22-09-2012
Interview........
26-04-2012 QSW, Waived for Federal
Passport Req..
20-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2012
montreal789 said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my CSQ request was DENIED!!!!!! Bummer, bummer, bummer, bummer :-[

I didn't score enough points. They didn't award me any points for working experience, although I have over 5 years, professional working experience. They did not specify why they didn't award me any points. It said somewhere on the letter that the skill level should be above "D". And I for sure meet and exceed that skill level. Just to inform you I provided all work certificates including employment contracts, tax contributions, pay stubs, you name it!

Secondly, I applied with two diplomas - Bachelor of Science in Biology and Diploma in Pharmacy Technician. They gave me 10/12 points for my bachelor's education. Diploma in Pharmacy Technician is under the "2009 list of training areas" so I should have scored 12/16 points. They did not award me any points for this diploma. I'm thinking that they only looked at the "higher" degree.

So, I have the option of requesting administrative review of my file if I believe that an error was made. I would like some explanation as of why they did not consider my work experience or diploma in Pharmacy Tech before I consider reapplying in the future.

I have been working for an NGO as a program coordinator and program manager for the last 5 years.

Sorry, that I have to share this news but it may help some of you. If you have any insight as to why they didn't award these points, please let me know.
Is your Pharmacy degree a Quebec equivalent degree? On the list all I see that is similar to your degree be it foreign or Quebec equivalent is:

- Pharmacy Technical Assistant (1.5 years)
- Pharmaceutical Production Technology (3 years)

Maybe your degree is not equal to any of this two listed here because of the time requirement or the classes in the curriculum. Did you send any transcripts of your studies to the BIQ? Where did you get it? You might want to get a course of study for both of these degrees in a Canadian program and then compare them with your transcripts. If most of the classes match then you will be able to make a stronger case.

In addition to having your diploma match the "2009 Preferred Areas of Training" it must have been awarded in the previous 5 years, if it was awarded earlier you must have had at least 1 year of experience in the profession that you are claiming as per the 2009 areas of training, in your case Pharmacy Technical Assistant or Pharmaceutical Production. I'm not sure if your NGO experience is directly related to this area of training.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your rejection.

abehola

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Federal App: 25-08-2011
Nomination.....
08-06-2011 (CSQ Certificate)
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
mazharhussaen said:
Hi every one

Can any one advise me a set of possibe questions in french interveiw for CSQ. I applied in AUG 2010 from BIQ DAMASCUS.
Although i have not received any interview call yet but i want to prepare my french interveiw in advance prehand.
regards
Mazhr
Mazhr,

You can check for possible questions as posted on a thread on this forum.....
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/interviw-questions-in-french-for-quebec-applicants-t52027.0.html

Bonne Chance!

montreal789

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Nomination.....
Denied August, 1, 2011 - Filed for admin review.
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 2011 (New AOR on May 6)
bluecougar26 said:
Is your Pharmacy degree a Quebec equivalent degree? On the list all I see that is similar to your degree be it foreign or Quebec equivalent is:

- Pharmacy Technical Assistant (1.5 years)
- Pharmaceutical Production Technology (3 years)

Maybe your degree is not equal to any of this two listed here because of the time requirement or the classes in the curriculum. Did you send any transcripts of your studies to the BIQ? Where did you get it? You might want to get a course of study for both of these degrees in a Canadian program and then compare them with your transcripts. If most of the classes match then you will be able to make a stronger case.

In addition to having your diploma match the "2009 Preferred Areas of Training" it must have been awarded in the previous 5 years, if it was awarded earlier you must have had at least 1 year of experience in the profession that you are claiming as per the 2009 areas of training, in your case Pharmacy Technical Assistant or Pharmaceutical Production. I'm not sure if your NGO experience is directly related to this area of training.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your rejection.
Thanks.
I received my diploma in 2010 and it should be related to the “Pharmacy Technical Assistant”. I received this diploma in the USA. i provided my diploma and transcripts.

These are the comments they made on area of training for my Biology degree:

Domaine de formation: aucun point accorde a ce critere sur une possibilite de 16 pts. La candidate n'a pas travaille dans Ie secteur de la biologie au cours des cinq dernieres annees.

If they considered my pharm diploma, they would have commented on why it was not recognized. Which makes me believe that they only look at one diploma.

mazharhussaen

Star Member
Jul 31, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
DAMASCUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
Nothing
AOR Received.
05-Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Not Asked
File Transfer...
No Applicable
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH
Abehola

Vous etes Grande

merci boucoup

wingsofmaybe7777

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/04/2011 Federal
Nomination.....
CSQ received 04/04/2011
AOR Received.
09/05/2011 Federal
IELTS Request
NR
File Transfer...
NR
Med's Request
25/05/2011
Med's Done....
30/05/2011
Passport Req..
26/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/09/2011
egrace62 said:
oh well.... this season will soon be over..... so is ur temporary visa to canada expired?
My temp. visa will be over in a month but I havent used it all up because I came back to my home country to file my federal application and I have been here ever since because I thought that the VO would be requesting my passport soon. Now the PPR is dragging and I am stuck here .

montreal789

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
These are the comments they made as to why they rejected my CSQ.

