IELTS once they ask for other proof documents and provide them the results later. and for now , I selected the language proficiency randomly , is that ok ? or should I take IELTS before the whole application being sent ???
Please help with this!
Thank You
Tick Yes then provide cover letter that IELTS will be taken on "specific date". IELTS results can be made available after the CIO initial application. But it is advisable to take the IELTS before you submit the initial application.

hth

SunnyDXB

Nov 24, 2009
Dubai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harith86,

You should attend IELTS exam before submitting your application and mention Yest in the form because it is better to mention yes in the form. IELTS result is valid for one year and new process is also taking not more than one year.