+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

Alugart

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Anyone can share their experience about getting all 6 points for Adaptability after the interview?

Is it hard to get them? Assuming you researched and are knowledgeable about topics like:

- Your knowledge about Quebec (labour market, economic sector you are interested to integrate in, way of life),
- The approaches you have done in order to facilitate your social and economic integration (job search, language improvement efforts, credential and certificates required for regulated occupations, housing, etc.)
- Personal qualities that will help you successfully develop your professional activities (ability to emphasize your knowledge during an interview, knowledge about the difficulties you will have to face as an immigrant, your comprehension about the values of Quebec).

The last part, about personal qualities, I guess that is something you can not get ready to. You'll be assessed on first impression, how you behave etc...

I just keep wondering what could be the grounds for not receiving all 6 points... Because my life literally depends on whether I'll get all 6, or no :-X :eek:

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
Thanks for the reply. is CSQ? please define. I googled it and saw it is some immigration program for international students studying in quebec.
But what

IWCI

Oct 22, 2011
Hi, StillHope,

I am very new here.
Can you say about the possible points at my status? It is urgent.
Edu: MS in Engg.(US-electrical),this year U can claim 12 + 6 points for your education and AOt
age:34 16 ;work Exp(past 5 yrs):2.5yrs in US+0.5 year India. 6
French:no skill 0 points better start learning now.English:Advanced as I belief(no official score, but worked in US) 6
kid:1(5 years age). 4
Spouse: age:24 yrs. 3
Edu:SSC(secondary school);didn't continue for an unavoidable problem. 1

Yes u can send your application, U need 57 points to get interview and u r scoring 55 points so try to clear delf a1 to get atleast 2 points to get interview if u dont then they will reject your case.

I want to apply as a principal applicant.
Please give me your opinion.
Thanks in advance.
Abir

StillHope,

Thanks for your reply and spending your time for me. Can you please tell me whether any point is allocated for 'financial certificate' to be submitted with application? Also what is "AOt"? Thanks again.

Abir

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IWCI said:
Hi, StillHope,

I am very new here.
Can you say about the possible points at my status? It is urgent.
Edu: MS in Engg.(US-electrical),this year U can claim 12 + 6 points for your education and AOt
age:34 16 ;work Exp(past 5 yrs):2.5yrs in US+0.5 year India. 6
French:no skill 0 points better start learning now.English:Advanced as I belief(no official score, but worked in US) 6
kid:1(5 years age). 4
Spouse: age:24 yrs. 3
Edu:SSC(secondary school);didn't continue for an unavoidable problem. 1

Yes u can send your application, U need 57 points to get interview and u r scoring 55 points so try to clear delf a1 to get atleast 2 points to get interview if u dont then they will reject your case.

I want to apply as a principal applicant.
Please give me your opinion.
Thanks in advance.
Abir

StillHope,

Thanks for your reply and spending your time for me. Can you please tell me whether any point is allocated for 'financial certificate' to be submitted with applicationYes you will get 1 point for that, you have to show them during your interview time? Also what is "AOt" AOT - Area of Training. Here is the link for AOT http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/summary-table-areas.pdf? Thanks again.

Abir

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
@alugart

These topics that you have posted are what's important for you to show that you have the initiative and knowledge to immigrate to Quebec. If you haven't practiced you're french that much I suggest that you do and also having relatives in Quebec would also help you convince the immigration officer that you already have a social network or support group in Quebec.

dineshdina

Sep 28, 2011
Hi Stillhope,

Can you calculate my points again? As discussed, Can you calculate my work experience and also let me know can I apply this month or should I wait for my work experience?

