+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

strider07

Sep 29, 2017
1. Yes as per i know MIDI needs to be updated if there is any change in applicants family status ... Others please chime in if they have any different info/opinion ?
2. Looking at current delays in overall Quebec process ( i am not sure on your federal timelines) and other delays which you might face due to changed family status in Quebec and federal stage , i can say you should initiate your spouse EE it will be way faster .
3.green & spiegel are one of the best in Canada , they are Toronto based but i am sure they will be handling family sponsorship ..

Good luck ...
Thanks for your response!
Is there anyone else here who had to update their family status after they obtained their CSQ?!

Kumarjit

Oct 1, 2017
Hi All,

I am writing here first time and want your inputs regarding federal stage.

After CSQ, My fed application applied in Dec 2016, Medical report sent and acknowledged, PR Fee has been deposited in May 2017.....Do we have any idea how long they can take now as there is NO response after that stage....and what would be next stage.

Thanks

Reactions: michael_vu

michael_vu

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Inland
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
25-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-04-2017
Hi All,

I am writing here first time and want your inputs regarding federal stage.

After CSQ, My fed application applied in Dec 2016, Medical report sent and acknowledged, PR Fee has been deposited in May 2017.....Do we have any idea how long they can take now as there is NO response after that stage....and what would be next stage.

Thanks
You can find some info https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11kdzo2tA_6HiILyuHtDsYtVajswDvHYTUiEFlFM1b28/edit#gid=736440819

Last edited:

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Happy day, I've received my work permit extension! So I'm out of implied status misery! Now I'm waiting for GCMS notes for my PR, I sent the request on August 30th...:rolleyes: Like someone said earlier, CSQ holders have the privilege to wait :D

MTL2MTL

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy day, I've received my work permit extension! So I'm out of implied status misery! Now I'm waiting for GCMS notes for my PR, I sent the request on August 30th...:rolleyes: Like someone said earlier, CSQ holders have the privilege to wait :D
Hey congrats on your work permit.
I had mine approved too Friday , but not received by mail yet.

Was yours open by any chance or closed wp?

Thanks.

Reactions: sunnymks

Racing

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
In land
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
11-03-2017
Med's Done....
13-03-2017 (Medial passed on 30-03-17)
Passport Req..
DM on 22-Dec-17. PPR received on 03-Jan-18
VISA ISSUED...
Received CoPR & Visa by end of Jan-2018
LANDED..........
Landed end of Jan-2018, Received PR card around mid of March-2018
Congrats!

Did you received open work permit with CSQ, or extended your work permit with your current employer? Please provide some details on your work permit extension, i may have to apply for open work permit later this month if i am not getting DM soon.

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
@MTL2MTL and @Racing, my work permit was an extension to the same employer. I did not even try for open work permit because at the time of application all the information that I had allowed me to understand that as a CSQ holder with a pending PR, I would not be eligible for an open work permit. I was lucky to have an offer from my current boss so I could apply for an extension - and still wait a good 3 months for it... I never fully understood why CSQ holders are only eligible for employer-specific work permits, and not even province-wide open permit...

JL-HN

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
MONTREAL
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
@MTL2MTL and @Racing, my work permit was an extension to the same employer. I did not even try for open work permit because at the time of application all the information that I had allowed me to understand that as a CSQ holder with a pending PR, I would not be eligible for an open work permit. I was lucky to have an offer from my current boss so I could apply for an extension - and still wait a good 3 months for it... I never fully understood why CSQ holders are only eligible for employer-specific work permits, and not even province-wide open permit...
I have the province-wide Open Work Permit extension :p

Racing

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
In land
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
11-03-2017
Med's Done....
13-03-2017 (Medial passed on 30-03-17)
Passport Req..
DM on 22-Dec-17. PPR received on 03-Jan-18
VISA ISSUED...
Received CoPR & Visa by end of Jan-2018
LANDED..........
Landed end of Jan-2018, Received PR card around mid of March-2018
@JL-HN, please let me know the process you followed to apply for open work permit with CSQ, i am inland applicant.

JL-HN

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
MONTREAL
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
I followed the instructions provided by one of our posters here at this thread and also the information at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/bridge-work-permit.458412/ to successfully extend my WP!!!
Hmm... I feel like this is so random and dependent on the officer that will process your application. It is not clear at all that we are eligible for open work permits or bridging permits, all the instructions are a bunch of interpretations from applicants, and then further interpretations done by officers... But I'm happy for you that you've succeeded in this! Luckily I could extend with my current employer so I didn't have to go into that jungle of trial and error... It would never have occurred to me, for example, to not provide the job offer if it is being asked :O
Sometimes I really wonder, this country with long long roots in immigration... that how random these processes seem. You don't need a well-made application, just a sprinkle of luck seems to get you further!!

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
All,

I know that we have not seen much movement in Sept. Just wanted to let everyone know that CIC is still working on applications. @sufgan ( AOR: 2nd Oct 2016) received a message from CIC on 2nd Oct to re-submit schedule-A. Not exactly the information we all are waiting for but still wanted to share.......

Last edited:

chirag.dedania

Sep 16, 2016
Ahmedabad, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
ASAP
Hi Everyone,

Please, find my timeline below:

Applied for CSQ : Apr-2014
Received CSQ : Aug-2016
Federal applied: Oct-2016
UCI : Feb-2017
RPRF : upfront with federal application
Medical : Nov-2017
PPR : waiting

Now, I want to include my spouse to my application. I have few concerns regarding my application.

Please, find my situation below:

- I have a marriage certificate for the date of 14-02-2017

Situation:

After applying to federal (CIC) in Oct-2016 as a single, I married to my wife in Feb-2017 (arrange marriage).

I have not yet updated CIC about my marital status change.

1) Should I inform CIC about my marital status change and include my wife in current application?

- Can they cancel my CSQ if they points for me and my wife do not match existing CSQ criteria?
( My degree: B.E. in Information Technology
My work exp.: 6 years as senior software Engineer
My spouse degree: M.E. in Computer Engineering)

- How much time it may take to add my wife to current application (for CSQ + federal) ?

- Should I update my passport by adding spouse name in it or it will work without updating it ?

2) Should I add my spouse as a non-accompanying in the current application and sponsor her after landing ?

3) Should I land to Canada without informing CIC about marital status changes and then I need to do re-marry her and update marriage certificate date?

- If I don't inform them about marital status change and later if they found that I was already married at the time of Landing then they may deny my spouse for the lifetime and may cancel my PR ?

- What are the other consequences for that ?

Please, suggest me the best possible way to overcome from this situation.

Thanks in advance.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
All,

I know that we have not seen much movement in Sept. Just wanted to let everyone know that CIC is still working on applications. @sufgan ( AOR: 2nd Oct 2016) received a message from CIC on 2nd Oct to re-submit schedule-A. Not exactly the information we all are waiting for but still wanted to share.......
It looks they are just buying time ...the complete program looks to be at standstill ...