+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!!

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So in summary take:

A) Bank statement
B) IDs (I have a canadian driving license which has my address on it & passport obviously)
C) CSQ, COPR, Copies of past permits, Copy of RPRF payment, Work permit

Anything I'm missing? I don't have a job so I don't have anything related to that.

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
In my case, I have a job, that is why he was asking.

But if you do not have a job, then he has nothing to ask ;)

dior12 said:
So in summary take:

A) Bank statement
B) IDs (I have a canadian driving license which has my address on it & passport obviously)
C) CSQ, COPR, Copies of past permits, Copy of RPRF payment, Work permit

Anything I'm missing? I don't have a job so I don't have anything related to that.

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QC_PEQ_Montreal said:
In my case, I have a job, that is why he was asking.

But if you do not have a job, then he has nothing to ask ;)
Ok thanks again! Congratulations.

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
:D update of my timeline share : :D

1st Quebec stage:

Category........: QSW, PEQ
App. Delivered.: 2012.11.30 Quebec, Montreal
App. Filed.......: 2012.12.07 Quebec, Montreal
CSQ Issued.....: 2012.12.19 Quebec, Montreal
CSQ Received..: 2012.12.24 Quebec, Montreal

2nd Federal stage:

Visa Office.............: CPP-Ottawa
App. Delivered........: 2013.03.25 Federal, Sydney
Fee Charged...........: 2013.04.29
App. Filed...............: 2013.05.09
Medical Exam Request: 2013.05.14
Medical Exam Done...: 2013.05.07
RPRF Request...........: 2013.06.18
RPRF Sent ...........: 2013.06.18
Passport Request......: 2014.03.17
Visa + CPR ..............: 2014.03.25 CPP-O
Landing ...............: 2014.03.26 Champlain/Lacolle Border

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
QC_PEQ_Montreal said:
[/b] 6-8 weeks would be too long for me. ;)

Nicely explained... + 1 for you... :)

kunsom

Aug 13, 2013
QC_PEQ_Montreal said:
I received my Immigration Visa and CPR on March 25th, and I did my landing today, March 26th, 2014.

As the starter for this thread, I think my detailed experience for landing would be helpful for you guys as well specially if you go with your own car from within Canada to Champlain/Lacolle Border.

1. How to get there? and how to pass the US gate and come back?

Drive all the way down Highway 15 South till you reach the U.S. border, namely the Champlain-St. Bernard de Lacolle Border Crossing. Firstly, you will pass the duty free before reaching the US gates, then you will see there is U-Turn marked as "Nexus and Immigration" on your left which you can use to go back to Canada without being rejected by US. But be aware!:

I tried this first U-Turn in the first place, however, when I reached the Canada gates, the Canadian official said I HAVE to go to the US because landing can only be done when you're "entering" Canada, that means, you HAVE to get rejected by US (someone in this forum said basically they give you a paper stating that they refused entry based on administrative rules or something. The guy said that it doesn't matter if you have a valid US visa or not, they will give you a refusal because you're only here for landing). So if you just take a U-turn before the border, you haven't really left Canada so you can't do your landing.

So once again, we took another round to head to the US gates with the and had to spend more time queuing. I told the US official that we need to return to Canada immediately to validate our Confirmation of Permanent Residence. The US official took our Passports and CPRs, after several minutes he gave back those documents plus a letter. Then he told me to take another U-Turn which is just on the left of the US gates. It is the second U-Turn that really worked for us!

2. How they process you at the Canada gate?

So basically we returned to the Canada side with passports + CPRs + letter were queuing again at the Canada gate. Once reached the gate, I informed the officer that we need to validate our CPRs. So he asked some basic questions (such as: is this your car?) and took our passports and CPRs, then he gave me a yellow page and we need to park our car in #2 parking lot after the gate and go to office.

3. How they process you at the Immigration Office?

When you get into the immigration office, the left counter is the immigration counter. One officer will process you.

