U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
Elkevdh said:
Maybe a silly question... But can you fill out the application forms by hand? Or do you have to fill them out on computer and print them afterwards? :D
It's not written anywhere, but it would be stupid if they'd reject my application for filling it out by hand, I guess... :)
Yes you can fill your application by hand. However, i personally suggest you fill it out electronically as it will be more visible and clear to read compared to handwriting (unless you have a very neat penmanship ;) ). This is what the guide to filling up forms suggested as well in CIC's website. Plus, when you do it online, it will prompt you if you missed filling out something, so it's another good thing too ;)

destCAD

Aug 17, 2011
Pittsburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal North America
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2011-09-29
AOR Received.
2011-11-16
Med's Request
2013-10-11
Med's Done....
2013-11-25
Interview........
2013-06-14
Received CSQ on Friday June 14th 2013 @ New York, 26th One Rockefeller Center.

Thanks one and all for all the valuable information you brought here in to these forums. You have all been a great guiding force in this process. Its not over yet.. we just completed the CSQ interview.

The interview lasted for 45 mins. Mostly in 90% English. We practiced alot, but nervousness didn't allow our French to surface.

We entered the building at about 3 PM, our interview was at 3:30 PM. I were already in the building security system, so getting in was not a hassle.

We waiting in the searing area, looking at some of the brochures, newsletters pertaining to Quebec and also fixing our appearances once in a while...lol

At sharp 3:30 PM the IO came and we greeted "Bonjour" .. and he lead us in to his office.

Though we greeted the Immigration Officer (IO) in French, he was very sure, we are not very well versed in French, also I rated myself as Basic 2. So he said we will the interview in English.

I kept saying to him, we practiced French and we can answer a few questions in French, he quickly asked a question..i think he said
" which color is my shirt " and I didn't grasp that...however my wife, understood the sentence as she paid very close attention to the sound and replied back in French.

IO was certainly pleased to hear one of us was able to converse with him..even though a little bit. He then said...no worries we will continue in English.

Asked me to show the below documents

Passports,
Employment Verification Letter, (I got one particularly addressing the IO)
H1 Petition approval - 797 documents

The IO later checked the US H1 Visa stamp on our passports and pointed out to the expiry date in July 2013.

I told him "I'm going to complete 6 years in US very shortly, and will be going back to India. I haven't planned any immigration in US and also told him US immigration is right very much messed up. Some people who applied in 2000 are still in queue for their Green Card."

I gave a comparision of India and Quebec. pros and cons etc. He said " Since your H1 tenure is coming to an end, you are apply for Quebec right ?" for which i replied " not really, Quebec is new land, new set opportunities, rich in natural resources, less pollution etc..." then he went to typing stuff on his computer.

I also went on to say, during my secondary schooling, I had French for two years, showed him the marks i got and how I learned about French culture right then and how I became fascinated with it.

My son who was on my wife lap, was already snoring by now, The IO pointed out the same. He said he two kids and acknowledged how its going to be with kids.

He then moved on to question my wife, her background, work experience. My wife is a home maker. Her background is B.E in Electronics and telematics, She is on a h4 visa since 2008, we also expressed to him that even though my wife worked for three years in India, she was unable to do so in U.S being a dependent. That was one more reason we wanted to immigrate to Quebec, so that both of us can work.

I purposefully showed him some of my employment research, he was pleased to note the emails. Also, i showed my attempts to learn French, emails exchange with Alliance Francias, their inability to arrange for a tutor since Nov 2011 etc.
Showed my app that has Pimsleur French in it.

Later he said, say if i grant you CSQ right now, will be going back to India, and later coming back to Quebec once your application is Federal approved ? for which we said yes.

Then in his plain voice he said the gold words " I am granting you the CSQ ". We were relieved to hear those words, but were looking normal.

IO also asked if the place we lived was as much noisy as out there..(NY). We said its not as noisy as NY City, but a peaceful and less noisy place.

IO asked how long it took to drive up to NY City from our place, for which I said 6 hours. And he asked if my kid was okay with the long drive, for which I replied he was very patient all along and he definitely deserves a treat after all this.

He then printed a few papers and gave it us and said these are you CSQ papers one for each of you..bcos in Quebec we believe in equality between both genders.

We then stood up to leave, IO lead us out of the room.

Hope that helps. Thanks again.

alq814

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
destCAD said:

Thanks one and all for all the valuable information you brought here in to these forums. You have all been a great guiding force in this process. Its not over yet.. we just completed the CSQ interview.

The interview lasted for 45 mins. Mostly in 90% English. We practiced alot, but nervousness didn't allow our French to surface.

We entered the building at about 3 PM, our interview was at 3:30 PM. I were already in the building security system, so getting in was not a hassle.

We waiting in the searing area, looking at some of the brochures, newsletters pertaining to Quebec and also fixing our appearances once in a while...lol

At sharp 3:30 PM the IO came and we greeted "Bonjour" .. and he lead us in to his office.

Though we greeted the Immigration Officer (IO) in French, he was very sure, we are not very well versed in French, also I rated myself as Basic 2. So he said we will the interview in English.

I kept saying to him, we practiced French and we can answer a few questions in French, he quickly asked a question..i think he said
" which color is my shirt " and I didn't grasp that...however my wife, understood the sentence as she paid very close attention to the sound and replied back in French.

IO was certainly pleased to hear one of us was able to converse with him..even though a little bit. He then said...no worries we will continue in English.

Passports,

The IO later checked the US H1 Visa stamp on our passports and pointed out to the expiry date in July 2013.

