+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on my best friend’s SOP:

d.mondragon

Feb 22, 2021
My best friend and I are applying for a student visa to Canada, May 2021 intake. I have already lodged my application weeks ago but she hasn’t lodged hers yet. She has a question about her application, maybe someone here can shed an answer or suggestion to her problem:

- Her principal sponsor is a family friend she met at their church. She’s close with them and has treated each other like real family. Her parents have a bank account but it’s not enough for the proof of funds, but her parents have a house title under their name.

Has anyone of you here had/have a family friend or a non-family/relative as sponsor? Can her principal sponsor be a family friend? Also, can she include her parents’ proof of house title as documentation for her home ties in the country? She doesn’t have properties named after her.

We’re currently editing her SOP and we’re not sure on how to attach that stuff. I’m actually having doubts about it, but I’m hoping to hear someone’s opinion(s) on the matter.

Thank you.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My best friend and I are applying for a student visa to Canada, May 2021 intake. I have already lodged my application weeks ago but she hasn’t lodged hers yet. She has a question about her application, maybe someone here can shed an answer or suggestion to her problem:

- Her principal sponsor is a family friend she met at their church. She’s close with them and has treated each other like real family. Her parents have a bank account but it’s not enough for the proof of funds, but her parents have a house title under their name.

Has anyone of you here had/have a family friend or a non-family/relative as sponsor? Can her principal sponsor be a family friend? Also, can she include her parents’ proof of house title as documentation for her home ties in the country? She doesn’t have properties named after her.

We’re currently editing her SOP and we’re not sure on how to attach that stuff. I’m actually having doubts about it, but I’m hoping to hear someone’s opinion(s) on the matter.

Thank you.
Much higher chance of refusal in this kind of situation. The sponsor should be an immediate family member.

Her parents' property is not a tie.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Parent's property can be used as a proof of ties for only dependants (only below 18 and even then sometimes it may not be considered by the VO) like @scylla said.

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
High chances of refusal. When someone other than family sponsors there is always a doubt that money was exchanged for this affair.