Q1. Do you have your passports, CPRs, and CSQs?
I gave him the passports and CPRs.
Seated and waited to be called.
Q2. Do you have your CSQs?
Found the CSQs and gave to him, he took a brief look and return them to me.
Q3. Who is the principal applicant?
Me.
Q4. Are you still working? Where are you working? What is the company name?
Yes. I am a .... I am working in ..... do you want to see my name card? (He said no)
Q5. Bank statement?
I gave him the most recent bank statement with both names on it. He took it and looked at it. At the same time, I handed him my employment offer letter which states my salary, he took it and look at it.
Q6. What is your address?
I gave him my cover letter, the address is on the head letter.
Q7. Did you submit your application to extend your stay (WP extension)? Did you submit it before your current WP expired? (He is concerning about my implied status)
Yes. I submitted it last year on ....., now it is still pending. (at the same time, I showed him the printed out average processing time for WP extension, he took it and look at it).
Q8. Did you pay the fee? Show me the payment receipt.
Yes, I took the whole application package out and handed to him. Indicated to him the payment receipt, proof of mailing and successful delivery record. He took the package and looked at it.
Seated again and waited to be called.
Q9. Do you have the past permit? I need all of your original past permit.
I gave him all of the original study permit and work permit, he took them away (including the most recent one on the passport), and never return to me. For my husband, he only have copies of those permits, the officer did not say much about this.
Seated again and waited to be called.
Q10. Please read this part (basically no criminal on the IMM 5688), initial your name beside your answer, and sign.
We read before him, wrote <no>, initialed it, and then signed it.

Then he said Welcome to Canada :D, and said a few things for us to pay attention to:
1. He crossed the Immigration Visa, said we should receive our Maple Card in 6-8 weeks, but the CPR paper is NOT a travel document.
2. We should live in Canada 730 days every 5 years.
3. Everytime we enter the POE, the CBSA will exam whether we had fulfill the residential obligation from that day <backward> 5 years time.

Then we moved to the next counter for the custom, basically entering your belonging in your country of origin which you want to bring in future.

Does anyone know who I should contact to get my Maple Card faster? Which department should I contact, CPP-Ottawa or the CBSA at the border? Because I want to get it before April 18 for travelling to the US for the Easter Holiday, and my US visa is going to expire on April 21st!!
6-8 weeks would be too long for me. ;)

Thank You very much for the Great explanation ... QC_PEQ_Montreal, You're a star!!
All the Best!

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
Hello everyone!

First of all, I am so glad there is such a community here! I have been going crazy looking for a forum where the Canadian PR is discussed about, particularly for people who applied with the PEQ. I have seen very encouraging timeframes and I congratulate everyone who is already a Canadian Permanent ResidenT! ;D

I just have a doubt about my case and I would really appreciate if someone, based on their experience, could guide me a bit through it. To give a couple of details about my case:

-I received my CSQ in July of 2013

-My PR application was received in Sydney, Nova Scotia on October 7th, 2013, I received acknowledgement of my application being complete.

-Early in December my medical results were requested. I got them done on December 15th in Canada.

-As of today, when I check my application status the last update I see is "Medical Exams Received"...

I was told by the clinic that the results would take 5 days to process and be sent to the Canadian Government. What I find weird though is that I can not see the status of my case as "In Process" on the CIC website, and that no updates have been made since the "Medical Exams Received" from December. Anyone has an idea of what could be happening?

Thanks very much!

Keden

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 9, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 15, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 18, 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 27, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 27, 2014
LANDED..........
May 20, 2014
qcuio said:
I was told by the clinic that the results would take 5 days to process and be sent to the Canadian Government. What I find weird though is that I can not see the status of my case as "In Process" on the CIC website, and that no updates have been made since the "Medical Exams Received" from December. Anyone has an idea of what could be happening?

Thanks very much!
It can take a while for them to update it. It took over 6+ months for CIC to update mine.
I wouldn't worry about it. Unless they contact you for something, you can assume your application IS in process.

Keden

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 9, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 15, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 18, 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 27, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 27, 2014
LANDED..........
May 20, 2014
Hello Everyone! Quick question for today. Does anyone know if you can return to Canada and NOT land?

As per my timeline below, I was going to land after my return from Easter vacation in the US, but an unexpected work trip came up and I will be flying to the US on May 11th and returning May 14th. This give me roughly a 3wk window between both trips.

This clearly will not be enough time for my PR card to be issued, and everything I read on CIC site says you can't come back in commercial transport (bus or plane), if you don't have the PR card or a travel document issued outside of Canada (no opportunity for me to get this done).

I really don't want to cancel my work trip, so I want to know if I can chose to NOT land when I return in April. I still have a valid work permit (valid until next year), so can I just show that and not the COPR or PR visa on my return in April? ???

