+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ermal

Sep 29, 2017
Hi there,
we have applied for PR visa in Rome in VO of Rome and our file is in process since August 2016 .
We have completed medical exam on July 2016.
We have send additional documents visa office have requested on August 2016.
Is anyone on same situation ?

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
On September14,I received a reminder mail for rprf from Sydney cio.
I called cic, cic told me that my file was still Sydney cio. I am inland. My uci was received on April 12, 2017. Does anyone have the same situation?
More than 5 months after AOR and file still at the CIO? . One cannot really understand how these guys operate. So this means if you received the bulk email from CIO asking you to update file, pay fees send PCC even when u have done so , then that may mean your file is still at CIO

Reactions: sherry2008

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
More than 5 months after AOR and file still at the CIO? . One cannot really understand how these guys operate. So this means if you received the bulk email from CIO asking you to update file, pay fees send PCC even when u have done so , then that may mean your file is still at CIO
It depends on workload file can be initially processed at CIO and then later transferred to relevant VO -for in-land its Ottawa..

sherry2008

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
It depends on workload file can be initially processed at CIO and then later transferred to relevant VO -for in-land its Ottawa..
Thank you! Only waiting!

After received the bulk emali from the cio,I paid fees.And yesterday cic sent confirmation mail to me:

UN MESSAGE EN FRANÇAIS SUIVRA

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of your document. We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

· Download application forms and guides

· Change of address

· Check your application status

· Help Centre

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

JL-HN

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
MONTREAL
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Thanks bro for your help. Please see the following link about the change of visitor permit to work permit..

Please check the "Eligibility requirements if you apply from inside Canada" at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible.asp

You can only apply for a work permit from inside Canada if you:
  • have a temporary resident permit that is valid for six months or more,
  • have applied or been included in an application for permanent residence from inside Canada (you will have to pass certain stages in the main application process to be eligible for a work permit),
Or you can do a quick simple Eligibility Check at http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp to see if you're eligible?

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
This is normal. My file reached Sydney on 12th Oct and transfer to Ottawa was initiated on 4th Mar ( a week shy of 6 months).

ahmedabouelmagd

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
inland
Category........
QSW
Thanks bro for your help. Please see the following link about the change of visitor permit to work permit..

@Amir-IR,
I think we all fall under the same type now which is the third one:
  • you are in Canada because you have already applied for permanent residence from inside Canada. You will have to pass certain stages in the main application process before you can be eligible for a work permit.
Personally, I got a new offer from a company, if what your university said for your is true, that you can work under implied status while you on visitor visa, so I can do it also. What I will do is that I will call the IRCC, if they say yes I can work while I'm on implied status, so I will start working.
Let's see what they will say.

Amir-IR

Jun 6, 2017
Please check the "Eligibility requirements if you apply from inside Canada" at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible.asp

You can only apply for a work permit from inside Canada if you:
  • have a temporary resident permit that is valid for six months or more,
  • have applied or been included in an application for permanent residence from inside Canada (you will have to pass certain stages in the main application process to be eligible for a work permit),
Or you can do a quick simple Eligibility Check at http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp to see if you're eligible?
Thanks a lot for sending very helpful links. I highly appreciate it.

I have a question:
Am I "Visitor" or under "temporary resident permit"?
When checking the eligibility:

1- If I choose "visitor", I am not eligible to apply work permit through online system.
2- If I select "temporary resident permit", I am eligible to apply via online procedure.

Just now, On my CIC page, the status of my permanent resident application was changed from "submitted" to "updated" and 10 min later changed to "Your Action Is Required" and No email. The interesting point is that:

Review of medical results changed from "passed" to "If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you".

Any idea what is happening?
Cheers,
Amir

Amir-IR

Jun 6, 2017
@Amir-IR,
I think we all fall under the same type now which is the third one:
  • you are in Canada because you have already applied for permanent residence from inside Canada. You will have to pass certain stages in the main application process before you can be eligible for a work permit.
Personally, I got a new offer from a company, if what your university said for your is true, that you can work under implied status while you on visitor visa, so I can do it also. What I will do is that I will call the IRCC, if they say yes I can work while I'm on implied status, so I will start working.
Let's see what they will say.
Hi Ahmed,

Are you under visitor permit in Canada or work permit? If you are under visitor permit, we are in the same boat.
I believe working under implied status is highly dependent on your company and HR system. I remember, the previous university did not allow me to work until I received the hard copy.

