+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!!

canada88

Oct 19, 2014
Hello Guys

I want to submit INFORMATION REQUEST or ACT OF PRIVACY. Do they cause a delay on the process on my PR application?

Thank you all

spacewave4

Nov 25, 2013
Hello Guys,

I really appreciate your help every time and answering my questions,

Well! to memorize you, I just finished my master's in a french university in Montreal and before finishing it I applied for a PhD. This session (winter) is the last one for my master's and the 1st one in the PhD. I decided to quiet the PhD for applying for the immigration, I applied for the PEQ and sent them all the documents. They answered me back by requesting a missed document, which is an original letter confirming the cancellation of the PhD. The university issued me a letter confirming that i am registered this session in a PhD program and that the deadline to abandon the courses is already passed also indicating the my cancellation for my PhD program will be in effect from the next session (summer 2015). Actually the winter session will end in mid April.

So my questions are : 1 - Do you think that this letter will be sufficient for the officer? or they might wait till the next session to make sure I didn't
register (actually the registration period for the summer session already passed)?
2- Sending me that they need this document only , means that my application is complete and once they get this document
the CSQ will be issued?

Thanks in advance
Regards

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
July 02, 2014 App. Received..: July 07, 2014
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014 Med's Received: October 16, 2014 In Process.......: May 26, 2015 Decision Made..: May 30, 2015
Passport Req..
July 03, 2015 (sent July 04, received July 07)
VISA ISSUED...
July 08, 2015 (received pp back: July 15)
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
spacewave4 said:
Hello Guys,

I really appreciate your help every time and answering my questions,

Well! to memorize you, I just finished my master's in a french university in Montreal and before finishing it I applied for a PhD. This session (winter) is the last one for my master's and the 1st one in the PhD. I decided to quiet the PhD for applying for the immigration, I applied for the PEQ and sent them all the documents. They answered me back by requesting a missed document, which is an original letter confirming the cancellation of the PhD. The university issued me a letter confirming that i am registered this session in a PhD program and that the deadline to abandon the courses is already passed also indicating the my cancellation for my PhD program will be in effect from the next session (summer 2015). Actually the winter session will end in mid April.

So my questions are : 1 - Do you think that this letter will be sufficient for the officer? or they might wait till the next session to make sure I didn't
register (actually the registration period for the summer session already passed)?
2- Sending me that they need this document only , means that my application is complete and once they get this document
the CSQ will be issued?

Thanks in advance
Regards
1- When did they send you the request for the letter? Did they tell you how long you have to provide it to them? It might be more safe to provide them with a letter the confirms that you are NOT a student. If you show them that you are still registered for this semester, they might think that you are trying to pull some trick on them or to deceive them. So my opinion is that --although it says that your PhD cancellation will be in effect starting the summer semester-- this letter might be problematic. Immigration officers sometimes can be very picky, and they might refuse your application for any reason (even if it's not really the case!). And they might also accept the letter. No one knows, and it really depends on the immigration officer... And whether he's feeling in a good mood when he receives your letter! :p

2- Most probably yes. (assuming of course, that the letter that you give them will satisfy them!)

All the best!!

ps2qft

Aug 4, 2014
Hi everyone,

I was requested to pay my RPRF this morning.

My updated timeline:

My timeline is as follows, for anyone interested:

App arrived in Sydney: 2014-05-14
AoR: 2014-07-16
Med request: 2014-09-12
Meds completed: 2014-09-18
Meds received: 2014-10-14
RPRF request: 2015-03-23 (paid same day)

Best of luck to all!

MidoRafa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
ps2qft said:
Hi everyone,

I was requested to pay my RPRF this morning.

