+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Permanent Residency

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reflectoman said:
we didn't send it cause the letter said that they already did, it was only afterwards that the VO advised us that he never got it so we sent it to him. I'd suggest an email with the attachment should suffice. remember, that the micc SHOULD be sending it themselves, but I am suggesting this only as a precaution in case whatever happened to the copy that the MICC sent to my VO happens to you too, lol. this way the VO has it on file that it has been issued, and has a copy of it.

this doesn't slow down your sponsorship process as long as its done before the VO is ready to make his final decision. In most cases i've seen (islamabad and new delhi) if they didn't have it they just asked the applicant to send it to them directly. my timeline for MICC took about 1 month, i think, so its best to start it right after the sponsorship approval and get it over with, and there are no VOs that have timelines as small as that, so this doesn't slow it down it runs in parallel.
Thanks buddy.
The really looks like a way to go. Sending them an email with scanned copy of CSQ will not harm us anytime. Infact it could only help us.

Good luck with your file.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
We received our CSQ late last month. Of course, MICC states that they sent it to CIC. But you're saying I still may want to send CIC a copy? And that I can email it? If so, how do I find an email address? Thanks!

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QuebecOkie said:
We received our CSQ late last month. Of course, MICC states that they sent it to CIC. But you're saying I still may want to send CIC a copy? And that I can email it? If so, how do I find an email address? Thanks!
Hi,

It was one of the forum member who got email from their VO stating they did not receive their CSQ. So the member had to scan a copy and email to the VO for processing.
In most of the cases your CSQ from MICC will reach your VO.
So do not worry about this. Just in case if you choose to send you may go ahead and send a scanned copy.

Find the email address of your VO in their contact page.

Thanks,
Mickey

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I applied inland and haven't been able to find an email address for the Vegreville office. Oh well. I'll just put this on the long list of stuff I'm telling myself (with limited success!) not to stress about.

Reflectoman

Jan 4, 2013
Laval
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
(Stage 1 + Stage 2)=23 months
this thread (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/was-this-my-passport-request-filed-being-moved-to-ottawa-t137436.0.html;msg2126806#msg2126806) isn't related to this question, but it also shows another micc applicant whose csq certificate wasn't sent to the VO by micc. :p

look up the email address of your visa office here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp and then send them a polite email with your file number and stating that you have received your csq certificate and that a copy of it is attached. at the same time, politely, ask them for an update on your file. don't email them too often, they do take upto 15 days to respond, so give them time to respond depending on their current load at the visa office. they may not always respond to the attachment, but if you ask for a status at the same time they may let you know that it is in queue, or if they are waiting for something, etc. (no guarantee but its worth a shot).

Privacy Coordinator
Permanent Residence Applications
6212 55th Avenue
Vegreville, Alberta T9C 1W5
Telephone: 780-632-8073
Facsimile: 780-603-2693

I am not sure if this will work but this contact is what I got from the web.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Thanks for the info! So, despite having applied to Vegreville, I'd email Ottawa?

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QuebecOkie said:
I applied inland and haven't been able to find an email address for the Vegreville office. Oh well. I'll just put this on the long list of stuff I'm telling myself (with limited success!) not to stress about.
If its inland application, you can always contact call centre and check if they got your CSQ.As simple as that

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

So i have application to CSQ today after CIC approved sponsor on friday.
As per their website it says 20 business days? What is the practical time taken by MICC to process a CSQ?

Anyone has idea if MICC will send acknowledgement with file number etc.. once they receieved?

I sent with tracking parcel so i can track once they receive it. Also i have filled the fee form with my credit card details with amount filled.
I know i can check a transaction on my credit card. but jus curious to know if they will send any acknowledgement before.

Thanks

Reflectoman

Jan 4, 2013
Laval
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
(Stage 1 + Stage 2)=23 months
mickeyindia said:
Hey guys,

So i have application to CSQ today after CIC approved sponsor on friday.
As per their website it says 20 business days? What is the practical time taken by MICC to process a CSQ?

Anyone has idea if MICC will send acknowledgement with file number etc.. once they receieved?

I sent with tracking parcel so i can track once they receive it. Also i have filled the fee form with my credit card details with amount filled.
I know i can check a transaction on my credit card. but jus curious to know if they will send any acknowledgement before.

Thanks
no acknowledgement, just confirmation about a month or so later.