+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUESTION REGARDING SINP STUDENT CATEGORY.

vishnuhari

May 22, 2012
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
Doc's Request.
NOT YET
Nomination.....
01-04-2013
AOR Received.
04-06-2013
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
10-06-2013
Passport Req..
Dec 18 2013
hi guys
i have started my work in SK on Jan 24. so i guess old criteria will apply to me. can anybody tell me what does it mean by "SINP Job Approval form from a Saskatchewan Employer". and what are the procedures to get the approval form from employer.
thanks
regards
vish

arif215

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2012
Doc's Request.
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
vishnuhari said:
hi guys
i have started my work in SK on Jan 24. so i guess old criteria will apply to me. can anybody tell me what does it mean by "SINP Job Approval form from a Saskatchewan Employer". and what are the procedures to get the approval form from employer.
thanks
regards
vish
I heard that people making SINP applications after June 30 will fall under new rules. Something for you to double check.

peachie

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Hi

I called SINP today and also got an email from them. Anyone who can prove that they've been working since prior to May 1st will be on the old rule. NOC C and D jobs obviously don't need IELTS but we have to comply by having the employer approval form.

The employer will register on this website: https://www.apps.gov.sk.ca/apex/f?p=310:1
iF you click on employer sign up, you can see the questions that SINP want answered by the employer. If the employer has a question they can call SINP. The process apparently takes 3-4 weeks after employer registration, so consider this when you are working on your 6 months work experience. They want us to submit a copy of the approval form with all of our checklist requirements.

There is no June 30th, 2012 cut off date.

Ok one step closer to our goal. At least we don't have to work one year with just one employer. :)

arif215

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2012
Doc's Request.
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
peachie said:
Hi

I called SINP today and also got an email from them. Anyone who can prove that they've been working since prior to May 1st will be on the old rule. NOC C and D jobs obviously don't need IELTS but we have to comply by having the employer approval form.

The employer will register on this website: https://www.apps.gov.sk.ca/apex/f?p=310:1
iF you click on employer sign up, you can see the questions that SINP want answered by the employer. If the employer has a question they can call SINP. The process apparently takes 3-4 weeks after employer registration, so consider this when you are working on your 6 months work experience. They want us to submit a copy of the approval form with all of our checklist requirements.

There is no June 30th, 2012 cut off date.

Ok one step closer to our goal. At least we don't have to work one year with just one employer. :)
Thats good to hear peachie. So since SINP said there isn't any June 30 cutoff, I can tell my friend about it. He will be relieved!

Do you know what kinda questions SINP asks employer? And after getting the login info for the website, what does the employer need to do after that?

peachie

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
You can see the questions when you click on the prompt to register. The employer apparently will be asked to upload the job offer. That's all they said to me, I was told they have an area in the SINP office for employers to contact with their concerns.

My understanding is that April 30th will be the last day for out of province graduated students to start work in SK with their employers.

arif215

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2012
Doc's Request.
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
peachie said:
You can see the questions when you click on the prompt to register. The employer apparently will be asked to upload the job offer. That's all they said to me, I was told they have an area in the SINP office for employers to contact with their concerns.

My understanding is that April 30th will be the last day for out of province graduated students to start work in SK with their employers.
My employer actually filled out the form yesterday and he said all it wanted was his License Number and a few other simple questions. He says hes waiting for his login info now.

peachie

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Hi Arif, keep us posted on this registration and other stuff that goes on after, okay? Thank you~!

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
Arif , peachie

Does that mean we can only submit the application after the employer registers + another 3-4 weeks of processing?
Thankyou!

peachie

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Yes, SINP wants us to supply a photocopy of the certificate/form that SINP would have given the employer after they have been checked and approved by SINP.

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
Thanks Peachie.
Is it possible for the employer to follow these steps even before the 12 months is up (studied outside Saskatchewan)? As it takes 3 -4 weeks processing time for the certificate/form to be received by the employer, we can file the application without further delay.

arif215

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2012
Doc's Request.
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
Yea that would be the best thing to do. Get your employer to get the approval before your 12 months are over. It takes about 3-4 weeks for them to give the approval, but I would get the employer to apply for the approval at least 2 months in advance so that you are not waiting too long for it.

And another thing to keep in mind, after June 30, all applications under student category need to have IELTS results with it. Something else to think about if you don't have it already.

arif215

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2012
Doc's Request.
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
Thats what I heard from a friend. Any applicant applying after June 30 needs to have IELTS results submitted with it.

As for me, I got a letter from SINP in mid May asking for my older job's ROE and new job paystubs. Sending that out in a few days. Really hope everything speeds along, my PGWP expires this friday :p

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
arif215 said:
Thats what I heard from a friend. Any applicant applying after June 30 needs to have IELTS results submitted with it.

As for me, I got a letter from SINP in mid May asking for my older job's ROE and new job paystubs. Sending that out in a few days. Really hope everything speeds along, my PGWP expires this friday :p
Thanks Arif .
I found in the website that IELTS is required only if you are employed in NOC C or NOC D jobs. Your information is correct!

oh , so are you okay to wait although the PGWP is expiring in few days. Arent you changing it to any other status?
In btwn, I see that you filed the application in January - thats 6 months already :((

Please do keep us posted. Good Luck!

arif215

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2012
Doc's Request.
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
I am going to send in an application to be renewed while I keep working on implied status. Hopefully the SINP letter comes in soon!