+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on x-husband PR application

Rahaa

Dec 29, 2016
Hi there,
I'm not sure it's a proper topic to ask my question however I appreciate to receive any advice.
Two years ago I got divorced but due to some circumstances and only for some particular cases based on the court decision the government in back home will replace the national ID of the divorced couple with a new one and remove the spose's name there ( in back home the name of the spouse will be written in the national IDs). A few months later I applied for the federal skill work program as a single person since the translation of my ID even never showed I have been divorced. However I got my PR within 6 months and it's more than a year that I landed in Canada.
Now, I noticed my x-husband has applied for Saskatchewan skill worker program and his application is in process. Actually the time that he had applied he had not been changed his ID yet so he filed the application as a divorced person and mentioned my name as the xwife!
My question is, does it cause any issue in my permanent residency? Would it be important for immigration to check his xwife name and come after me although it's in a different category. Should he withdraw his application and apply with his new ID?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Rahaa said:
Hi there,
I'm not sure it's a proper topic to ask my question however I appreciate to receive any advice.
Two years ago I got divorced but due to some circumstances and only for some particular cases based on the court decision the government in back home will replace the national ID of the divorced couple with a new one and remove the spose's name there ( in back home the name of the spouse will be written in the national IDs). A few months later I applied for the federal skill work program as a single person since the translation of my ID even never showed I have been divorced. However I got my PR within 6 months and it's more than a year that I landed in Canada.
Now, I noticed my x-husband has applied for Saskatchewan skill worker program and his application is in process. Actually the time that he had applied he had not been changed his ID yet so he filed the application as a divorced person and mentioned my name as the xwife!
My question is, does it cause any issue in my permanent residency? Would it be important for immigration to check his xwife name and come after me although it's in a different category. Should he withdraw his application and apply with his new ID?
You shouldn't have lied in your PR application. Technically this means your status in Canada will never be "safe" - even once you have citizenship. You should never sponsor a spouse for PR in the future since this will likely uncover your lie.

Your ex-husband should tell the truth in his application and state that he's divorced. He shouldn't change his PR application because you lied in yours. He should tell the truth.

Rahaa

Dec 29, 2016
Another thing is, we decided to get back to each other and get married. Based on the new situation what is the wise decision? If his PR application wouldn't be successful I can't sponsor him at all! But if he withdrews the application now still there might be a chance to open up a new application in his side or I sponsor him. However the application is in process even later they might bring up all previous information!