Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
for CSQ: 13-12-2010
Oh you mean the interview schedule that they gave you was from the letter they sent you last December? Wow that was fast. I wish I have a similar timeline as you are. It's almost two month since I received my AOR and no other communications yet. You really must be well qualified.

If you call a town with a population of 10,000 a small town. How about a population of 1,000 here in KS? Lol. The nearest Alliance Francaise I believe is in Kansas City, MO - about 6-hour drive from where I am. So I am using some books, and some internet resources, and some audio CD that I purchased.

I wish they'll send me an interview notice soon.
Good Luck.

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
Hello guys.

I received an email from my agent that I am in the waiting list for interview.

If any of you can share their experience regarding the interview, I would greatly appreciate it.

Good luck everyone.

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Hey NMDGREEN,

When did you apply for CSQ? It looks like it was rather recent.

I applied on July 15, 2010 and I haven't heard a peep since September 7 2010 (which is when I got my AOR letter). I'm still waiting to get an interview date and it's Feb. 11. 2011.

Quebechopefull, anynews from you sir? What do you think is taking them so long?

I wish you luck NMDGREEN in your interview.

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
concorde411 said:
Hey NMDGREEN,

When did you apply for CSQ? It looks like it was rather recent.

I applied on July 15, 2010 and I haven't heard a peep since September 7 2010 (which is when I got my AOR letter). I'm still waiting to get an interview date and it's Feb. 11. 2011.

Quebechopefull, anynews from you sir? What do you think is taking them so long?

I wish you luck NMDGREEN in your interview.
Hi.

I really thought they would take more time in processing based on what I read in here. But maybe its because of my area of training. I am a registered nurses, which is on the preferred list.

oh, by the way. I applied last October 1, 2010. Received my AOR Dec. 13, 2010, and just last Feb. 09, 2011, I received this notice that I am on the waiting list.

I wish you luck, too, my friend and so as to everyone!

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
nmdgreen said:
Hi.

I really thought they would take more time in processing based on what I read in here. But maybe its because of my area of training. I am a registered nurses, which is on the preferred list.

oh, by the way. I applied last October 1, 2010. Received my AOR Dec. 13, 2010, and just last Feb. 09, 2011, I received this notice that I am on the waiting list.

I wish you luck, too, my friend and so as to everyone!
Hi i thought that since you are a nurse they would have waived your interview. Did you have experience? Are you single? Did you send work letters and school transcripts. Why do you think that they didn't waive your intervew? what is your french level?

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
I had 1 year experience when I applied. And yes I am single. But I guess because my french level is very basic, they still want me to undergo that interview.

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
nmdgreen said:
I had 1 year experience when I applied. And yes I am single. But I guess because my french level is very basic, they still want me to undergo that interview.
ok . what are you doing to learn french and prepare for interview? do you use books or go classes? are you in canada?

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Quebechopeful,

Haven't heard from you in a while old buddy. Any news? Any idea on when we're going to the next stage?
You see, because we applied only a few days apart when do you calculate our papers being (hopefully) granted and entering Canada?

Thanks and take care!

ekim8587

Aug 13, 2010
Connecticut, USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 2010
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
Still waiting for more news, although I know I'm being a little impatient. My application was received on October 12, 2010 and I got my AOR letter dated Jan. 8th, 2011. Nothing since! Just have to be patient I guess!

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
concorde411 said:
Quebechopeful,

Haven't heard from you in a while old buddy. Any news? Any idea on when we're going to the next stage?
You see, because we applied only a few days apart when do you calculate our papers being (hopefully) granted and entering Canada?

Thanks and take care!
Hi Concorde!

I have not abandoned you:) In January I received a letter from Quebec requesting additional document, which I sent. I guess they had started processing my file. Not sure how long it will take, because they may have placed me back in the line.

I read somewhere that they're processing February 2010 applications, but it seems that priority applications that were submitted after February are getting faster treatment. I saw that someone applied in October and already has an interview because he/she is a nurse.

Princess5

Jan 15, 2011
Oui ils traitent toujours le mois de fevrier 2010. je ne sais pas ce qui se passe au biq de montreal parce que depuis des mois ils traitent fevrier 2010. Ca n'avance vraiment pas!!!!

@ Quebechopefull: peut etre qu'ils ont commence a traiter ton dossier alors, j'espere pour toi. moi aussi j'ai envoye ma DCSQ en juillet 2010 mais j'ai pas recu de lettre depuis l'AR.

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
Hi all, just done with my interview here in NY 1/2 hour ago, it took me full 1 hour to done with interview...and got my CSQ :p :p ..... Am soooo happy, my interview was both in French n English. Thanks all for ur help. ..... Gud luck u all ;) ;) . I'll post my experience with visa officer laterly :-*

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sher_singh said:
Hi all, just done with my interview here in NY 1/2 hour ago, it took me full 1 hour to done with interview...and got my CSQ :p :p ..... Am soooo happy, my interview was both in French n English. Thanks all for ur help. ..... Gud luck u all ;) ;) . I'll post my experience with visa officer laterly :-*
CONGRATULATIONS after such a long wait!!! You deserve it. Wow..you must be over the moon. The worst part is over. Everything else should be smooth-sailing. Congrats again.

Can you please share the questions asked during the interview? How was your French? Did they carefully review documents?

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
quebechopefull said:
CONGRATULATIONS after such a long wait!!! You deserve it. Wow..you must be over the moon. The worst part is over. Everything else should be smooth-sailing. Congrats again.

Can you please share the questions asked during the interview? How was your French? Did they carefully review documents?
Tnx quebechopefull,
My experience with the VO was amazing.. She was actually very gentle and easy going lady, We had many funny conversations during the time. My interview lasted for ONE hour and I was confident in my answers in every question she asked to me. As i was basic french user and I preferred to give my answers in french but she was also fine with English too... I realized during the interview all they want to see your CONFIDENCE and Your Excitement about Quebec, She asked me to show her my highest qualification certificates including transcripts and Employment letters. She asked me a lot of Questions about Quebec e.g. Why Quebec, Job Market related to your field of study, Towns, Weather, Famous Locations in Quebec. If you have submitted them any of your Alliance Francaise attestations with contents of each level, make sure you read them and able to discuss them with VO upon being asked as she asked me to speak in french on some past event e.g. on a movie and told her the story. I would suggest that research as much as you can do about Quebec. Doesn't matter how bad is your French, just try to start your answer in French, Doesn't matter how many lines you can speak. Never Say that you will go back to Your country in case you will be unable to find any work, Say something tricky.... She didn't see anything else from my documents including bank balance etc... It all depends upon officer to officer that what they ask from you, Keep your documents up-to-date so that you should be able to provide them if they wants to see OR if you were Unable to produce a document for him/her Just tell him/her a reasonable answer for not having that document. You can tell them that you are making efforts for learning french by any means, Think Positive only and if all goes well then definitely you will get CSQ....Just keep Patience and everybody here will get their CSQ's....So Thanks and GUD LUCK YOU ALL !!!!