Updated QSW/PEQ Timeline:
Applied for CSQ: August 3, 2012
Received CSQ: September 15, 2012
Applied for QSW: February 24, 2013
App Fee & RPRF Paid: February 24, 2013
Received Acknowledgement: April 9, 2013
Medical Request: April 16, 2013
Medical Exam Completed: April 18, 2013
ECAS Updated to "Medical Received": May 30, 2013
Passport Request (PPR): February 27 2014
ECAS Updated to "In Process": February 27, 2014
ECAS Updated to "Decision Made": March 5, 2013
Passport Mailed to CPP: March 7, 2014
Passport Returned with COPR & Visa: March 17, 2014
Landing: (Will land in April, after US Easter trip)

Keden

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 9, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 15, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 18, 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 27, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 27, 2014
LANDED..........
May 20, 2014
QC_PEQ_Montreal said:
Does anyone know who I should contact to get my Maple Card faster? Which department should I contact, CPP-Ottawa or the CBSA at the border? Because I want to get it before April 18 for travelling to the US for the Easter Holiday, and my US visa is going to expire on April 21st!!
6-8 weeks would be too long for me. ;)
Hello QC_PEQ, if you find out any information about how to get a PR card super fast, please share! Thanks ;D

I found this link but I don't think it will apply to you as your trip is in less than 3wks, no?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing-not-submitted.asp

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Keden said:
Hello Everyone! Quick question for today. Does anyone know if you can return to Canada and NOT land?

As per my timeline below, I was going to land after my return from Easter vacation in the US, but an unexpected work trip came up and I will be flying to the US on May 11th and returning May 14th. This give me roughly a 3wk window between both trips.

This clearly will not be enough time for my PR card to be issued, and everything I read on CIC site says you can't come back in commercial transport (bus or plane), if you don't have the PR card or a travel document issued outside of Canada (no opportunity for me to get this done).

I really don't want to cancel my work trip, so I want to know if I can chose to NOT land when I return in April. I still have a valid work permit (valid until next year), so can I just show that and not the COPR or PR visa on my return in April? ???

Updated QSW/PEQ Timeline:
Applied for CSQ: August 3, 2012
Received CSQ: September 15, 2012
Applied for QSW: February 24, 2013
App Fee & RPRF Paid: February 24, 2013
Received Acknowledgement: April 9, 2013
Medical Request: April 16, 2013
Medical Exam Completed: April 18, 2013
ECAS Updated to "Medical Received": May 30, 2013
Passport Request (PPR): February 27 2014
ECAS Updated to "In Process": February 27, 2014
ECAS Updated to "Decision Made": March 5, 2013
Passport Mailed to CPP: March 7, 2014
Passport Returned with COPR & Visa: March 17, 2014
Landing: (Will land in April, after US Easter trip)
I don't see why not. You have to tell them that you have COPR otherwise they won't ask you, from my understanding..

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it true you need to show 11,000 in funds for a single person? that seems excessive but can I get confirmation for those who have already landed?

Ornob

Oct 16, 2013
qcuio said:
Hello everyone!

First of all, I am so glad there is such a community here! I have been going crazy looking for a forum where the Canadian PR is discussed about, particularly for people who applied with the PEQ. I have seen very encouraging timeframes and I congratulate everyone who is already a Canadian Permanent ResidenT! ;D

I just have a doubt about my case and I would really appreciate if someone, based on their experience, could guide me a bit through it. To give a couple of details about my case:

-My PR application was received in Sydney, Nova Scotia on October 7th, 2013, I received acknowledgement of my application being complete.

-Early in December my medical results were requested. I got them done on December 15th in Canada.

-As of today, when I check my application status the last update I see is "Medical Exams Received"...

Thanks very much!
Your timeline matches with mine.. And my status is same as yours.

Ornob

Oct 16, 2013
qcuio said:
Hello everyone!

Thanks very much!
another thing.. have you already paid the RPRF?? Or waiting for their email?

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
Thanks for the answer, Keden! That is surely re-assuring.

Ornob: No I have not yet. I was told by the person who assisted me through this application (his occupation gets marked as spam by the forum) that this second fee had to be paid at a later date. I think the first payment I did was of 550 CAD, and that the RPRF is around 750CAD, but no, I haven't, have you?

As I said, it is encouraging to see that several people here have gotten their PR in almost exactly a year. Another thing that has me going crazy is the fact that I hold a dual citizenship, which meant that I had to send documents from both countries (certificates of good conduct, passports, etc). Not only that, but in one of this countries I underwent a name change and used a temporary passport with a different name for about a year (long story short this other country's name laws didn't match my birth country's ones and they refused to accept my birth name when I was granted citizenship (through blood right) from them, so I had to go through a legal name change to have both passports with matching surnames). While I specified all the necessary information and sent certified translated copies of all the paperwork and certificates involved, I have convinced myself that this thing will add 6+ months of processing time to my PR :(. Has anyone had any similar experiences?