Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2014
LANDED..........
SOON!!
Hi everyone, I have a question about the list that the CBSA will receive when my wife arrives in Canada for the first time as a PR. The letter they sent to her says she should detail what she has so I{m just wondering how much detail they want? I don{t want to leave out any details that could prolong the interview causing us to miss a connecting flight.

Did people write all the individual clothes they have? or something like '3 pairs of jeans, 5 t shirts, 1 dress, 10 earings, etc.'???

And I'm a Canadian citizen and will be travelling with her, would I be with her in the interview or no??

Thanks so much!!! Can't believe we're only days away from being in Canada together!!! :)

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Chauncey said:
Hi everyone, I have a question about the list that the CBSA will receive when my wife arrives in Canada for the first time as a PR. The letter they sent to her says she should detail what she has so I{m just wondering how much detail they want? I don{t want to leave out any details that could prolong the interview causing us to miss a connecting flight.

Did people write all the individual clothes they have? or something like '3 pairs of jeans, 5 t shirts, 1 dress, 10 earings, etc.'???

And I'm a Canadian citizen and will be travelling with her, would I be with her in the interview or no??

Thanks so much!!! Can't believe we're only days away from being in Canada together!!! :)
If she just has one suitcase of clothing and a couple pieces of cheap jewelry you don't even have to worry about it. My husband was coming from Dominican Republic and just had one suit case of clothes and some toiletry items, he didn't fill out the b4 form.

Chauncey

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
Doc's Request.
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2014
LANDED..........
SOON!!
Thanks for the reply! that's good to hear. She will have more than that, about three small suitcases, mostly of clothes, jewelry, toiletries, decorations and art for our house, etc.

Were you with him for the interview or did they not allow?

Chauncey

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
Doc's Request.
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2014
LANDED..........
SOON!!
oooooo also, we arrive in Toronto, but are connecting to Vancouver 3 and a half hours later as our final destination. Do they go through your luggage or do you need to tell the airline any specific info about it for the cbsa to look through it or not??

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Chauncey said:
Thanks for the reply! that's good to hear. She will have more than that, about three small suitcases, mostly of clothes, jewelry, toiletries, decorations and art for our house, etc.

Were you with him for the interview or did they not allow?
No, my husband landed on his own, I met him outside in arrivals. If she has 3 suitcases, then fill out the b4 forms. You don't have to be super detailed. I would just total the amount of clothes, jewelry, and decorations. I doubt they will care too much. It is up to the CBSA officer at the point of entry whether they want to look through your stuff or not. You don't have to tell the airline anything. You will go through all of this stuff in Toronto since it will be your first point of entry. 3.5 hours is more than enough time to connect to your flight to Vancouver. Don't worry. It was super easy for my husband and he was out really really quickly once his plane landed, even though he had to go through the secondary landing procedure. It should be really easy for you.