+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec CSQ Applicants in the USA

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Princess,

I sent it on July 15, 2010. I got my AOR letter Sept. 7, 2010, and have been waiting for an interview date since then.

You?

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Princess,

Yes, I'm applying from NJ, how come you got your AOR letter on August 27 when you only applied 2 days before me and I got mine on Setp. 7?

How about you, are you applying from the US too?

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
I got my AOR Letter on September 7, 2010 and for more good news, I just checked the CIC website at
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/times/perm/provincial.asp#tphp idtphp and it says that the Buffalo office will take at least 11 months to process Provincial Nominee Applicants. So yes, if seems like we will have to wait 2 years to get our PR status.

Oh well, c'est la vie non?

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Princess,

Merci beacoup Princess pour tes beau mots, vousette tres gentile. Oui, je espere que le temps vas passer tres vites parce que j'ai une femme que m'attends. C'est le unqiuement raison pourqouis je vous alley a vivre au Quebec.

Merci encore.

qli263905

Jan 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
AOR Received.
24-11-2010
Hi everybody. I send my CSQ application Sept 13 got AOR Dec 21. Today I got another letter from Quebec content as below
nous avons pris connaissance de votre projet d'etablissement permanent au Quebec et vous en remercions.

A cet effet, nous desirons vous informer que vous etes inscrit sur une liste d'attente pour une entrevue de selection avec un conseiller ou une conseillere a l'immigration.
Des que la date de votre entrevue sera arretee, nous communiquerons de nouveau avec vous.

Nous tenons a vous souligher que la teneur de nos dossiers etant strictement confidentielle, nous ne donnons aucun renseignement par telephone concernant des demandes d'immigration.

Nous vous prions de croire, Monsieur, en l'assurance de nos sentiments les meilleurs.

I have very basic french and I am not entirely sure what is it. could anyone explain it and what should I expect in the future. Thank you. I am currently living in Michigan applied as nurse.

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
for CSQ: 13-12-2010
qli263905 said:
Hi everybody. I send my CSQ application Sept 13 got AOR Dec 21. Today I got another letter from Quebec content as below
nous avons pris connaissance de votre projet d'etablissement permanent au Quebec et vous en remercions.

A cet effet, nous desirons vous informer que vous etes inscrit sur une liste d'attente pour une entrevue de selection avec un conseiller ou une conseillere a l'immigration.
Des que la date de votre entrevue sera arretee, nous communiquerons de nouveau avec vous.

Nous tenons a vous souligher que la teneur de nos dossiers etant strictement confidentielle, nous ne donnons aucun renseignement par telephone concernant des demandes d'immigration.

Nous vous prions de croire, Monsieur, en l'assurance de nos sentiments les meilleurs.

I have very basic french and I am not entirely sure what is it. could anyone explain it and what should I expect in the future. Thank you. I am currently living in Michigan applied as nurse.
Hi. I used Google Translate on your text above, and it says that you are on the waiting list for an interview. We have pretty much same situation. like:

-VERY basic French
-I am also a nurse (from Kansas)

but with just very little differences, like:

-I submitted my application Oct. 1 2010.
-But my AOR I received Dec. 13, 2010.

I mean, from your situation, I assume I will receive some sort of notice, too. But then again, you may be more qualified than me in other areas. So, Good Luck to us.

Oh, BTW, did you figure out how to register as a nurse in Quebec?

qli263905

Jan 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
AOR Received.
24-11-2010
Hi nmdgreen Thank you! so now I shoud be waiting for the interview letter, right? How long it will take? I graduated from nursing school May 2010 and be a nurse for only 6 months. I think I will apply for nursing registration right after I got CSQ.
oiiq.org this is quebec nursing board website. I can find some information about how to submit application but they are all french. Do you know how long the registration process will take?

Hi. I used Google Translate on your text above, and it says that you are on the waiting list for an interview. We have pretty much same situation. like:

-VERY basic French

I mean, from your situation, I assume I will receive some sort of notice, too. But then again, you may be more qualified than me in other areas. So, Good Luck to us.

[/quote]

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
for CSQ: 13-12-2010
I know the registration has different phases. Like the written exam and the clinical exam. I have read somewhere that the instructions are pretty much straightforward. You can take it in English but you have to pass the French test within 3 years.

I've been a nurse for 1 year and 4 months. Do you have a BSN? or are you married?
My plan is, since I have limited French, I'll try my best to jump start my registration before the interview so they'll know I really intend to settle in QC.

BTW, what are you doing to improve your French?

qli263905 said:
Hi nmdgreen Thank you! so now I shoud be waiting for the interview letter, right? How long it will take? I graduated from nursing school May 2010 and be a nurse for only 6 months. I think I will apply for nursing registration right after I got CSQ.
oiiq.org this is quebec nursing board website. I can find some information about how to submit application but they are all french. Do you know how long the registration process will take?

-VERY basic French

qli263905

Jan 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
AOR Received.
24-11-2010
I got an interview email for them in New York city on Feb 8, 2011 Friday afternoon. I asked for an alternative day because it's too short and I do not know what's gonna happen. I am not sure if it will be comfirmed by email or not. I was so surprised and freaking out! I am married and one child. I put 6 points for my french. How about you? I am in Michigan small town with population of 10,000. I got nobody to practise with, no school either. I think if I apply for the registration, I will probably need to take some additional courses in Quebec. Do you know how long it normally takes for the registration process?

nmdgreen said:
I know the registration has different phases. Like the written exam and the clinical exam. I have read somewhere that the instructions are pretty much straightforward. You can take it in English but you have to pass the French test within 3 years.

I've been a nurse for 1 year and 4 months. Do you have a BSN? or are you married?
My plan is, since I have limited French, I'll try my best to jump start my registration before the interview so they'll know I really intend to settle in QC.

BTW, what are you doing to improve your French?