My details as follows:
1. Qualification : MBA International Business, UK finished in 2011
MA Human Resource, India
B.com, India

2. Work Experience: more than 5 years
Skill level A: 4 months (Accounts & Tax),
Skill level B: Nil,
Skill level C: 4 years 9 months (Banking, E-publishing, Data Processing),
Skill level D: Cashier Part-time, 1 year 5 months

Full time
Data Processing Trainee - Chennai Aug – 2003 to Feb – 2004
Quality Controller (Data Conversion) - Chennai May – 2005 to Dec – 2005
Executive - Tax & Accounts (Grade 1) - Chennai, Dec – 2005 to Apr – 2006
Officer-Analyst, Cross Border Payment Investigation Team, Chennai. May – 2006 – December 2009

Part time
Customer Service Assistant (Checkouts/Till) – June 2010 - October 2011

3 No clue about area of training?
4. Age : 27
5. English Language: Ielts 6 + UK degree
6. French Language: Beginner (doing Beginner course in City College Coventry certified by ABC awards) and also attended 2 week class.
7. Financial: Sufficient
8. Adaptability:

Do I have enough experience to be considered, if I apply this month or Jan 2012? I also left a message for your in skype and your email id......
Please help me, can I apply now or should I waiting for more longer period?

Thanks
Dineshdina

ambi1775

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2011
AOR Received.
22/02/2012
Interview........
02/04/2012,csq received same day
dineshdina said:
Hi Stillhope,

Can you calculate my points again? As discussed, Can you calculate my work experience and also let me know can I apply this month or should I wait for my work experience? 12 + 6 = 18

My details as follows:
1. Qualification : MBA International Business, UK finished in 2011
MA Human Resource, India
B.com, India

2. Work Experience: more than 5 years
Skill level A: 4 months (Accounts & Tax),
Skill level B: Nil,
Skill level C: 4 years 9 months (Banking, E-publishing, Data Processing),
Skill level D: Cashier Part-time, 1 year 5 months

Full time
Data Processing Trainee - Chennai Aug – 2003 to Feb – 2004
Quality Controller (Data Conversion) - Chennai May – 2005 to Dec – 2005
Executive - Tax & Accounts (Grade 1) - Chennai, Dec – 2005 to Apr – 2006
Officer-Analyst, Cross Border Payment Investigation Team, Chennai. May – 2006 – December 2009 6

Part time
Customer Service Assistant (Checkouts/Till) – June 2010 - October 2011

3 No clue about area of training?
4. Age : 27 16
5. English Language: Ielts 6 + UK degree 4, but u can claim 6 points
6. French Language: Beginner (doing Beginner course in City College Coventry certified by ABC awards) and also attended 2 week class. better give delf exam to claim points
7. Financial: Sufficient 1
8. Adaptability:

Do I have enough experience to be considered, if I apply this month or Jan 2012? I also left a message for your in skype and your email id......
Please help me, can I apply now or should I waiting for more longer period? U need 49 to get interview call so better clear delf a2 if possible with in 3-4 months

U can send your application now but recommended clear delf a2 as quickly as possible.

Thanks
Dineshdina

ambi1775

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2011
AOR Received.
22/02/2012
Interview........
02/04/2012,csq received same day
quebecinformation said:
Do we have to take up the course from Alliance Francaise or can we do it from any other institute, Please guide !!! u can choose any but important thing is to clear french exam, but AF is more better option then other

thanks

satya

Mar 3, 2008
kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
?
AOR Received.
?
IELTS Request
?
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
?
Med's Done....
?
Hello friends.

Recently , is there any changes in quebec immigration rules.?
if anything plz share it

Alugart

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ solokru

These topics that you have posted are what's important for you to show that you have the initiative and knowledge to immigrate to Quebec. If you haven't practiced you're french that much I suggest that you do and also having relatives in Quebec would also help you convince the immigration officer that you already have a social network or support group in Quebec.
I'm very likely to have my french at around B1 at the time of interview, hence I believe I'll be able express myself not too bad. I don't have any relatives in Quebec, but I have many friends, 2 families and 2 people in Montreal, which is where I'm going to settle once I land.

[size=12pt]Is there anyone with CSQ certificate on hands who got all 6 points for Adaptability after an interview? Please, kindly share your case.

aabbhhii

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Still Hope / Champion members,
While submitting documents for QSW, do me and my wife have to submit only college pass out degrees or college pass out degrees with our semester wise grade cards also ?

rvalusa

Dec 2, 2011
Respected VisaExpert/Members,

This is aarvvy from Chennai, India working in a software company as Technical Lead in QA(Quality Assurance)
I would like to apply for Quebec Immigration-Skilled worker program for Permanent Resident Visa, but getting confused after taking the self evaluation test for eligibility to apply in Quebec official site - which is giving the result that I am not eligible. But when checked with couple of consultancies in Chennai, they are mentioning that I am eligible. Not sure they want to lure me saying that, so that I can pay them the consultation fee apart from the Canadian visa fee for my application.

