+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Express Entry

PipeWrench33

Mar 4, 2024
FIRSTLY,
I was trying to figure out my CRS score.

4) What is your level of education?
Enter the highest level of education for which you:
  • earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate or
  • had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you did your study outside Canada. (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)

4b) Have you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate?
Select... No Yes

4c) Choose the best answer to describe this level of education.

I am confused at one step:
I have done grade 12 from India and a 2-year diploma in Power Eng in Canada. I work as a full time Power Eng in BC.

For #4) Do I fill in **high school** or **2-year program at university, college, technical, or trade school**?

For #4c) Undoubtedly, I say a two-year diploma

SECONDLY,
Does my job title have to match exactly with the job title of my NOC code. For instance, my NOC is
92100 - Power engineers and power systems operators

But on my Paycheck, it says Field Engineer 1. Is that an issue when i apply for Express Entry. Even though my job duties match the description of the NOC 92100.

Thirdly,
This is what my score looks like if i punched in everything correctly:

Core/Human capital factors
  • Age = 110
  • Level of education = 98
  • Official Languages = 127
    • First Official Language = 127
    • Second Official Language = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 40
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 375
Skill transferability factors
Education (to a maximum of 50 points)
  • A) Official Language proficiency and education = 25
  • B) Canadian work experience and education = 13
  • Subtotal = 38
    Foreign work experience (to a maximum of 50 points)
    • A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 0
    • B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 0
  • Subtotal = 0
    Certificate of qualification = 50
    Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 88

Additional points (to a maximum of 600 points)
Provincial nomination = 0
Job offer = 0
Study in Canada = 15
Sibling in Canada = 15
French-language skills = 0
Subtotal Additional points = 30
Comprehensive Ranking System formula grand total = 493

Do you guys think: To make it to 500+ , I should just learn French because i don't see any other way to increase my score. I still have 2 years left on my PGWP.

kallisti

Dec 26, 2023
Firstly: Enter the highest education you have for 4, period. So that's your 2 year Canadian degree.
Secondly: No, job title doesn't matter. You are correct to match the NOC duties.
Thirdly: Maybe a job offer or some kind of PNP is an option?

Reactions: PipeWrench33

PipeWrench33

Mar 4, 2024
Firstly: Enter the highest education you have for 4, period. So that's your 2 year Canadian degree.
Secondly: No, job title doesn't matter. You are correct to match the NOC duties.
Thirdly: Maybe a job offer or some kind of PNP is an option?
Unfortunately, BC-PNP needs me to have 'employer support'. The company I work for is a very big, multi-national company. I am afraid they won't support my PNP application.
I am sure they will be able to give me an experience letter, but I have heard you need a few more things from your employer.

If anyone knows about this, what all do I need from the employer? It might be worth asking...

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Unfortunately, BC-PNP needs me to have 'employer support'. The company I work for is a very big, multi-national company. I am afraid they won't support my PNP application.
I am sure they will be able to give me an experience letter, but I have heard you need a few more things from your employer.

If anyone knows about this, what all do I need from the employer? It might be worth asking...
Usually you need offer letter, contract, job letter, experience letter,paystubs and T4 to prove job experience.
In PNPs usually the employers are contacted and they need to respond regarding your job.

Reactions: PipeWrench33