QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Neetu

neetu1 said:
It depends from where you got the degree all foreign degrees obtained from outside of Quebec are mostly not considered to be equivalent to Quebec degree. I heard some of the degrees obtained from France are considered to be equivalent to Quebec degree(all other are foreign degrees)

ken99

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Dear All,

I am planning to apply for CSQ, while filling the application form, I countered below question of Main csq form;

8. Are you the holder of one or several of the following diplomas (check the appropriate boxes: see instructions)
Diploma or training recognized as equivalent by a Québec regulatory body (with the exception of a diploma in medicine)

I have done MBA and BBA from Pakistan, what should i check/tick? yes or no? is my diploma automatically equivalant by Quebec regulatory body?

Regards

Ken

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
ken99 said:
Dear All,

I am planning to apply for CSQ, while filling the application form, I countered below question of Main csq form;

8. Are you the holder of one or several of the following diplomas (check the appropriate boxes: see instructions)
Diploma or training recognized as equivalent by a Québec regulatory body (with the exception of a diploma in medicine)

I have done MBA and BBA from Pakistan, what should i check/tick? yes or no? is my diploma automatically equivalant by Quebec regulatory body?

Regards

Ken
No dear i guess no this is only related to Quebec

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
"Une connaissance approfondie du français sera valorisée dans la sélection des personnes immigrantes et des moyens seront mis en œuvre pour faciliter leur apprentissage de la langue avant même leur arrivée au Québec. Aussi, la francisation des personnes immigrantes déjà établies au Québec sera renforcée, notamment au moyen de nouveaux outils d'apprentissage." -ministre Diane De Courcy.

A thorough knowledge of French will be valued in the selection of immigrants and means will be implemented to facilitate language learning even before their arrival in Québec. Also, francization of immigrants already established in Quebec will be strengthened, including through new learning tools. - ministre Diane De Courcy.

http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/presse/communiques/com20130312.html

This came out yesterday. I was looking into all proposed changes including in-province and immigration and they are part of "project of law 14" which has not been voted or passed yet, we are a few days away from March 31 and no changes have been announced yet, do you people think that no changes will be made and selection criteria will remain the same as 2012 meaning that a high level of French will not be required as we have been hearing lately?

wingsofmaybe7777

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/04/2011 Federal
Nomination.....
CSQ received 04/04/2011
AOR Received.
09/05/2011 Federal
IELTS Request
NR
File Transfer...
NR
Med's Request
25/05/2011
Med's Done....
30/05/2011
Passport Req..
26/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/09/2011
For anybody wanting to immigrate to Canada through Quebec Skilled Worker program, I invite you to look into and take advantage of a Working Holiday Visa program, which is another (faster) way to become a permanent resident :)

Wings :)

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
wingsofmaybe7777 said:
For anybody wanting to immigrate to Canada through Quebec Skilled Worker program, I invite you to look into and take advantage of a Working Holiday Visa program, which is another (faster) way to become a permanent resident :)

thanks
It is good to see you write here again

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hey wings,
Nice to see you back in the forum thread, which is actually started by you... And see today it reached to the length of 1163 pages... :) :) :)

Many many thanks dude for this..
Hope you are now settled in your life @ quebec.
:)
I am really interested to know about this new option which u suggested in your post.

Pls help us with more details and links for this.

Keep in touch buddy ! :)

wingsofmaybe7777 said:

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi master7,
Pls read below post: we can't predict changes, but at least we can make gueses :)

mkshah said:
hi MSFK,
well, changes cannot be predicted by anyone till it is declared. :)
Some guesses I can make based on latest changes in FSW as well as in QSW.

There may be list of eligible NOC / AOT such as in FSW. Applicants having these NOC / AOT can only apply. Also this list may be of very limited number of NOC / AOT.
There may be more stricter rules for language proficiency. As it is now clear that min B2 level of french proficiency is required for qsw applicant.

Interview may not be required in most of the cases, if applicant is reaching to threshold cut off points such as in FSW, csq will be given straight-way.

Any changes can be made by them, these are just wild guesses based on latest changes in immigration system.

If your AOT is falling in eligible list of 16 pts, 12 pts, or 6 pts, you must speed up your application and submit it before 31st March.

No one knows, if they bring a further extension to pause of QSW application intake after 31st March.