La candidate ne se qualifie pas. Elle est penalisee par le faible pointage obtenu au(x) critere(s)
sUivant(s) :
Domaine de formation: aucun point accorde ace critere sur une possibilite de 16 pts. La candidate n'a pas travaille dans Ie secteur de la biologie au cours des cinq dernieres annees. (as you can see, they did not evaluate my pharm tech diploma and award me points for this training otherwise they would have offered an explanation here)-
Experience professionnelle : aucun point accorde a ce critere sur une possibilite de 8 pts. (no reason provided)
Francais : 6 pts a ce critere sur une possibilite de 16 pts.
Sejour au Quebec: aucun sejour declare au cours des dix annees precedant Ie depot de la
demande. Aucun point accorde sur une possibilite de 5 pts.

Les experiences de travail considerees aux fins de l'evaluation du critere duree de I'experience doivent avoir ete acquises dans une profession de niveau de competence superieur a ”D” au sens de la CNP. (could this be the reason why they did not give me points? If so, they are wrong because I have over 5 years working experience above skill level D) Aucun autre element d'evaluation ne pourrait venir modifier le pointage.

geribubaboy

May 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
[move][color=green]Rome[/color][/move]
NOC Code......
[move][color=purple]4021[/color][/move]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[move][color=blue]03.12.2010[/color][/move]
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
[move][color=green]17.12.2010[/color][/move]
Med's Request
[move][color=green]***02. 2012***[/color][/move]
Med's Done....
[move][color=green]***03.2012***[/color][/move]
Passport Req..
[move][color=green]***04. 2012[/color][move]
VISA ISSUED...
[move][color=green] May 2012[/color][/move]
LANDED..........
[move][b][color=red]June 2012[/color][/b][/move]
@ egrace
Hi Friend, I have been on some holidays and I have been so down because nothing new has happened. I waited till Monday and on that same day I wrote to Rome VO about the problem of my "ecas" and still no answer from them, let's see on the coming days.

How is everything going?
Rgrds

egrace62 said:
hi friend........ u av been off for some time now...... any new yet?

bluecougar26

Star Member
Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2011 QSW, 01-06-2012 Federal
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
26-04-2012
AOR Received.
26-08-2011 QSW, 04-07-2012 FED, 14-08-2012 2nd AOR
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-09-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
20-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2012
montreal789 said:
These are the comments they made as to why they rejected my CSQ.

La candidate ne se qualifie pas. Elle est penalisee par le faible pointage obtenu au(x) critere(s)
sUivant(s) :
Domaine de formation: aucun point accorde ace critere sur une possibilite de 16 pts. La candidate n'a pas travaille dans Ie secteur de la biologie au cours des cinq dernieres annees. (as you can see, they did not evaluate my pharm tech diploma and award me points for this training otherwise they would have offered an explanation here)-
Experience professionnelle : aucun point accorde a ce critere sur une possibilite de 8 pts. (no reason provided)
Francais : 6 pts a ce critere sur une possibilite de 16 pts.
Sejour au Quebec: aucun sejour declare au cours des dix annees precedant Ie depot de la
demande. Aucun point accorde sur une possibilite de 5 pts.

Les experiences de travail considerees aux fins de l'evaluation du critere duree de I'experience doivent avoir ete acquises dans une profession de niveau de competence superieur a ”D” au sens de la CNP. (could this be the reason why they did not give me points? If so, they are wrong because I have over 5 years working experience above skill level D) Aucun autre element d'evaluation ne pourrait venir modifier le pointage.
Are the 5 years of experience that you claim in the Pharmaceutical Tech category? If they are, great! You can probably have them evaluate your tech diploma and you should be fine.

bluecougar26

Star Member
Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
26-04-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-09-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
20-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2012
bluecougar26 said:
Are the 5 years of experience that you claim in the Pharmaceutical Tech category? If they are, great! You can probably have them evaluate your tech diploma and you should be fine.
One slight correction, in you original post you indicated that you received the following points for education and area of training: 10/12. If you check the Quebec Immigration page carefully you will find the 2009 list of Areas of Training that qualify for immigration purposes. However you will also find a 2009 PREFERRED list of areas of training. Biology is not on the PREFERRED areas of training but it is in the list of areas of training with a score of 6 points.

Pharmaceutical Technicians is on the PREFERRED list with a score of 12 points. So, apparently your application was indeed reviewed correctly with this degree. The problems seems that the work experience is not related to this area of training, therefore you can't claim any points for it.

