+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Sorry if the question seems out of place -
Is QSW PR application still paper based? I may have read wrong somewhere that since 2019, there's electronic filing available also.

Paris_m

Apr 1, 2020
Hey everyone. I just got the message that our medical was passed. However, security hasn't still started. Is this normal? Does security usually automatically become "in process" after medical passed or does it stay not started and suddenly changes to passed?
We passed our medical in Dec 2019. However, after 24 month, our security has not yet been started. I really don't know what is going on. This is so ridiculous.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Sorry if the question seems out of place -
Is QSW PR application still paper based? I may have read wrong somewhere that since 2019, there's electronic filing available also.
Not that I know of, and I applied in October 2019 - paper based. The only online application is perhaps that Arrima portal which is for getting the CSQ

Reactions: ncat99 and Immstu

helengu1996

Aug 14, 2018
Hi all,

Like lots people here. I'm at late stage of federal application but still haven't received MR (submitted in November 2018). Unfortunately my work permit is about to expire in a few months and I just received a remote job offer from an Ontario employer.
My question is whether I'm eligible for closed work permit if I live in Quebec but work for an Ontario company. I have a valid CSQ. The new job offer and contract states that I work in Quebec. But the company is in Ontario.
If anyone has similar experience please let me know as this directly affects if i should take the job or not.

Thanks!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi all,

Like lots people here. I'm at late stage of federal application but still haven't received MR (submitted in November 2018). Unfortunately my work permit is about to expire in a few months and I just received a remote job offer from an Ontario employer.
My question is whether I'm eligible for closed work permit if I live in Quebec but work for an Ontario company. I have a valid CSQ. The new job offer and contract states that I work in Quebec. But the company is in Ontario.
If anyone has similar experience please let me know as this directly affects if i should take the job or not.

Thanks!
I don't have similar situation but I can advise you that you are eligible for A 75 cwp according to your job offer and contract. Work location matters not the address of company.

All the best.

Rana H

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
They have asked for UAE police certificate lately and I couldn't been able to bring due to corona and their uae online work. I can't request it online since some of information is not available to submit it online. I have send a file with all documents and evidence that I could get to help them issuing it ( like fingerprints, driving license,.. ) ,.. to my friend their that will represent me but they are telling him it can only be issued online. They told him to go to the ministry of interior. But there no one is letting him go inside and keep telling submit online. I have lived there for around 2 years there from 11 years ago. Anyone knows how to get it in these hard times. And if I didn't been able what will happen if I send them an email explaining what happened. This is soo upsetting