Dont submit incomplete application, else they will return ur entire application package.
Master7 said:
"Une connaissance approfondie du français sera valorisée dans la sélection des personnes immigrantes et des moyens seront mis en œuvre pour faciliter leur apprentissage de la langue avant même leur arrivée au Québec. Aussi, la francisation des personnes immigrantes déjà établies au Québec sera renforcée, notamment au moyen de nouveaux outils d'apprentissage." -ministre Diane De Courcy.

A thorough knowledge of French will be valued in the selection of immigrants and means will be implemented to facilitate language learning even before their arrival in Québec. Also, francization of immigrants already established in Quebec will be strengthened, including through new learning tools. - ministre Diane De Courcy.

This came out yesterday. I was looking into all proposed changes including in-province and immigration and they are part of "project of law 14" which has not been voted or passed yet, we are a few days away from March 31 and no changes have been announced yet, do you people think that no changes will be made and selection criteria will remain the same as 2012 meaning that a high level of French will not be required as we have been hearing lately?

ken99

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Dear SignalMaker bundle of thx.

I have checked no to this question.
I have one more confusion about question no.9 that states about training(12 to 16 Points) and (6 Points), as you know I have done BBA(Bachelor of Business Administration) and MBA(Master of Business Administration) but I am doing job as a Bank Manager for last 8 years, now guide me, where should I check? Business Management(which falls under 12 points) or Business Administration(which falls under 6 points)?
will they give me points for my MBA or Bank Manager job?

Regards

Ken

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
ken99 said:
Dear SignalMaker bundle of thx.

I have checked no to this question.
I have one more confusion about question no.9 that states about training(12 to 16 Points) and (6 Points), as you know I have done BBA(Bachelor of Business Administration) and MBA(Master of Business Administration) but I am doing job as a Bank Manager for last 8 years, now guide me, where should I check? Business Management(which falls under 12 points) or Business Administration(which falls under 6 points)?
will they give me points for my MBA or Bank Manager job?

Regards

Ken
Hello Ken,

Please note that in case you want to ensure you take the maximum points of Area of training, your job description MUST be identical to the job description standard in Canada which is defined by the NOC, please see below link :

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/pdf/PrintableVersionNOC2011.pdf

and check well, and by the way, a branch mannager of a Bank may not be in Buisness Management, i am not sure please check and if you have any questions feel free to send me to my inbox.

Good luck,

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Master7 said:

Yea right. You can see the video also. Please follow the link given below:

http://pq.org/actualite/videos/diane_de_courcy_explique_le_projet_de_loi_14

red.mystry

Star Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2012
mkshah said:
Hey wings,
Nice to see you back in the forum thread, which is actually started by you... And see today it reached to the length of 1163 pages... :) :) :)

Many many thanks dude for this..
Hope you are now settled in your life @ quebec.
:)
I am really interested to know about this new option which u suggested in your post.

Pls help us with more details and links for this.

Keep in touch buddy ! :)
I am sorry to say this option is not available for INDIANS :(

http://www.international.gc.ca/experience/intro_incoming-intro_entrant.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Hoback

Apr 27, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
U024
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent upfront
Nomination.....
5-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with file
Med's Request
Sent upfront
Med's Done....
Sent upfront
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
In Canada since 22-08-2013
I have submitted my application for Working Holiday and have to admit, file processing speed is very acceptable. Take a look at my timeline:

Application filed: 18-02-2013
Participation Fees and Proof of Payment: 19-02-2013
Conditional Letter of Acceptance: 24-02-2013
CIC (Citizenshi and immigration):Request letter Proof of funds: 5-03-2013
Final decision: Pending

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
oops.. :(
Why Indians are not allowed... :eek: :eek:
Any specific reasons ????

And what if I migrate to any other country allowed for this option... And then apply for
holidaymaker visa of Canada... Will I become eligible??

Very strange :(
red.mystry said:
I am sorry to say this option is not available for INDIANS :(

http://www.international.gc.ca/experience/intro_incoming-intro_entrant.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
CSQ 16/8/2013 PR 01/04/2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
No passport request visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
Just got my TEFaQ results

Compréhension orale niveau 5 C1
Expression orale niveau 6 C2

Not bad for an English guy. SOOOOOO happy max points!!!