+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hi, At this point of time, what is the best way to immigrate to Quebec,Canada?

I have a job offer from a Canadian Company in Montreal, Quebec (full-time) which is not validated yet and I am wondering which option is best to immigrate in regards with the time - via temporary work permit or via PR? I heard obtaining PR for Quebec is a very lengthy process and time consuming. So, do you think I should ask my employer for LMIA for getting a temporary work visa and apply for PR after 6 months or should I ask for validated job offer and go for the Quebec PR process.

Any advice will help! Thanks in advance.
> So, do you think I should ask my employer for LMIA for getting a temporary work visa and apply for PR

That is not possible. You cannot apply Express Entry PR route with an LMIA from a Quebec employer, because you will be living and working in Quebec and EE application will get rejected. You should go thru the CSQ + Federal PR paper application route. That route is messy and plagued with delays and Quebec's bureaucracy.

The answer your question is here : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/discuss-alternative-routes-for-csq-inland-applicants.527202/page-4#post-6802504

Last edited:

Amir Rizk

Jul 22, 2017
Hello everyone,
I applied for the federal stage after receiving my csq, now I had a newborn.
I already sent to request for the baby's csq.
But how can I inform the CIC ?
In my account I cant find any means to do that?

Reactions: Schehrazade

Pavani9

Mar 29, 2018
> So, do you think I should ask my employer for LMIA for getting a temporary work visa and apply for PR

That is not possible. You cannot apply Express Entry PR route with an LMIA from a Quebec employer, because you will be living and working in Quebec and EE application will get rejected. You should go thru the CSQ + Federal PR paper application route. That route is messy and plagued with delays and Quebec's bureaucracy.

The answer your question is here : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/discuss-alternative-routes-for-csq-inland-applicants.527202/page-4#post-6802504
Thank you for your reply Cherti! Since the PR process is time consuming, can I apply for temporary work permit at first for a full time position? and then apply for CSQ + Federal PR after 3 months working in Quebec? and how long does the process takes to get a temporary work permit for Quebec?

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Thank you for your reply Cherti! Since the PR process is time consuming, can I apply for temporary work permit at first for a full time position? and then apply for CSQ + Federal PR after 3 months working in Quebec? and how long does the process takes to get a temporary work permit for Quebec?
Yes you can apply temporary permit and then apply CSQ+PR after residing for 3 months.

Because its Quebec, I cannot give an estimate of your time. I got my temp work visa with LMIA in 4 months time.
CSQ + PR with the current situation, you will be having 2+ years. There is a high chance that MIDI will change rules with the introduction of new EOI system. MIDI is not transparent, so we cant predict whether it will be for good or bad.

Reactions: Pavani9

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
I just received my MR a few hrs ago (FINALLY!!!) as well as PR and request for updated application and background declaration forms and PC- All in one request. I was however told not to submit any of the requested docs until the medical is reviewed which is two weeks after receipt of results as stated in the letter.
I was also given 2 weeks to submit medicals and 30 days to submit and fulfill all requirements.
I hope many more MRs will follow.

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
Hello everyone,
I applied for the federal stage after receiving my csq, now I had a newborn.
I already sent to request for the baby's csq.
But how can I inform the CIC ?
In my account I cant find any means to do that?
Link your account to GCKey. Inform CIC by raising case specific enquiry and include a scanned copy of your child’s birth certificate. Also inform them that you have applied for the child’s CSQ and will upload a copy as soon as you receive it. They will then send instructions on how to proceed further and what documents they need from you. Hope this helps.

downcart

Feb 4, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Paris
Med's Request
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
hi

i am new immigrant to Quebec, this is my second month in Montreal.

i applied for the full time french course funded by the government and they put me in the waiting list.

i have some questions about full time french course in Quebec , please try to help me finding a correct answers for them.

1- how frequently they will give me the participation allowance
(the 140$ ) , weekly, monthly, by the end of the course?

2- deos the allowance
will be in cash , cheque , deposit to my bank account number ?

3- should I asked them for the
allowance
or they will give me it automatically ?

4- what about transportation allowance
, I don't have enough information about it ?

I will appreciate your help and correct answers , thanks

Amir Rizk

Jul 22, 2017
Link your account to GCKey. Inform CIC by raising case specific enquiry and include a scanned copy of your child’s birth certificate. Also inform them that you have applied for the child’s CSQ and will upload a copy as soon as you receive it. They will then send instructions on how to proceed further and what documents they need from you. Hope this helps.
it helps alot, thank you

Reactions: Schehrazade

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
it helps alot, thank you
You are most welcome. Congratulations on the birth of your baby and best of luck luck for the future.

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Yes you can apply temporary permit and then apply CSQ+PR after residing for 3 months.

Because its Quebec, I cannot give an estimate of your time. I got my temp work visa with LMIA in 4 months time.
CSQ + PR with the current situation, you will be having 2+ years. There is a high chance that MIDI will change rules with the introduction of new EOI system. MIDI is not transparent, so we cant predict whether it will be for good or bad.
Hi Cherti,

Were you able to get ITA in EE during last draw ?

limi

Apr 19, 2016
I just received my MR a few hrs ago (FINALLY!!!) as well as PR and request for updated application and background declaration forms and PC- All in one request. I was however told not to submit any of the requested docs until the medical is reviewed which is two weeks after receipt of results as stated in the letter.
I was also given 2 weeks to submit medicals and 30 days to submit and fulfill all requirements.
I hope many more MRs will follow.
Visa office???

Reactions: orichy

rickdecakrd

Feb 26, 2018
Hi people,
Just got my CSQ yesterday and I'm about to send the PR application from inside Canada.
My passport is good, but my national ID card expires on august. I'm wondering that by the time they process the application the ID will have expired and they will refuse my application. Anyone knows something about this?
Thanks!

chill_chill

Mar 7, 2018
Hi people,
Just got my CSQ yesterday and I'm about to send the PR application from inside Canada.
My passport is good, but my national ID card expires on august. I'm wondering that by the time they process the application the ID will have expired and they will refuse my application. Anyone knows something about this?
Thanks!
They only need your valid passport, national ID it's recognized in general only in your home country.

Mansev

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Visa Office......
nova scotia
good morning friends,
my time line fedral aug 2017
AOR nov 2017
start processing 29 march 2018 finally
now they request for RPRF and full licence history
what is full licence history ?
i am Indian applicant currently living in Melbourne