+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on spousal sponsorship

anuaro

Dec 16, 2014
Hi All,

I am applying for my husband spousal visa. Would like to get some reccomedations if i should apply for inland or outland?

I am interested in inland however, not sure if he can travel to india between the application processing. Please advise.

Thanks

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hi All,

I am applying for my husband spousal visa. Would like to get some reccomedations if i should apply for inland or outland?

I am interested in inland however, not sure if he can travel to india between the application processing. Please advise.

Thanks
The advantage to Inland is that your husband can stay with you in Canada and can apply for a Work Permit so he can work during the process. Problem is if he doesnt get a TRV to travel to India and isnt let back into Canada, his application can be considered abandoned.

On the flip side, you can apply Outland and he can be free to travel as he pleases, but if he stays with you he can only stay as a visitor, and cant work in Canada until the whole application is complete.

Hope this helps your decision!

anuaro

Dec 16, 2014
Thanks...in inland application, he has visitor visa for multiple entries so he can travel back n forth from india...Please correct me if m wrong.

The advantage to Inland is that your husband can stay with you in Canada and can apply for a Work Permit so he can work during the process. Problem is if he doesnt get a TRV to travel to India and isnt let back into Canada, his application can be considered abandoned.

On the flip side, you can apply Outland and he can be free to travel as he pleases, but if he stays with you he can only stay as a visitor, and cant work in Canada until the whole application is complete.

Hope this helps your decision!

anuaro

Dec 16, 2014
If i apply for inland in march and he goes to India for 5 months and comes back when his open work permit gets approved( he has visitor visa to re enter in canada) then would it be right approach?

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
If i apply for inland in march and he goes to India for 5 months and comes back when his open work permit gets approved( he has visitor visa to re enter in canada) then would it be right approach?
You would mostlikely get a rejection. The point of Inland is that you and him are actively living together in Canada during the majority of the application process. Small trips for families or a weekend vacation are fine, but more then a few weeks will raise a ton of suspicion with the immigration officer and get him rejected for violating the terms of the application.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
He needs to live with you in Canada if he filed inland. A "trip" of 5 months is way to long to consider living in Canada.

Reactions: Imjennah and anuaro