My updated timeline:

My timeline is as follows, for anyone interested:

App arrived in Sydney: 2014-05-14
AoR: 2014-07-16
Med request: 2014-09-12
Meds completed: 2014-09-18
Meds received: 2014-10-14
RPRF request: 2015-03-23 (paid same day)

Best of luck to all!
Woohoo! That's great news. Thanks for sharing.
Here's hoping for a swift passport request!

spacewave4

Nov 25, 2013
jad_montreal said:
1- When did they send you the request for the letter? Did they tell you how long you have to provide it to them? It might be more safe to provide them with a letter the confirms that you are NOT a student. If you show them that you are still registered for this semester, they might think that you are trying to pull some trick on them or to deceive them. So my opinion is that --although it says that your PhD cancellation will be in effect starting the summer semester-- this letter might be problematic. Immigration officers sometimes can be very picky, and they might refuse your application for any reason (even if it's not really the case!). And they might also accept the letter. No one knows, and it really depends on the immigration officer... And whether he's feeling in a good mood when he receives your letter! :p

2- Most probably yes. (assuming of course, that the letter that you give them will satisfy them!)

All the best!!
Thanks Jad,
they asked me to send them the documents by the end of april, but I was so worried that I could miss this deadline while waiting the end of this session and get the letter for them.
Actually I thought that in the worst case, the immigration officier will ask me to wait till the end of this session (mid april) and send him another letter confirming the cancellation :/ (specially that this session is the last session of my master's as well!)

Regards,

berengena

Aug 26, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have a Post-Graduate 3 year work permit that expires in July 2016. I received it after completing a 2-year Master's Degree in British Columbia.I have been living and working full time in Montreal for over a year.

I applied three weeks ago to the CSQ under the PEQ (Skilled worker) and already received the approval letter!

Now I'm gathering the documents needed to apply to the Canadian PR.

I'm somewhat confused about under what program to apply, the Express Entry programa states that people who intend to live in Quebec cannot apply.

Is it only under the Quebec-selected skilled workers program that I need to apply?

peace,

Nicolas

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
Yes. Québec has not changed to EE yet. You apply under the QSW program. No EE profile required. ;)

s2t2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Maybe someone is interested, I got my Medical request email today, March 24th.
Sent my app back in beginning of November 2014, got file number on March 4th.

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
You should enter your stats into the QSW progress tracker! :)

s2t2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Yes, good idea. I searched for the list and updated there.
Apparently I'm not allowed to post links for some reason, so can't post the link to the spreadsheet here.

planazur

Aug 19, 2012
Hello

I would like to get your opinion about my case from your experience

Im in Canada since Oct 2014 as TFW and my work permit is still valid until Sep 2016 so i thought about applying for Quebec skilled worker program :

- I did my IELTS and i got Advanced level
- I did as well my speaking French test TEFAQ and i got C2 and i just did as well my listening test and waiting for result
- I got a job offer from a hotel in Quebec as front desk agent the hotel already advertised the job in 3 websites for a month and now needs to be validated but the hotel is asking me if i can join them after i get my CSQ on close work permit in Quebec or they have to wait all the PR process for sure if they have to wait year and more they cant so i called the immigration and they told me since im already in Canada if i have CSQ and job offer and i can move to quebec and work with that hotel only and waiting for my PR any body had similar case where the employer is not willing to wait ?

How long the job offer will take to be validated and with job offer how long CSQ usually take ?

and i heard that its hard to validate job offer for front desk taking into the consideration i have degree of hotel management and i have 5 years experience in hotels before plus i speak both english and French.

Please share with me your experience

Thank you

Best regards

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
July 02, 2014 App. Received..: July 07, 2014
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014 Med's Received: October 16, 2014 In Process.......: May 26, 2015 Decision Made..: May 30, 2015
Passport Req..
July 03, 2015 (sent July 04, received July 07)
VISA ISSUED...
July 08, 2015 (received pp back: July 15)
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
spacewave4 said:
Thanks Jad,
they asked me to send them the documents by the end of april, but I was so worried that I could miss this deadline while waiting the end of this session and get the letter for them.
Actually I thought that in the worst case, the immigration officier will ask me to wait till the end of this session (mid april) and send him another letter confirming the cancellation :/ (specially that this session is the last session of my master's as well!)

Regards,
You can drop the letter yourself to their office in downtown, so if you can get a "better" letter after mid-april, it might be better to wait. If you drop the letter yourself in mid-april, I think you should be okay on time. If however, the letter will only change when the summer session starts which will show that you're no longer a student (that is, if after the winter session is over in mid-april, the letter is still the same as now), then I think there's no need to wait.

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.