+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec CSQ Applicants in the USA

Princess5

Jan 15, 2011
Thanks! It is going to be a long wait, the best thing to do is to just forget about it. I just hope we all will get the csq without interview. lets keep in touch.

Princess5

Jan 15, 2011
Hey quebechopefull, do you have your fbi record check already? I have all my police certificates and for sure they are going to expire. So if you havent done them, I will advise that you wait for 3 months before starting to send those.

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Princess5 said:
Hey quebechopefull, do you have your fbi record check already? I have all my police certificates and for sure they are going to expire. So if you havent done them, I will advise that you wait for 3 months before starting to send those.
Hi Princess

No, I haven't started working on my police certificates. I'll start when and if they've confirmed an interview date. I expect to be interviewed because of my basic knowledge in French. Are you a french-speaker?

Princess5

Jan 15, 2011
Yes I am a french speaker. but if you have the number of points that they require, you may not have to be interviewed. Have you taken any test of french? What is your level of french?

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Hey Quebechopeful,

Quick question, since there are some of us who applied in July 2010 and it looks like we won't get our CSQ unil July 2011 then how long after CSQ do we have to wait to be accepted into Canada?

Any ideas guys?

Also, any possibility of them processing us sooner than July?

Thanks guys!

anipande

Dec 16, 2010
Hi all,

My application was submitted on 9th december 2011

Based on your timelines expirience , can you suggest timelines..

AOR
Interview time
Is interview compulsory
CSQ timelines

etc

rasears

Jan 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think I have 66 points, not including any French language points...does anyone know if I will need to take TEFaQ, and if I would be waived for an interview?

sadupops

Jan 13, 2011
U.S
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-11-2010
When it comes to learning french does anyone think Rosstta Stone is a very good way to learn at least for the CSQ interview up to like Level 4?

Any response to this will be highly appreciated.

rasears

Jan 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sadupops said:
When it comes to learning french does anyone think Rosstta Stone is a very good way to learn at least for the CSQ interview up to like Level 4?
I tried Rosetta Stone ages ago and found it useful (just as a beginner)...expensive though. You might take a look at LiveMocha (livemocha.com), which is what I will probably try to use.

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Hey Quebechopeful,

Quick question, since there are some of us who applied in July 2010 and it looks like we won't get our CSQ unil July 2011 then how long after CSQ do we have to wait to be accepted into Canada?

Any ideas guys?

Thanks guys!

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Princess5 said:
Yes I am a french speaker. but if you have the number of points that they require, you may not have to be interviewed. Have you taken any test of french? What is your level of french?
I took a test and scored basic in some areas and intermediate in others. If I calculated well, I have enough points but that is up to them to decide if I need an interview. You are very lucky to be a french-speaker!

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
concorde411 said:
Hey Quebechopeful,

Any ideas guys?

Thanks guys!
Hello! The federal process takes up to a year but I'm not sure. Visit the thread on http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/federal-application-for-quebec-workers-from-buffalo-usa-t50097.0.html and follow their discussion. There is no way of knowing if they will process before July. I understand that they're now processing february 2010 applications.

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Hey Quebechopeful,

Thanks so much for replying to my inquiry so promptly.

Wait, we have to wait for almost one year to get CSQ and then after we get the CSQ we might have to wait another year for the federal? So you mean to tell us that the whole process could take up to two years if we're lucky?

Hey, thanks so much for being so patieint with me.

Princess5

Jan 15, 2011
We never know with those people, I can be a french speaker and still get an interview. its not all about french, there are other criteria like education, age... We will see how it goes.

Who told you that the processing time at the federal level is one year? If it is, I am really disappointed. 2 years to got to Canada, oh my god!!!

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Hey Princess,

Quebechopeful told me that processing time on the Federal is one year. I too hope that's not the case. Thank you Quebechopeful for all your help, I really do appreciate your input and all the help you are giving us. Thank you!!! (ps, for the this wasn't sarcasm, I really do appreciate your help).