I told him "I'm going to complete 6 years in US very shortly, and will be going back to India. I haven't planned any immigration in US and also told him US immigration is right very much messed up. Some people who applied in 2000 are still in queue for their Green Card."

I gave a comparision of India and Quebec. pros and cons etc. He said " Since your H1 tenure is coming to an end, you are apply for Quebec right ?" for which i replied " not really, Quebec is new land, new set opportunities, rich in natural resources, less pollution etc..." then he went to typing stuff on his computer.

I also went on to say, during my secondary schooling, I had French for two years, showed him the marks i got and how I learned about French culture right then and how I became fascinated with it.

My son who was on my wife lap, was already snoring by now, The IO pointed out the same. He said he two kids and acknowledged how its going to be with kids.

He then moved on to question my wife, her background, work experience. My wife is a home maker. Her background is B.E in Electronics and telematics, She is on a h4 visa since 2008, we also expressed to him that even though my wife worked for three years in India, she was unable to do so in U.S being a dependent. That was one more reason we wanted to immigrate to Quebec, so that both of us can work.

I purposefully showed him some of my employment research, he was pleased to note the emails. Also, i showed my attempts to learn French, emails exchange with Alliance Francias, their inability to arrange for a tutor since Nov 2011 etc.

Later he said, say if i grant you CSQ right now, will be going back to India, and later coming back to Quebec once your application is Federal approved ? for which we said yes.

Then in his plain voice he said the gold words " I am granting you the CSQ ". We were relieved to hear those words, but were looking normal.

IO also asked if the place we lived was as much noisy as out there..(NY). We said its not as noisy as NY City, but a peaceful and less noisy place.

IO asked how long it took to drive up to NY City from our place, for which I said 6 hours. And he asked if my kid was okay with the long drive, for which I replied he was very patient all along and he definitely deserves a treat after all this.

He then printed a few papers and gave it us and said these are you CSQ papers one for each of you..bcos in Quebec we believe in equality between both genders.

Thank you very much for your post. A big CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family! I hope your kids got their treat after the interview lol

May i ask what is your profile: AOT, file submitted, Visa Office, AOR received? Thanks.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thats fantasitic , your really lucky and he was kind, since you didnt lie he grant your csq , it came at the right time b4 your visa expire

destCAD said:

cindy18

Jun 24, 2013
Hello!

Good day!

Has anyone here tried in applying as a common-law partnership under qsw?
Have you given a csq?

Thank you so much for the reply..

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
destCAD said:

Passports,

Many congratulations to you for getting CSQ and wish you all the best for Federal process.
Indeed you are very lucky.

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
Bonjour!

What could be the points for following DELF score?

A1:20, 19, 17.5, 8.5

A2:10, 11.5, 5, 13.5

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mdammalli said:
Bonjour!

What could be the points for following DELF score?

A1:20, 19, 17.5, 8.5

A2:10, 11.5, 5, 13.5
You have not mentioned the module names, You have less than 16 marks in A2 in all 4 modules, so your listening and speaking marks are also less than 16, so you get 2 points.

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
grande_folie said:
You have not mentioned the module names, You have less than 16 marks in A2 in all 4 modules, so your listening and speaking points are also less than 16, so you get 2 points.
Even I too dont know the module names.. But at least I wanted to confirm that 2 points should be given for this score. Thanks anyways.

yousuf_bangash

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Mar-2011
Doc's Request.
11-Jul-2014
AOR Received.
12-Apr-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Your A2 results are showing that your are not qualifying for DELF A2 diploma. Now needs Module wise Breakup of Points to asses how many points you can get for DELF A1.

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
Tiki said:
If someone can help....how many points you get for QSW French A1?

Regards/
For A1 you get 2 points in total since there's one point for listening and speaking parts.

Tiki

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Ievgen said:
For A1 you get 2 points in total since there's one point for listening and speaking parts.
Thanks Ievgen,just asked that my wife got A1 on TEFaQ and I got B1 on both on TEFaQ,and I needed the score....many thanks!!

checkit

Jun 22, 2013
I had applied for QSC in march 2013 with myself as principal applicant along with spouse as co applicant
Have B.E. in Mechanical engineering from India which appeared in the list of occupations of 12-16 points
The application was returned back last month . From what I understood after translation of the letter was that the reason for rejection for me (principal applicant) is that my work experience is not in the field of diploma , in the last five years , which is true. Agreed that was something that I overlooked originally while applying.My bad.

However, for my spouse they had mentioned that proof Legality of employment was not provided and hence application is returned back. Her occupation also appears in the list of 12-16 points and she does have relevant experience in her field CODE C018. No other reasons given for either me or my spouse

In this regard can we reapply with myself still as principal applicant and provide my spouses proof of legality of employment.

or can we reapply with my spouse as the primary applicant and with myself as the co applicant ? or Is there any other way for us to reapply ?

Quebec immigration site mentions that either you or your spouse should be holding a diploma listed under 12-16 points

At this point I also would like to know the meanings of the ticks against Diplôme
étranger and Diplôme du
Québec
(ou équivalent). I have used translation services but it would help if someone could reaffirm my understanding

Thanks in advance . Would sincerely appreciate your feedbacks

Hello all , I was looking for some replies/guidance on my situation above. Thanks again

dejvis

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
checkit said:
Hello all , I was looking for some replies/guidance on my situation above. Thanks again
@ checkit i think the best is to reapply as principal applicant who can prove the egality of employment in your case your wife ,,,but you should take in consideration another important factor the level of french that gives to the principal applicant a maximum of 16 points ,,,hurry up because the 31 july is coming and who knows what is gonna happen with new rules ,,,my file also was rejected because our diploma were'nt accepted to apply and i am waiting for better changes :( i wish you good luck :)