Feb 21, 2017
England
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Hi All,

I am an August 2022 applicant, I gave the test in February and never got any status updated for test or anything else after that. Customer care told me that my test is invalidated however; they don’t know the reason for it.

After 6 months of wait, finally, my profile is updated that I need to give test again on 23 August however; an invitation will be received for the same.

My query is when can I expect the invitation? Would there be a fix time for the test? The firs time the test had to be taken any day between the two mentioned dates, this time there is one fixed date for test. So, I assume there would be a fixed time too.

Please suggest what can I expect. Thanks!

pankaj.chhabra

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
England
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Hi All,

I have received the invitation for the test however; I have been asked to take test in person followed by an interview. Could someone please help how is the in person test conducted?

Is it the same as online that is multi choice questions? 20 questions in 30 minutes with 15 to pass. I believe this test is in writing on sheet of paper, is that correct?

Also, what can I expect from the interview? They have asked to get all documents from my application.

I am worried about all this, please help me with any/ all information that you can. Thanks!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All,

I have received the invitation for the test however; I have been asked to take test in person followed by an interview. Could someone please help how is the in person test conducted?

Is it the same as online that is multi choice questions? 20 questions in 30 minutes with 15 to pass. I believe this test is in writing on sheet of paper, is that correct?

Also, what can I expect from the interview? They have asked to get all documents from my application.

I am worried about all this, please help me with any/ all information that you can. Thanks!
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=366&top=5

This should answer your queries.

pankaj.chhabra

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
England
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
This is what is said in the email

"You are receiving this notice because we were unable to accept your test results for the online citizenship test due to unusual activities detected upon reviewing your online test submission. This invitation requests you to attend an interview with a citizenship officer to discuss the reasons for not accepting your test results. You are invited to retake the citizenship knowledge test. The citizenship knowledge test will be administered to you in writing at the date, time and location stipulated above."

Doesn't this mean test would be written and not oral.

Also, I don't know what unusual activity did they detect and what did they mean by it.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

"You are receiving this notice because we were unable to accept your test results for the online citizenship test due to unusual activities detected upon reviewing your online test submission. This invitation requests you to attend an interview with a citizenship officer to discuss the reasons for not accepting your test results. You are invited to retake the citizenship knowledge test. The citizenship knowledge test will be administered to you in writing at the date, time and location stipulated above."

Also, I don't know what unusual activity did they detect and what did they mean by it.
This would normally happen on Microsoft teams where you would take the test with the officer supervising it. I am not sure how it works face to face. You are the first instance of this I am reading after things went online during Covid.

pankaj.chhabra

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
England
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Thanks for your reply. Do you know before covid when tests happened F2F, how were they conducted, on a piece of paper with multi choice questions or on system at IRCC office??

I hope test was multi-choice at that time too.. Any information from pre-covid era would help.

Thanks!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for your reply. Do you know before covid when tests happened F2F, how were they conducted, on a piece of paper with multi choice questions or on system at IRCC office??

I hope test was multi-choice at that time too.. Any information from pre-covid era would help.

Thanks!
Old post - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-test-day.273550/post-4101504
I think the format is similar to online one just that it will be paper based.

@shiremag - Do you have any more inputs?

Jen@2023

Dec 10, 2023
This would normally happen on Microsoft teams where you would take the test with the officer supervising it. I am not sure how it works face to face. You are the first instance of this I am reading after things went online during Covid.

Hi, can you please help me understand as well, so what happened during your interview with Microsoft team? Please let me know as well. Thank you. Very much appreciated for your response.

gotanswers?

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Hi, can you please help me understand as well, so what happened during your interview with Microsoft team? Please let me know as well. Thank you. Very much appreciated for your response.
Looking at the signature, Seems like the OP took written test at the IRCC center followed by the interview.

gotanswers?

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Seems like there is no teams interview

OP's signature
08 Aug 2023 Citizenship retest Scheduled with interview
23 Aug 2023 Citizenship test taken, written at IRCC center
23 Aug 2023 Citizenship interview given at IRCC center

25 Aug 2023 LPP Completed
26 Aug 2023 Oath scheduled for 21 Sept 2023, email awaited

gotanswers?

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Hi there, so he did not undergo interview with the Microsoft team anymore? Sorry I’m being confused
OPs post in another thread

pankaj.chhabra

Star Member

Aug 24, 2023
RESCUE EAGLE said:
Hi ,
I hope your interview went good, plz share ur experience?
Thanks.
Hi,

Thanks for following up, my written citizenship test happened yesterday at Scarborough center, there were around 25-30 other applicants (that means written test has started again). I was nervous but the test was similar to the one given online.

Also, after the test, interview did occur which was mostly documents verification. Result for the test was also given during interview. The lady was nice, she did check the documents and passports. I dont think there was anything weird, it was a normal conversation.

I hope this does help someone because I was nervous before mine.

Thanks!