Will be helpful if you people guide me in the right direction and give your inputs on whether I will be eligible to apply for Quebec immigration-Skilled Worker program

Here are my profile details-
Highest Education : B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Work Experience: 6 Years, 3 Months(Currently Working)
Job Profile: Technical Lead in Software QA, Have certifications related to my current work - MCTS-SQL Server 2005, AIS – HP
Quality Center v10 Certified Professional
English Proficiency: All my Schooling, Intermediate & B.Tech is all in medium of English, visited USA for multiple of 3 months on B1
visa 4 times, all together stayed in USA for 1 year. Don't have any other certificates to prove my proficiency in
English like IELTS.
French Proficiency: Don't know this language - Reading, Writing & Speaking, but I am willing to Learn the French language though
Marital Status: Single
Job Offer in Canada: Don't have any job offer in Canada
Family & Friends in Canada: No one
Funds: Enough to show to immigration officer to prove my case if eligible

Please do the point base analysis of my profile and let me know whether I am eligible to apply for Quebec immigration under Skilled worker program.

Looking forward to hear from you and let me know if you need any further info/details from my side

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,
aarvvy

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rvalusa said:
Respected VisaExpert/Members,

This is raghu valusa from Chennai, India working in a software company as Technical Lead in QA(Quality Assurance)
I would like to apply for Quebec Immigration-Skilled worker program for Permanent Resident Visa, but getting confused after taking the self evaluation test for eligibility to apply in Quebec official site - which is giving the result that I am not eligible. But when checked with couple of consultancies in Chennai, they are mentioning that I am eligible. Not sure they want to lure me saying that, so that I can pay them the consultation fee apart from the Canadian visa fee for my application.

Will be helpful if you people guide me in the right direction and give your inputs on whether I will be eligible to apply for Quebec immigration-Skilled Worker program

Here are my profile details-
Highest Education : B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Work Experience: 6 Years, 3 Months(Currently Working)
Job Profile: Technical Lead in Software QA, Have certifications related to my current work - MCTS-SQL Server 2005, AIS – HP
Quality Center v10 Certified Professional
English Proficiency: All my Schooling, Intermediate & B.Tech is all in medium of English, visited USA for multiple of 3 months on B1
visa 4 times, all together stayed in USA for 1 year. Don't have any other certificates to prove my proficiency in
English like IELTS.
French Proficiency: Don't know this language - Reading, Writing & Speaking, but I am willing to Learn the French language though..
Marital Status: Single
Job Offer in Canada: Don't have any job offer in Canada
Family & Friends in Canada: No one
Funds: Enough to show to immigration officer to prove my case if eligible
(Education)10points + 0pt(Area of training) + 8pt(Work experience) + 6(english language) + 0(french language) =24points

you have not mentioned your age in this post so if your age is less than 35 years then 16 points

So total points 24 + 16 + 1(self financial) = 41points

you need total 49 points to be eligible for processing your case. Now, you are short of 49-41=8points. So i suggest you to learn french language up to delf b1.

Please do the point base analysis of my profile and let me know whether I am eligible to apply for Quebec immigration under Skilled worker program.

Looking forward to hear from you and let me know if you need any further info/details from my side

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,
Raghu Valusa

rvalusa

Dec 2, 2011
Thanks a lot francaise. Information you provided has clearly some of my queries. Thanks again

Can you please let me know
1. usually for finishing the b1 level course in Alliance Franchise how many hours of training is needed ?
2. Is it possible to postpone the interview call at the Immigration office if we feel we aren't confident in French language at the time of interview ? Is the interview basically scheduled by the immigration Office or we can schedule it ?

Please answer the above questions for me in particular and as info to other newbies in general

Thanks,