+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!!

spacewave4

Nov 25, 2013
Hi guys i have a question,

Now i will submit my federal application within 2 weeks. I found that for police certificates I should submit my hometown one right now but for the canadian one will be later upon request. My hometown police certificate will arrive in 2 months, i.e after submitting my application and will be valid for 3 months only, so what should i do? submit my application without enclosing any certificate and wait for their request? or enclose a copy of the document that shows my request for my hometown one and update my file after? or finally wait till receive everything and send a complete application, but i will miss much time though?!

Thanks in advance

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
July 02, 2014 App. Received..: July 07, 2014
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014 Med's Received: October 16, 2014 In Process.......: May 26, 2015 Decision Made..: May 30, 2015
Passport Req..
July 03, 2015 (sent July 04, received July 07)
VISA ISSUED...
July 08, 2015 (received pp back: July 15)
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
spacewave4 said:
Hi guys i have a question,

Now i will submit my federal application within 2 weeks. I found that for police certificates I should submit my hometown one right now but for the canadian one will be later upon request. My hometown police certificate will arrive in 2 months, i.e after submitting my application and will be valid for 3 months only, so what should i do? submit my application without enclosing any certificate and wait for their request? or enclose a copy of the document that shows my request for my hometown one and update my file after? or finally wait till receive everything and send a complete application, but i will miss much time though?!

Thanks in advance
I read a post once when someone particularly having a similar situation. And the person who answered was saying that his lawyer told him it's okay to file an application without the police certificate directly and then send it later on. That way, this would save some time. So I guess best thing would be to send it when you get it. And if they ask you later for a new one (because that one would not be valid anymore by the time they want to look at your file), then you'd have to supply them with a new one. To be on the safe side, you can enclose an explanation letter that you write yourself and you explain that you ordered a police certificate and that you should receive in about two months.

Amit_MTL

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Hello spacewave4...I had same situation and had submitted my police certifcate from my home country when I received file number...you can wait also it wont slow anything..the processing queue is from the date of csq issuance...

s2t2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
If anyone is interested, I sent my PR application with my PEQ-CSQ end of October 2014, and got the confirmation email and file number today.

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
s2t2 said:
If anyone is interested, I sent my PR application with my PEQ-CSQ end of October 2014, and got the confirmation email and file number today.
Yes I am very interested indeed! :D
Finally some more reference regarding the AOR process! My application was filed on December 8th 2014, so I guess it will be another 6 weeks for me...maybe 5?! ::)

bitu225

Aug 12, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am on post graduation work permit and working full time in Montreal. I just recently sit for TCFQ and get B2 for comprehension oral but unfortunately B1 for expression oral. I'm scheduling my TEFAQ in 4 weeks from now on. I'm planning to just do the expression oral part. Does the immigration quebec except two B2 of two different tests? Has anyone done this before? Part of the reason I don't want to re-do the comprehension oral is not risking getting a lower score. Also I will re-do the TCFQ as well but that takes 8 weeks to book an appointment. The TEFAQ is much more frequent.

Can anyone shed some lights into this? I really appreciate any information.

Thanks

prashant786

Jun 28, 2014
GUJARAT,INDIA
NOC Code......
hiii everyone,
i am prashant patel from india,and my qualifiacation is master of pharmacy in pharmaceutics and my job in pharmaceutical tablet production company.
my question you to in latest quebec area of training pharmaceutical production technology(dcs) is in 16 points of area of training.,so with my experience in pharmaceutical production company am i elligible to apply in quebec skilled worker category or no?
and my my next question is what is actual time for recieved for csq?
qsw give any priority to 16 points applicant?
please ersolve my queries,so apply as fast as possible.
thanks.

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I have question regarding CSQ expiry date.

1. Does CSQ have any date of expiration?
2. Is it must that after getting CSQ through PEQ one has to apply to federal, if the person changes his mind and go for other option like PNP or express entry so is there would be a problem?
3. After getting CSQ, how much time limit we have to apply for PR to Federal?

Thanks !!

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rkapoor said:
Hi I have question regarding CSQ expiry date.

1. Does CSQ have any date of expiration?
2. Is it must that after getting CSQ through PEQ one has to apply to federal, if the person changes his mind and go for other option like PNP or express entry so is there would be a problem?
3. After getting CSQ, how much time limit we have to apply for PR to Federal?

Thanks !!
1. Yes (3 year)
2. No
3. Your CSQ must be valid - see 1.

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lammawitch said:
1. Yes (3 year)
2. No
3. Your CSQ must be valid - see 1.

thanks for the reply . Can u provide the evidence regarding point 2...

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014 Med's Received: October 16, 2014 In Process.......: May 26, 2015 Decision Made..: May 30, 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
rkapoor said:
thanks for the reply . Can u provide the evidence regarding point 2...
It doesnt need evidence. Anyone is free to live wherever they want in Canada. The restriction is that if you get a CSQ and want to apply to PR as a Quebec resident, you have to live in Quebec. If you want to live somewhere else, you're totally free to move to that new place and apply as a PR through that province. But this means, you won't be able to use your CSQ (if you want to play it safe, that is).

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jad_montreal said:
It doesnt need evidence. Anyone is free to live wherever they want in Canada. The restriction is that if you get a CSQ and want to apply to PR as a Quebec resident, you have to live in Quebec. If you want to live somewhere else, you're totally free to move to that new place and apply as a PR through that province. But this means, you won't be able to use your CSQ (if you want to play it safe, that is).
Ok..that means if I move out of Quebec and come back with valid CSQ I cannot use that for PR. Right???

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
rkapoor said:
Ok..that means if I move out of Quebec and come back with valid CSQ I cannot use that for PR. Right???
"come back" to where? If you move out of Quebec, in principle, you should not be able to use your CSQ to apply for a PR from another province. If you file your PR application from within Quebec before moving out, there might be a chance that you get away with it but it's risky.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rkapoor said:
It's really very simple:

1. If you want to settle in Quebec, apply for CSQ, once you get it apply for PR.
2. If you get your CSQ, then change your mind and want to settle in another province, forget about the CSQ & apply EE or PNP.