+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Tourist Visas from a US Citizen

kdcarson

Jan 23, 2012
Hiya,

Before I begin, I'd like to say that I did try searching for this info using "us citizen multiple entry tourist visa" (no quotes), but couldn't find anything. If you know the link(s) that answer(s) my question below, I'd appreciate you pasting them. I didn't bookmark the webpage that lists fees, and I have other questions that I can't find on the government websites.

Here we go....

I'm a US citizen (born and raised in the US). I want to visit Quebec on a multiple entry tourist visa, preferably for 6 months.

1) How much are multiple entry tourist visas for US citizens? I remember them being $300 usd.

2) Can I apply before crossing the border (online or in person), or do I have to wait until I actually get to the border (We plan on entering by train.)?

3) How much money do I have to have in my bank account to enter as a visitor?

4) Are they really going to weigh me? Also, is it okay if I have asthma due to environmental reasons?

5) How painless will this process be?

vivacanada

Jan 23, 2012
kdcarson said:
Hiya,

Before I begin, I'd like to say that I did try searching for this info using "us citizen multiple entry tourist visa" (no quotes), but couldn't find anything. If you know the link(s) that answer(s) my question below, I'd appreciate you pasting them. I didn't bookmark the webpage that lists fees, and I have other questions that I can't find on the government websites.

Here we go....

I'm a US citizen (born and raised in the US). I want to visit Quebec on a multiple entry tourist visa, preferably for 6 months.

1) How much are multiple entry tourist visas for US citizens? I remember them being $300 usd.

2) Can I apply before crossing the border (online or in person), or do I have to wait until I actually get to the border (We plan on entering by train.)?

3) How much money do I have to have in my bank account to enter as a visitor?

4) Are they really going to weigh me? Also, is it okay if I have asthma due to environmental reasons?

5) How painless will this process be?
Heya! Even US permanent resident (non US citizen only green card holder) can enter Canada visa free. Why you, as a US citizen, would be required for a tourist visa? I can't post link on this forum. google "Canada consulate in buffalo", you will see US citizen are visa exempt.

1) 2) no tourist visa required if you use your US passport.
3) I have friends and relatives came to Canada as visitor, they were never asked for proof of funds by Canadian officer at border. In case they do ask you, I'd say at least a few thousand dollars.
4) No. Why would they weigh you?
5) Process is easy and of course painless. Some Canadian airports have the body scanner like the one you have in US, but it's not a mandatory check for every passenger.

kdcarson

Jan 23, 2012
One More Quick Question

If US citizens can enter Canada visa-free, how long can they stay without an extension? Again, feel free to tell me which keywords to google or use here on the forum.

Thanks.

MSP2YYZ

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011