+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec: Medical before, during or after processing the application?

openeye

Oct 14, 2008
Hey everyone,

I would like to ask you something concerning my application for permanent residence after I have received my CSQ some time ago.

I filed my official application with the embassy about 2-3 weeks ago. A few days afterwards I received a confirmation letter and was also asked to submit additional documents. After having done so, I already received the request for medical check. From what I have heard so far the medical usually is the last step or am I mistaken?

Does the fact that medicals are requested imply anything about the status of the application, i.e. time left or at least whether the application has already been processed to a large extend (i.e. security, etc.)

I am wondering somewhat as only such a short time period has elapsed since I filed the application but I am already asked to do the medical check.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best Regards

openeye

bobine

May 5, 2008
hey
not sure what to tell you but would like to say i'm in the same boat like you...
i've got my CSQ in may 2009 applyed in sometime in june and was asked to do med (what i did in on 4th august 2009)
got a message from buffalo that my application has been transfered to detroit and everytime i check my estatus it says "in process"

basically it means all the doc needed are correct now time to check with your med and make a decision.
not sure if background check is done before med or what.

i have some questions for u:
1-where do u apply - i apply to buffalo
2-did you already pay for visa fees??? -no
3- a-did ur med??? - ( I did mine on 4th august 2009)
b-if yes do u know if the visa office has ur results - I don't know how to find out!

let's cross our fingers

good luck

openeye

Oct 14, 2008
Hey,

mh ok. So I guess its not that uncommon to ask for medical checks right away.

I applied in Berlin and also already paid my visa fees (possible only via bank transfer, no credit card accepted).

Havent done my med yet so cant give you any details on this ;-)

What just surprised me is that pretty much 1 or 2 days after the embassy received my documents I already got the request for the med. Thats why I am wondering how this can be so short.

Oh well Ill just find out ;-)

Regards,

openeye

bobine

May 5, 2008
ok don't b surprise that it's happening that way, you are on the good path.
by the way did they asked for visa fees or you did in advance???
in my case while filing for federal, i've sent only the application fee which
is $ CAD 550 and did not pay for the visa one. just wondering if that is
slowing the process...

openeye

Oct 14, 2008
Hey,

well they asked for the application fee for the PR right away yes. Thats the way it works for applications sent to the embassy in Berlin. So you cannot say when they started processing (i.e. cashing in the cheque) your application but that way there are at least no payment issues then because of insufficient funds, etc. (The fees also have to be paid in Euro over here so there could be conversion issues if they would wait too long). So I guess this is the same as the 550 CAD you paid.

But I havent paid anything else yet (i.e. right to be a PR)

How was your medical btw? How long does it take and what exactly do they do? Xrays of chest, sonogram, blood?

Best Regards,

openeye

bobine

May 5, 2008
openeye said:
Hey,

well they asked for the application fee for the PR right away yes. Thats the way it works for applications sent to the embassy in Berlin. So you cannot say when they started processing (i.e. cashing in the cheque) your application but that way there are at least no payment issues then because of insufficient funds, etc. (The fees also have to be paid in Euro over here so there could be conversion issues if they would wait too long). So I guess this is the same as the 550 CAD you paid.

But I havent paid anything else yet (i.e. right to be a PR)

How was your medical btw? How long does it take and what exactly do they do? Xrays of chest, sonogram, blood?

Best Regards,

openeye

thank you 4 your answer
for ur quesstion i'll say my med went well
beside chest xrays,lood test, they do bp, urine, get your height & weight, see
how good u can read w/ or w/out glasses, answer a routine questions(have u been sick & hospitalized
what kind of drug u were taking and taking now....)
and then the doc checked my testicles (was naked!).
that was what happened in my case....overall everything went good and 30mn were far enough to have it done.
tips: be relax, drink lot of water ...

openeye

Oct 14, 2008
Hey bobine,

Thanks for your answer!