Hope this helps.

montreal789

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
bluecougar26 said:
One slight correction, in you original post you indicated that you received the following points for education and area of training: 10/12. If you check the Quebec Immigration page carefully you will find the 2009 list of Areas of Training that qualify for immigration purposes. However you will also find a 2009 PREFERRED list of areas of training. Biology is not on the PREFERRED areas of training but it is in the list of areas of training with a score of 6 points.

Pharmaceutical Technicians is on the PREFERRED list with a score of 12 points. So, apparently your application was indeed reviewed correctly with this degree. The problems seems that the work experience is not related to this area of training, therefore you can't claim any points for it.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the insight! I don't believe work experience should be directly related to the degree. It only matters if your degree is under the 'list of training areas". In this case, work experience should be directly related to your diploma if your degree is more than 5 years old.

Work experience

Recognized experience
The work experience by a skilled worker candidate must have been acquired:

1. in the five years preceding the date of submission of an application for a selection certificate
2. in an occupation with a skill level above “D” as defined by the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
3. legally in the country concerned.

The following experience, which respects the aforementioned conditions, is recognized:

1. experience that was acquired full time or part time in remunerated jobs
2. full-time or part-time work internships as part of an apprenticeship, training or specialization recognized by a diploma, both remunerated and non-remunerated.

As above, nowhere does it state that my work experience has to be related to my degree.

2009 List of Areas of Training

The 2009 List of areas of training (PDF, 224 Kb) is intended to identify candidates who have earned diplomas or degrees in areas with good medium-term job prospects. It is compiled with particular regard to Québec job market requirements. The diploma or degree must have been obtained in the five years previous to applying for a Québec Selection Certificate (QSC). If this is not the case, the applicant must have worked for at least one year out of the five years in question in a field directly related to the diploma or degree obtained and for which assessment is being made. My diploma was received in July 2010 therefore it is not necessary that I have work experience related to this diploma.

bluecougar26

Star Member
Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
26-04-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-09-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
20-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2012
montreal789 said:
Thanks for the insight! I don't believe work experience should be directly related to the degree. It only matters if your degree is under the 'list of training areas". In this case, work experience should be directly related to your diploma if your degree is more than 5 years old.

Work experience

Recognized experience
The work experience by a skilled worker candidate must have been acquired:

1. in the five years preceding the date of submission of an application for a selection certificate
2. in an occupation with a skill level above “D” as defined by the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
3. legally in the country concerned.

The following experience, which respects the aforementioned conditions, is recognized:

1. experience that was acquired full time or part time in remunerated jobs
2. full-time or part-time work internships as part of an apprenticeship, training or specialization recognized by a diploma, both remunerated and non-remunerated.

As above, nowhere does it state that my work experience has to be related to my degree.

2009 List of Areas of Training

The 2009 List of areas of training (PDF, 224 Kb) is intended to identify candidates who have earned diplomas or degrees in areas with good medium-term job prospects. It is compiled with particular regard to Québec job market requirements. The diploma or degree must have been obtained in the five years previous to applying for a Québec Selection Certificate (QSC). If this is not the case, the applicant must have worked for at least one year out of the five years in question in a field directly related to the diploma or degree obtained and for which assessment is being made. My diploma was received in July 2010 therefore it is not necessary that I have work experience related to this diploma.
Don't take this the wrong way. I don't have anything to backup this claim, but if you are trying to use your Pharmaceutical degree as leverage to immigrate to Quebec under an area that enjoys certain preferences or privileges you should at least consider having acquired relevant experience in that area of work.

Think objectively, you want Quebec to let you in so you can practice your given profession, for which they have a definite need as evidenced by having it listed under the Preferred Areas of Training. However when you arrive, you can't start work on this given profession because you have no relevant experience in the field. I know the website doesn't explicitly mention that the required experience needs to be in the field for which you apply directly, unless your degree is older that 5 years. But I think that the occupation must be with a skill level above “D” under the same category of the degree for which you want to be considered.

Check this matrix: http: // www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/html/Matrix. html

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am from India and going to put up the file soon. But i do have some doubts.

1) How long the Bank Draft should be valid?
2) Notarized copy does that mean True copy of documents?

Thanks

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harit79 said:
I am from India and going to put up the file soon. But i do have some doubts.

1) How long the Bank Draft should be valid? The bank draft should be valid for 6 months (Most of the bank's
draft are valid for 6 months from their issuing date)

2) Notarized copy does that mean True copy of documents? It means that your photocopy should be
Notarized from the public Notary, so you can say that it is legally true copy of your originals certi.

Thanks

Yogie

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yogie said:
Thanks for quick response yogie.

I will take copy of my original documents and do the true copy of that documents.
My uncle is Manager in Municple Corporation and he has rights to do the True copy, Will it be fine?