Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
kingston, Jamaica
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Forum,

We received a letter stating that my husband met the provincial requirements to be a permanent resident. My question is are we suppose to bring that letter to the embassy that is processing my husbands permanent residency application or is it not necessary. When we received the documents there was no letter stating to do so, but there are two copies of the letter one for our file, and at the bottom of the other letter it Government of Canada's copie is that if they request it. Anybody familiar with Quebec, pls help.

Thanks again,

O.

Reflectoman

Jan 4, 2013
Laval
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
(Stage 1 + Stage 2)=23 months
In our letter it stated that they had already sent it in to the embassy. We found out when we got the PPR that they hadn't so we had to send it in ourselves to the embassy together with the passport. I'd suggest sending a copy of it to the embassy with your file number, and explaining that you just got it and to attach it to your file, etc. this way if they don't get it from the qc gov't then at least a copy is on file, and they can ask for the original later on if needed.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

You do not need to send it to the visa office after your undertaking has been approved.
Look below.

Undertaking approved
If your undertaking application is approved, you will receive a letter in the mail confirming its
acceptance, a copy of the approved application, and an envelope containing the Québec
Selection Certificate which you must send to the person you are sponsoring.
The decision of the MICC will be sent directly to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office
that is handling the application for permanent resident status of the person you are sponsoring.
Thanks,
Mickey

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just applied for a sponsorship of my spouse .
Below are my details.

App receieved by CIC: 22 Feb 2013
AOR email : Mar 07 2013.

How long does it take for Sponsorship approval as I am from Quebec and sponsoring my spouse to Quebec?
How long does Quebec Immigration take to process the application?

What are the documents to be sent to Quebec immigration along with the letter from CIC.
Your responses are highly appreciated.

Merci,
Mickey

Reflectoman

Jan 4, 2013
Laval
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
mickeyindia said:
Hi,

You do not need to send it to the visa office after your undertaking has been approved.
Look below.

Thanks,
Mickey
you are right, you shouldn't have to. Our letter stated that it was sent by MICC to the embassy directly too. However near the end the embassy inquired about it, since they never got it from the MICC. that's why i say send a scanned copy just to make sure that they know it has already been approved by the MICC.

sponsorship approval timeline is currently about one months' time as per the cic website, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp. MICC approval is about another month after that, but it happens at the same time as your file is transferred from missisauga to your vo office. the forms needed for MICC can be found here, http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/apply/undertaking-application/index.html and a copy of the letter of your sponsorship approval needs to be included with your request.

best of luck!

PS: MICC requires a payment of $266 for the principal applicant, and $107 for each additional covered by the form.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reflectoman said:
you are right, you shouldn't have to. Our letter stated that it was sent by MICC to the embassy directly too. However near the end the embassy inquired about it, since they never got it from the MICC. that's why i say send a scanned copy just to make sure that they know it has already been approved by the MICC.

sponsorship approval timeline is currently about one months' time as per the cic website, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp. MICC approval is about another month after that, but it happens at the same time as your file is transferred from missisauga to your vo office. the forms needed for MICC can be found here, http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/apply/undertaking-application/index.html and a copy of the letter of your sponsorship approval needs to be included with your request.

best of luck!

PS: MICC requires a payment of $266 for the principal applicant, and $107 for each additional covered by the form.
hey thanks for your quick note.
When you mention scanned copy of CSQ, did you send it via email to the VO or by mail?
Yes i am getting closer to getting documents for CSQ.
Apart from the ones mentioned in the quebec checklist is it advisable to send any other document that would help them process faster. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mickey

cocomtl

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
kingston, Jamaica
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reflectoman said:
In our letter it stated that they had already sent it in to the embassy. We found out when we got the PPR that they hadn't so we had to send it in ourselves to the embassy together with the passport. I'd suggest sending a copy of it to the embassy with your file number, and explaining that you just got it and to attach it to your file, etc. this way if they don't get it from the qc gov't then at least a copy is on file, and they can ask for the original later on if needed.
How long do you figure it will take to complete the permanent residency now that Quebec has approved.

Thanks again

cocomtl

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
kingston, Jamaica
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mickeyindia said:
Below are my details.

How long does it take for Sponsorship approval as I am from Quebec and sponsoring my spouse to Quebec?

What are the documents to be sent to Quebec immigration along with the letter from CIC.

Merci,
Mickey
As for us I didnt take very long for the Quebec application to go through maybe two months. In our application we had to enclose the application, fee of $266.00 for one , proof of residence so either a lease aggrement or in our case a letter, a copie of sponsorer and sponsored persons passport, letter from Immigration Canada inviting you to continue your application and ya thats pretty much it heres in the link for the document checklist some forms require 2 copies and to be done in french.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/sponsorship/checklist.pdf

Check it out, im here if you need me.

cocomtl

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
kingston, Jamaica
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good question can we email the scanned copie ?? I sent them an email (Kingston ) asking them I if should send it or not. But for our case you have and idea of how much longer it will take Canada to finalize this?

Thanks

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cocomtl said:
As for us I didnt take very long for the Quebec application to go through maybe two months. In our application we had to enclose the application, fee of $266.00 for one , proof of residence so either a lease aggrement or in our case a letter, a copie of sponsorer and sponsored persons passport, letter from Immigration Canada inviting you to continue your application and ya thats pretty much it heres in the link for the document checklist some forms require 2 copies and to be done in french.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/sponsorship/checklist.pdf

Check it out, im here if you need me.
Thanks for the heads up.I would not have given importance to the 2 copies of the sponsor form. I would have just sent once.
You made my eyes open.

Thank you very much and good luck with your process.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cocomtl said:
Ya man always double check it even a triple check the document check list.
Yes sure .I will. Thanks a ton buddie.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
according to the Declaration of Client Service, the CSQ stage takes only 20days. u can google Declaration of Client Service by MICC to see it
mickeyindia said:
Below are my details.

Merci,
Mickey

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egrace62 said:
according to the Declaration of Client Service, the CSQ stage takes only 20days. u can google Declaration of Client Service by MICC to see it
Thanks mate.

Reflectoman

Jan 4, 2013
Laval
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
mickeyindia said:
hey thanks for your quick note.
When you mention scanned copy of CSQ, did you send it via email to the VO or by mail?
Yes i am getting closer to getting documents for CSQ.
Apart from the ones mentioned in the quebec checklist is it advisable to send any other document that would help them process faster. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mickey
we didn't send it cause the letter said that they already did, it was only afterwards that the VO advised us that he never got it so we sent it to him. I'd suggest an email with the attachment should suffice. remember, that the micc SHOULD be sending it themselves, but I am suggesting this only as a precaution in case whatever happened to the copy that the MICC sent to my VO happens to you too, lol. this way the VO has it on file that it has been issued, and has a copy of it.

this doesn't slow down your sponsorship process as long as its done before the VO is ready to make his final decision. In most cases i've seen (islamabad and new delhi) if they didn't have it they just asked the applicant to send it to them directly. my timeline for MICC took about 1 month, i think, so its best to start it right after the sponsorship approval and get it over with, and there are no VOs that have timelines as small as that, so this doesn't slow it down it runs in parallel.