This indeed sounds very straight forward. I expected the medical to be a lot more in-depth and possibly take more than one day (not 8h, but because of testing, etc). Oh well nothing to worry about then :)

openeye

Oct 14, 2008
Btw. Bobbine I got one more question.

I was asked to submit two photographs to the doctor when hes doing the med. Are there any requirements for the photos? (i.e. like the official application pictures, or do they even have to come from the same negative)?

Thanks! :)

sridas

Jul 18, 2009
hi
the medical request is done after background check. the rprf can paid at any stage of the application. i paid mine before medical.

bobine

May 5, 2008
openeye said:
Btw. Bobbine I got one more question.

I was asked to submit two photographs to the doctor when hes doing the med. Are there any requirements for the photos? (i.e. like the official application pictures, or do they even have to come from the same negative)?

Thanks! :)
in my case it was not a problem...i called the doc office asked them what i should b bringing in, they said the med form from cic, 6photos, just passport size photo, my passport & $425. for photos what i did was to make sure they respected the requirements 4 the official application to avoid any delay but they weren't from the same negative though!
b careful bcoz when i got the med request, cic told me to take w/ me 2 passport photo then the doc asked 4 6. so as i see it, it all depends on every cic office and every doc!

i am pretty sure there r people out there w/ comments on photo or have already done their med who would like to share that particular point or so; just post under other topic that query and they'll come w/ some light.

4 questions you may have regarding my med, feel ok to ask...i'll b there to answer.

openeye

Oct 14, 2008
Wow, this is brilliant. I just spoke to a doctor in Belgium (after having talked to a few others) and what they charge is just great:

68 € (about CAD 100) for the doctor, + ~20 € (CAD 30) for the urin and blood test + ~25 € (CAD 35) for the x-ray. Makes less than 150 € in total, pretty cool hehe. The others I talked to charged 250 and up.

So we will see how it goes next week, he said within 20 minutes it should be done.

bobine

May 5, 2008
openeye said:
Wow, this is brilliant. I just spoke to a doctor in Belgium (after having talked to a few others) and what they charge is just great:

68 € (about CAD 100) for the doctor, + ~20 € (CAD 30) for the urin and blood test + ~25 € (CAD 35) for the x-ray. Makes less than 150 € in total, pretty cool hehe. The others I talked to charged 250 and up.

So we will see how it goes next week, he said within 20 minutes it should be done.
that's pretty cool ...like i said mine was $USD 425!!! ~ 300euro

openeye

Oct 14, 2008
Hey,

just wanted to give you guys an updated.

After having done my x-ray about a month ago, I received the request for passport and right to be resident payment a few days ago.

It therefore seems to have a positive end here :)

Overall, the timeframe is astonishing when I imagine all the delayed I caused!

CSQ: de facto less than 2 months when when not taking the "file incomplete" status into account. i.e. two months since date of application until notification of missing docs; then from submission of those docs til CSQ.

time from federal app, when not taking into account the time it took me for medicals (incl. x-ray): about 1- 1.5 months!

for the final issuing of the PR they say it will take no less than 10 days or something like that hehe. So I can live with that ;-)

So guys, keep your hopes up!

Best,

openeye

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
openeye said:
Hey,

just wanted to give you guys an updated.

After having done my x-ray about a month ago, I received the request for passport and right to be resident payment a few days ago.

It therefore seems to have a positive end here :)

Overall, the timeframe is astonishing when I imagine all the delayed I caused!

CSQ: de facto less than 2 months when when not taking the "file incomplete" status into account. i.e. two months since date of application until notification of missing docs; then from submission of those docs til CSQ.

time from federal app, when not taking into account the time it took me for medicals (incl. x-ray): about 1- 1.5 months!

for the final issuing of the PR they say it will take no less than 10 days or something like that hehe. So I can live with that ;-)

So guys, keep your hopes up!

Best,

openeye
Amazing!!!! I'm delighted for you ;D