+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUESTION REGARDING STUDY VISA AFTER PGWP

naumanayubi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
HELLO ALL,
I have a Question It will be great if someone can answer. I had a Post graduate Work permit which is going to expire end of this year . I am not able to apply for PR as I am short of points. I talked to one consultant and he offered me that he can get a study permit for me for two years and than if I want I don't actually need to pay tuition fee and don't need to go to college . I can stay here in canada and work like 20 hrs as per study permit allows . I want to know is it really possible ? or even if it is possible am I able to travel around like can I go back home and come back or I have to stay here. Other thing does it affect my chances of getting PR in future ? Does it have any negative effects on my status ?
Plz help me if u know .

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
That's what my consultant told me

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
Your consultant is incorrect. If you are international students, there will be reports uploaded into CIC system to check for your status. If you are not going to school for several months, your study permit will be invalid.

Unless your consultant has good relationship with the school, he can give you fake attendance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
naumanayubi said:
HELLO ALL,
I have a Question It will be great if someone can answer. I had a Post graduate Work permit which is going to expire end of this year . I am not able to apply for PR as I am short of points. I talked to one consultant and he offered me that he can get a study permit for me for two years and than if I want I don't actually need to pay tuition fee and don't need to go to college . I can stay here in canada and work like 20 hrs as per study permit allows . I want to know is it really possible ? or even if it is possible am I able to travel around like can I go back home and come back or I have to stay here. Other thing does it affect my chances of getting PR in future ? Does it have any negative effects on my status ?
Plz help me if u know .
No - of course it's not possible. Yes - of course it will impact your status. What your consultant is telling you to do is illegal. It will put you on the fast path to having your status in Canada formally revoked and being told to leave Canada (and then deported if you don't leave voluntarily). And once you work in Canada illegally, it will be a lot more difficult to return in the future.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naumanayubi said:
HELLO ALL,
Plz help me if u know .
That is illegal. Do not listen to his suggestion. Check this

Studying while in Canada
As of June 1, 2014, all study permit holders in Canada will need to actively pursue studies. This means that:

if you hold a study permit, you must remain enrolled and make reasonable and timely progress towards completing your program; and
failing to do so could lead to your removal from Canada.
Your educational institution will report to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on your continued enrolment and academic status. You may also be asked by an immigration officer to provide evidence of your continued enrolment and academic status.

source http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp

yash9022

Apr 26, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
18th March 17
naumanayubi said:
HELLO ALL,
Plz help me if u know .
Now for study in canada, you cant even take drop in first sem, for the second sem you can, for third sem again you need to study. My suggestion would be, you can research for any employer who can support you getting LMIA. :(

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
If you received your study permit once, do you have to go to the school or you can change it with something else like visitor ???

naumanayubi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Ya that's what I was thinking .
karenv said:
Your consultant is incorrect. If you are international students, there will be reports uploaded into CIC system to check for your status. If you are not going to school for several months, your study permit will be invalid.

Unless your consultant has good relationship with the school, he can give you fake attendance.

naumanayubi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Yup that's what I asked that consultant and he is like noo its not a issue. I told him I am not gonna this way it will actually harm me after that . or else I have to submit tuition fee which I can't afford at this moment.

Hansdza said:
That is illegal. Do not listen to his suggestion. Check this

Studying while in Canada
As of June 1, 2014, all study permit holders in Canada will need to actively pursue studies. This means that:

if you hold a study permit, you must remain enrolled and make reasonable and timely progress towards completing your program; and
failing to do so could lead to your removal from Canada.
Your educational institution will report to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on your continued enrolment and academic status. You may also be asked by an immigration officer to provide evidence of your continued enrolment and academic status.

source http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp

juliegunawan

Mar 2, 2014
naumanayubi said:
Yup that's what I asked that consultant and he is like noo its not a issue. I told him I am not gonna this way it will actually harm me after that . or else I have to submit tuition fee which I can't afford at this moment.
I have the same problem, but I created the problem due to my stupidity.
If you could afford to keep it for full time (min of 3 classes per semester), I think that should be fine.
You could still work for 20 hours per week.
If you apply for visitor visa, you could stay but you couldn't work or study.
Either way, you will lose money.
Let's hope for the new policy to come out that could help international students.
Just try to be positive as well. We will get through this

naumanayubi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
What You Did than ? Like did u attend school aswell or what

juliegunawan said:
I have the same problem, but I created the problem due to my stupidity.
If you could afford to keep it for full time (min of 3 classes per semester), I think that should be fine.
You could still work for 20 hours per week.
If you apply for visitor visa, you could stay but you couldn't work or study.
Either way, you will lose money.
Let's hope for the new policy to come out that could help international students.
Just try to be positive as well. We will get through this

naumanayubi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
I don't Think we can change it to visitor

akhil5293 said:
If you received your study permit once, do you have to go to the school or you can change it with something else like visitor ???

juliegunawan

Mar 2, 2014
naumanayubi said:
What You Did than ? Like did u attend school aswell or what
I'm trying to get enrolled in college, but one of my friend has her study permit rejected by CIC.
The college hasn't approved my application either.
I'm a bit worried now

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
HELLO ALL,
Plz help me if u know .

That is absolute nonsense.

As someone mentioned it is totally illegal and if caught you will risk being banned and having any experience consider unlawful and will therefore not help you for PR. You could also be found inadmissible to Canada which would mean you would not be able to apply for PR at all.

If you have a study permit, you should be studying full time (working optionally up to 20 h/w).

My best advice, do everything the right and lawful way and do not take unnecessary risks that will certainly harm your chances down the road. Study french, improve your english, etc. Also may I ask what is your CRS score and how is it distributed? It seems to me that with a Canadian degree plus Canadian work experience you should be fine reaching the 450 threshold that will most likely guarantee you an ITA.

Cheers,

Fernando