+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding applying for parents visitor visa through IRCC portal

MaxFederico

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Hi there,
My parents are going to apply for a visitor visa to visit me (an international student). There is something that has confused me: In the IRCC portal, if my father is the main applicant, should we create a separate application (under the "Family Group") for my mother? I'm asking this because when we filled out my father's application, we were asked whether my mother is also going to accompany him, and we chose "yes" and entered her information accordingly. So I was wondering if this means that my mother doesn't need to fill out a separate application, and thus if my father's application is approved, my mother will also be issued a visa automatically?

Would be grateful if you can help me with this.
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there,
My parents are going to apply for a visitor visa to visit me (an international student). There is something that has confused me: In the IRCC portal, if my father is the main applicant, should we create a separate application (under the "Family Group") for my mother? I'm asking this because when we filled out my father's application, we were asked whether my mother is also going to accompany him, and we chose "yes" and entered her information accordingly. So I was wondering if this means that my mother doesn't need to fill out a separate application, and thus if my father's application is approved, my mother will also be issued a visa automatically?

Would be grateful if you can help me with this.
Thanks
That is correct. She is part of your father’s application.

Reactions: MaxFederico

MaxFederico

Star Member
May 6, 2018
That is correct. She is part of your father’s application.
Thank you for replying. So, if she is part of my father's application, why nothing else like her passport number (or any other information/document like national ID card, etc.) is needed to submit for her?

Thank you