+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about work permit paperwork

Luvacanadian

Feb 18, 2013
I am almost ready to submit my application for my husband to sponsor me. medical,background check etc all done. I am also going to apply for a work permit so when he gets approved for sponsorship I can get back to work, at least I hope I can. We are applying inland by the way! My question is, we have done everything as needed, but when I fill out the work permit checklist it asks for the application to change conditions/extend my stay or remain in canada as a worker form IMM5710. do I really have to send that in as well considering I am already sending in the sponsorship application with the work permit app? I mean that a whole other fee on top of the other fee's. When I went through customs and immigration a couple weeks ago the officer stamped my passport for me because you need to have a copy of that for the application he said I have 6 months which I knew, but this form IMM5710 sounds like I need to apply for an extension so it's confusing. is there a simpler work permit form? do I really need to fill out this other one, IMM5710? any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Jen

MonikaR

Nov 28, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2012
Hi there,

I just submitted my inland application last month and was really confused about which form to use to apply for the open work permit. You DO have to fill out the Form IMM5710 in it's entirety and include all the documents and fees. I just filled it all out and put it and all the supporting documentation in a separate, labelled envelope in with my PR application :)

MonikaR

Nov 28, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2012
I'm trying to remember if there were any specific questions I had problems with, but I don't really remember the specifics. And basically you are filing for an extension... You can visit for 6 months, but then after that, when you hopefully have our AIP, you want to extend your stay but as a worker.