+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Anna3445

Feb 21, 2020
This is Nonsense and it's not true even if they told you that over the phone.
Based on the government website which they update monthly number of PR granted these are the numbers for this year for Quebec Skilled worker (PEQ, REG) :
JAN: 1585
FEB: 1365
MAR: 960
APR: 120
MAY: 350
JUNE: 435
Obviously they're not working in full capacity BUT FOR SURE THEY ARE OPERATING.
AND These numbers are for all the immigration programs in Quebec which they grant PR:
JAN: 3195
FEB: 2810
MAR: 1960
APR: 195
MAY: 1425
JUNE: 1365
How they prioritize the applications is unknown but they're working even during the peak of pandemic.
Source: https://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/f7e5498e-0ad8-4417-85c9-9b8aff9b9eda
Those numbers doesn’t say that the office in Quebec is open . All the application can be Outland Quebec skilled worker under the regular program .

Baha16

Jul 31, 2020
Those numbers doesn’t say that the office in Quebec is open . All the application can be Outland Quebec skilled worker under the regular program .
I know that it doesn't say if they are inland or outland. but if you check the data, they're processing the applications for all the provinces throughout the country and for instance just the number of Canadian express entry class (which most of them are inland applicant) in comparison with FSW (Which mostly outland applicants) for Ontario in June is 4.6k To 1.6k while generally it's the other way around. so it means they actually give inland applicants a priority right now. so I don't see while all the applications for the provinces are being processed why should be Quebec offices be closed. it's just doesn't make sense.

Citizens10

May 6, 2020
There's no "quebec" office. This is the federal stage... I understand this is frustrating and absolutely disrespectful to all of us. They are working at a very slow pace, at most 20% of usual capacity (5months to get a standard one month worth of processing). Borders are still closed and economy isn't fully recovered yet and government still offering unemployment benefits so people stay home away from work. I think things will somehow "magically" be solved after US elections. People have been talking about cic getting back to work in September or late August recently? Hope it's true but don't see hows that accurate when borders are still maintained closed and processing is still at the same rate as these last months. Immigration minister was talking recently about a major meeting November 1st about immigration quotas and policy, maybe that's when they're planning to restart working with full staff.

Df.Set

Apr 26, 2020
There's no "quebec" office. This is the federal stage... I understand this is frustrating and absolutely disrespectful to all of us. They are working at a very slow pace, at most 20% of usual capacity (5months to get a standard one month worth of processing). Borders are still closed and economy isn't fully recovered yet and government still offering unemployment benefits so people stay home away from work. I think things will somehow "magically" be solved after US elections. People have been talking about cic getting back to work in September or late August recently? Hope it's true but don't see hows that accurate when borders are still maintained closed and processing is still at the same rate as these last months. Immigration minister was talking recently about a major meeting November 1st about immigration quotas and policy, maybe that's when they're planning to restart working with full staff.

Depends ! There is quebec office when the papers they getting finished like background checks medicals etc.. then the papers coming back to the region that you are..!
Anyway .. Imagine that i have already applied from june 18 2018 and they saying that we are at the last step...
Passed everything but there is no updates NO DM nothing ... And it has been from january that we haven't any update ... calculate the months ..
is not just frustrating ... And the best part you speaking with agents at the IRCC and they treat you like ..... and the only thing that they say is to put on play the script that they have ... blablabla blablalba convid-19 blablabla ....
ECAS+ Phone system+ Agents+ GMC notes = SAME THING NO UPDATES!
No body cares for the US elections or if the borders are closed .. or anything else!!
We pay taxes ? We did our integration to the quebec society? Did we learn the french ? Did we respect any form of law ?
YES YES YES .. So why all this ???? When the system itself cannot provide services for the inlands applicants how come you are inviting other peoples ? really very disrespectful !!!!

Ps:. coming from a known EU country with good relations with CA

Reactions: PROCT18
Mar 22, 2020
Wow, great!
You're very lucky tho. I called them today and the guy totally denied to even check into my application. He just kept repeating I should stick to whatever is my application status on CIC website.
Wow, that's terrible. Every single time I call them they're always very nice with me.

Anna3445

Feb 21, 2020
I know that it doesn't say if they are inland or outland. but if you check the data, they're processing the applications for all the provinces throughout the country and for instance just the number of Canadian express entry class (which most of them are inland applicant) in comparison with FSW (Which mostly outland applicants) for Ontario in June is 4.6k To 1.6k while generally it's the other way around. so it means they actually give inland applicants a priority right now. so I don't see while all the applications for the provinces are being processed why should be Quebec offices be closed. it's just doesn't make sense.
I am inland from June 2018 and I passed the medical exam November 2019 since then no news.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Depends ! There is quebec office when the papers they getting finished like background checks medicals etc.. then the papers coming back to the region that you are..!
Anyway .. Imagine that i have already applied from june 18 2018 and they saying that we are at the last step...
Passed everything but there is no updates NO DM nothing ... And it has been from january that we haven't any update ... calculate the months ..
is not just frustrating ... And the best part you speaking with agents at the IRCC and they treat you like ..... and the only thing that they say is to put on play the script that they have ... blablabla blablalba convid-19 blablabla ....
ECAS+ Phone system+ Agents+ GMC notes = SAME THING NO UPDATES!
No body cares for the US elections or if the borders are closed .. or anything else!!
We pay taxes ? We did our integration to the quebec society? Did we learn the french ? Did we respect any form of law ?
YES YES YES .. So why all this ???? When the system itself cannot provide services for the inlands applicants how come you are inviting other peoples ? really very disrespectful !!!!

Ps:. coming from a known EU country with good relations with CA
Did you get DM? Did they tell you that you have to wait for the local office to open to finalize the process? I know that the people used to go to René Lévesque which I assume is closed now. If the schools can open I think that the immigration can too.

I totally agree with you, I found all this crap a little bit too much since Quebec gives you a lot of troubles even before the Federal stage. And it's getting even worst after all the changes in the immigration law.

megoman

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am about to submit my Schedule A IMM5669 E application, that i already printed, signed and scanned. I just thought to check with you guys before i click the submission, since you may have more experience than me:

Q:7 - i didn't write any high school details in the last submitted form, so i added high school details and courses after university.
Q:8 - i added my new job that i just started as well as the re-location information (i had to wait about a week to send the up-to-date details)
Q: 12 - i made a little change on some dates of this version ( 2017-11 instead of 2017-12) to be more accurate.

My questions are:

- Do they get confused or do they ask for more details when people do (slight) changes like i did ? (i am trying to avoid any delays, thou trying to be accurate)
- I have also fresh Police clearance certificates but i am not planning to submit them since IRCC did not aske about them in the letter - do you agree with me here ? (at the end of the letter there are instructions on how to submit PCC through "case specific inquiry" if they are requested)
- what usually happens after you respond to "Additional Info required" requests ? do they send you a confirmation with the submission ?
- how long does it take between pre-arrival requests and Medical requests ?

Thanks and good luck

Last edited:

Baha16

Jul 31, 2020
The funny part is throughout pandemic, the average processing time stays on 22 months ( if i'm not wrong it's even came down from 23 few months ago). so i wonder or we are all in this forum are unlucky or there is something's going on.