Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 14, 2013
LANDED..........
July 13, 2013 at Pearson Airport
Hi friends, I sent my application on Sept 7th and I am really worried about the address that I put on application. When I landed here in July 2013, I stayed at address "A" for few days which was my relative's house and then I moved to address "B" which was on the same street just few houses apart. But I never changed my address on any documents like bank and IT returns, employer, etc because I had no access to the mailbox of address B and it was easy for me to collect all mails from address A. Even in the income tax return I put the address A as my home address and mailing address. The only document of address B I have is the bill of Bell internet and one Auto Insurance address change letter.

Now in the application form I truthfully mentioned my addresses where I lived, as advised by some people in this forum. Even the call center agent told me to put the addresses to the best of my knowledge where I actually lived.

Even though for myself I can show the bill and auto policy as the address, my wife would not be able to prove her address as address B as the internet and auto policy was in my name only.

If they check with CRA they will find address A everywhere.

So I am very worried if they ask for proof of address what would I do.

Last edited:

Siar

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Hi friends, I sent my application on Sept 7th and I am really worried about the address that I put on application. When I landed here in July 2013, I stayed at address "A" for few days which was my relative's house and then I moved to address "B" which was on the same street just few houses apart. But I never changed my address on any documents like bank and IT returns, employer, etc because I had no access to the mailbox of address B and it was easy for me to collect all mails from address A. Even in the income tax return I put the address A as my home address and mailing address. The only document of address B I have is the bill of Bell internet and one Auto Insurance address change letter.

Now in the application form I truthfully mentioned my addresses where I lived, as advised by some people in this forum. Even the call center agent told me to put the addresses to the best of my knowledge where I actually lived.

Even though for myself I can show the bill and auto policy as the address, my wife would not be able to prove her address as address B as the internet and auto policy was in my name only.

If they check with CRA they will find address A everywhere.

So I am very worried if they ask for proof of address what would I do.
If that comes to happen I would write a letter explaining the whole story and enclosing the whole bunch of proofs for both adresses A and B. But in my opinion, your story is not a big deal unless if you traveled a lot or made mistakes in the application form regarding the entry and exit dates (which triggers RQ). In my opinion, you don't have to worry.

satwant08

Jun 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
June 12, 2010
AOR Received.
September 9, 2010
IELTS Request
IELTS Done
Med's Request
Jan 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 5, 2013, RPRF encashed March 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 14, 2013
LANDED..........
July 13, 2013 at Pearson Airport
If that comes to happen I would write a letter explaining the whole story and enclosing the whole bunch of proofs for both adresses A and B. But in my opinion, your story is not a big deal unless if you traveled a lot or made mistakes in the application form regarding the entry and exit dates (which triggers RQ). In my opinion, you don't have to worry.
Thanks for your reply. So I believe they are more concerned about my residency in Canada rather than where I lived in Canada. Hopefully everything goes well.

Last edited:

omsai_786

Dec 1, 2014
Thanks for your reply. So I believe they are more concerned about my residency in Canada rather than where I lived in Canada. Hopefully everything goes well.
Unless they are suspicious, I don't think they will bother much about addresses.