QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harit79 said:
Thanks for quick response yogie.

I will take copy of my original documents and do the true copy of that documents.
My uncle is Manager in Municple Corporation and he has rights to do the True copy, Will it be fine? No, you must have to be Notarized that copy from public Notary.
Yogie

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
harit79 said:
I will take copy of my original documents and do the true copy of that documents.
My uncle is Manager in Municple Corporation and he has rights to do the True copy, Will it be fine?
Harit, Public Notaries and gazetted officers can attest it for you.

onelove

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
august 15,2010
AOR Received.
august 29,2010
vibez_well said:
Harit, Public Notaries and gazetted officers can attest it for you.
when is the nest quarter of the year?

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
montreal789 said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my CSQ request was DENIED!!!!!! Bummer, bummer, bummer, bummer :- (Sorry dear friend, lets quickly run through your file and determine if there is possibility of a postive administrative review)

I didn't score enough points. (let us know your total points) They didn't award me any points for working experience, although I have over 5 years, professional working experience. They did not specify why they didn't award me any points. It said somewhere on the letter that the skill level should be above "D". And I for sure meet and exceed that skill level (Are you sure of this claim? Did you compare you duties with a related job title on the hrsdc website? You will earn points here even if you are underqualified for the position but not when you are overqualified.. Just to inform you I provided all work certificates including employment contracts, tax contributions, pay stubs, you name it!

Secondly, I applied with two diplomas - Bachelor of Science in Biology and Diploma in Pharmacy Technician. They gave me 10/12 points for my bachelor's education. Diploma in Pharmacy Technician is under the "2009 list of training areas" so I should have scored 12/16 points - Are you sure your diploma is an exact match of the one offered in Quebec? How long did it take you to obtain this diploma? Did you submit your transcript? This is very important as your transcript will be compared against that of a similar diploma (if any) in Quebec. They did not award me any points for this diploma - i sincerely feel the diploma you provided is not related to theirs and that was why they decided to work with your degree. I'm thinking that they only looked at the "higher" degree. - yea that was exactly what they did ... they will automatically evaluate the area of training that will give you most points, in this case Biology as we can deduce from the result.

So, I have the option of requesting administrative review of my file if I believe that an error was made. I would like some explanation as of why they did not consider my work experience or diploma in Pharmacy Tech before I consider reapplying in the future.

I have been working for an NGO as a program coordinator and program manager for the last 5 years. - It is really strange that you were not awarded full points for experience as managerial job is of course not below skill level D and also the area of experience must not be directly related to your area of training for you to earn marks here unless they did what they did because they could not find a close match of your line of duties on the NOC database ... it beats my imagination really!

Sorry, that I have to share this news but it may help some of you. If you have any insight as to why they didn't award these points, please let me know.

Kindly clear the grey areas highlighted above and revert. I strongly believe you should be able to file a successful administrative review.

Good luck

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
The diploma was obviously not considered. Most likely the equivalent in Quebec would give you less points than Biology and that was why they considered your degree instead.

You need to convince them that your diploma is equivalent to Pharmacy Technology Diploma in Quebec and that way you can earn your full points for area of Training. You do not even need to show any related experience in this area since the diploma was obtained less than five years ago.

As for experience, i believe you should be able to claim your points easily. You only need to write a strongly worded cover letter with very valid points and also include all possible work documents including but not limited to Pay slip, Salary account statement, Social Insurance contribution history, letter of employment, letter of reference from your employer etc

Good luck

montreal789 said:
Thanks.
I received my diploma in 2010 and it should be related to the “Pharmacy Technical Assistant”. I received this diploma in the USA. i provided my diploma and transcripts.

These are the comments they made on area of training for my Biology degree:

Domaine de formation: aucun point accorde a ce critere sur une possibilite de 16 pts. La candidate n'a pas travaille dans Ie secteur de la biologie au cours des cinq dernieres annees.

If they considered my pharm diploma, they would have commented on why it was not recognized. Which makes me believe that they only look at one diploma.

Jayant

Jul 29, 2011
Hello friends..

I am an Indian Resident and m planning for Quebec PR. I have completed my B.Com Degree and also M.Com (Part I) and wanting for results of M.Com (Part II), I have also done software course(GNIIT) along with my graduation, from a private institution NIIT.

I have been working with a navigation Company since last 2 years as Geographic Technician (GIS) (viz totaly unrelated from What I studied)

My consultant told me that I need to Get a fake Accounting Experience for 2 yrs rarther than that of GIS as such designation is unpopular and by showing the experience in Accounting field my application wil be considered, else it will be dificult..

Don't know what to Do Plz help...

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
bluecougar26 said:
One slight correction, in you original post you indicated that you received the following points for education and area of training: 10/12. If you check the Quebec Immigration page carefully you will find the 2009 list of Areas of Training that qualify for immigration purposes. However you will also find a 2009 PREFERRED list of areas of training. Biology is not on the PREFERRED areas of training but it is in the list of areas of training with a score of 6 points.

Pharmaceutical Technicians is on the PREFERRED list with a score of 12 points. So, apparently your application was indeed reviewed correctly with this degree. The problems seems that the work experience is not related to this area of training, therefore you can't claim any points for it - This is obviously not correct as you can claim points for experience whether it is related to your area of training or not. The only clause is that it must be a skill level above D on NOC classification scale and also the worker must not be over qualified for the position but the worker can be underqualified. Always get your facts right before posting to avoid confusing others that may be reading.

Hope this helps.

darshmodi

Nov 11, 2010
Ahmedabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Merci beaucoup egrace
But can u tell me that how will come to know for my interview and when i will be informed?
egrace62 said:
well since u obviously are not a priority case u might begin to expect the last quarter of the year.... i hope i av not burst ur bubbles?

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
onelove said:
when is the nest quarter of the year?
darshmodi said:
Merci beaucoup egrace
But can u tell me that how will come to know for my interview and when i will be informed?
Guess you were referring to this reply... The last quarter of the year is from oct-dec ! :)

b.indiano68

May 28, 2011
Does anybody know as how long it may take these days by Hong Kong BIQ, to open the file in order to assess the credentials and inform the applicant whether points are insufficient or the application is in queue assuming the fact that AOR is received withing a month after initial application.

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
@ egrace and other friends,

What will happen if someone has QSW program case meanwhile applies to PNP ? Is it possible two have to case at the same time?

Thanks

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
b.indiano68 said:
Does anybody know as how long it may take these days by Hong Kong BIQ, to open the file in order to assess the credentials and inform the applicant whether points are insufficient or the application is in queue assuming the fact that AOR is received withing a month after initial application.
If you have received your AOR then it may take 1-2 months to be informed if anything is missing, In case everything is complete and your file doesn't have any problem it may take very long time now to be informed about place or date of interview or application is in queue. In my case it has already taken nearly 10 months but still nothing.

Good luck

manoylo_bg

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Belgrade
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2010(QSW) - 05-05-2010(Federal)
Nomination.....
31-03-2011 CSQ received
AOR Received.
28-07-2010 (QSW)
Med's Request
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
31-03-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Maybe September :)
FINALLY!

Please provide this office with your original passport in order that immigrant visas may be affixed in the passport.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!!!!!!

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
@monoylo,

Congratulation for your PRR , and wish you a wonderful life in Quebec.

Good luck

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
manoylo_bg said:
FINALLY!

Please provide this office with your original passport in order that immigrant visas may be affixed in the passport.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!!!!!!
Excellent news ! congrats :)