Good luck,
Amir

Reactions: ahmedabouelmagd

sherry2008

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Thanks a lot for sending very helpful links. I highly appreciate it.

I have a question:
Am I "Visitor" or under "temporary resident permit"?
When checking the eligibility:

1- If I choose "visitor", I am not eligible to apply work permit through online system.
2- If I select "temporary resident permit", I am eligible to apply via online procedure.

Just now, On my CIC page, the status of my permanent resident application was changed from "submitted" to "updated" and 10 min later changed to "Your Action Is Required" and No email. The interesting point is that:

Review of medical results changed from "passed" to "If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you".

Any idea what is happening?
Cheers,
Amir
1 Hi! Temporary resident permit is issued foreign national that is inadmissible or does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act .It is special permit.So you should be visitor.

2 The status of pr application changed maybe a good thing. It indicated a officer worked on your case! Good luck!

Last edited:

Amir-IR

Jun 6, 2017
1 Hi! Temporary resident permit is issued foreign national that is inadmissible or does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act .It is special permit.So you should be visitor.

2 The status of pr application changed maybe a good thing. It indicated a officer worked on your case! Good luck!
Hi Sherry,
Thanks a lot for your response.

quebec_mon14

Sep 13, 2017
Hi there,
I need to submit Canadian police certificate as requested by the visa office (Sydney). In the request letter, they said that I can use IRCC Web form to submit it online or send it to the address of the visa office.
I would like to ask the experience of you guys here. Did you scan and submit it online? Or you send the original paper to their address? Or you did both methods?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi there,
I need to submit Canadian police certificate as requested by the visa office (Sydney). In the request letter, they said that I can use IRCC Web form to submit it online or send it to the address of the visa office.
I would like to ask the experience of you guys here. Did you scan and submit it online? Or you send the original paper to their address? Or you did both methods?
I prefer to do both. Upload document online and then send it via mail as backup for just in case.

Please post your timelines in spreadsheet in my signature.

ahmedabouelmagd

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
inland
Category........
QSW
Hi Ahmed,

Are you under visitor permit in Canada or work permit? If you are under visitor permit, we are in the same boat.
I believe working under implied status is highly dependent on your company and HR system. I remember, the previous university did not allow me to work until I received the hard copy.

Good luck,
Amir

Hi @Amir-IR,
Yes, we in same boat, I was on work permit till Aug 21st, then I had to apply for visitor extension because the IRCC officer refused my extension for the work permit for no reason, so I applied for visitor starting from Aug 22nd.

Now, I have an offer in my hand, I will try to apply online, but as you said there is something strange and this option is not appearing to me and they say you are not allowed to apply online.

Another point for the implied status as you mentioned it is completely up to your employer.........but on the other hand.....It is stated clearly in the CIC that you are not allowed to work under implied status if you changing the category or the employer, but only if you make extension with same employer doing same job and same duties.....Changing the category with same employer even is not acceptable :(
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=188&top=17
if you applied for another work permit
  • You must stay in Canada and meet the conditions of your original work permit. If you applied for a work permit extension before your work permit expired, you can keep working under the same conditions as your existing permit until CIC decides on your application unless you have applied to extend your stay under another category.
If you applied for a different kind of permit
  • You cannot do any of the activities allowed by the original work permit. For example, you may have come to Canada as a worker and then applied for a study permit. If so, you must stop working once your work permit expires. After that, you cannot work or study until you get a new permit.

There is another thing I faced when I was trying to tell my university that I can still work while I'm on implied status....but they responded by saying that my SIN is already expired and they can't send money to an expired SIN.....this is another point you have to check it......I tried that in two different places .....The first place was my university.....the second place was a company....I just gave them then SIN, and they check it by themselves and told me it is already expired.

There is another trick I was thinking to do it, but I dont know if it can work or not.........I was thinking to cancel my application for visitor extension and replace it with another application for work extension.
It should work for the following reasons:
1- I still within the 90 days of restoration, so I will pay the restoration fee thats all.
2- I can refund my visitor application fee as they still have long time to be processed.
3- in this case they will consider my last status was expired work permit not a visitor visa

It is risky.......but worthy to try.

Update----------I filled up the questionnaire at the CIC as I told you, I entered that my work permit expired in August and I have written offer......it gives me the option to apply for work permit with restoration fees ..........

Last edited: