+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

ken99

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Dear SignalMaker,

Do I have to submit an apendice form A-0521-CA (Declaration by spouse or defecto spouse) while it is already attached to form A-0520-AA (Application for selection certificate-Skilled worker) and I filled it, there was not any difference between the attached declaration and additional appendice, so please guide me.

Do my spouse have to submit form A-0522-OA (Contract Respecting Financial Self-Sufficiency) while I have filled it being a Principal Applicant, please guide in this regard too.

Thx bro in advance

Regards

Ken

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
ken99 said:
Dear SignalMaker,

Do I have to submit an apendice form A-0521-CA (Declaration by spouse or defecto spouse) while it is already attached to form A-0520-AA (Application for selection certificate-Skilled worker) and I filled it, there was not any difference between the attached declaration and additional appendice, so please guide me.

Do my spouse have to submit form A-0522-OA (Contract Respecting Financial Self-Sufficiency) while I have filled it being a Principal Applicant, please guide in this regard too.

Thx bro in advance

Regards

Ken
Hey Ken,

About financial sufficiency only the principal applicant version should be signed by TWO applicants, but about your first Question i am not sure, as Versions of applications varies from time to time, please send me a reminder to my inbox with your question and i will read the applications for you.

Thank you.

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those people, who are waiting for numéro de dossier for last 3-4 months. There is one official announcement in Québec website:

"Please note that the Ministère is applying new rules for the intake of applications for the Québec Selection Certificate (CSQ). From now on, several verifications will have to be done before a file can be opened. In this context, the Ministère has suspended its 30-day commitment to send a letter confirming that a new file has been opened.

If your file meets the conditions for submitting an application, a letter confirming that your file has been opened will be sent to you within 4 to 6 months."

Source: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/immigration-application/index.html

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
grande_folie said:
For those people, who are waiting for numéro de dossier for last 3-4 months. There is one official announcement in Québec website:

"Please note that the Ministère is applying new rules for the intake of applications for the Québec Selection Certificate (CSQ). From now on, several verifications will have to be done before a file can be opened. In this context, the Ministère has suspended its 30-day commitment to send a letter confirming that a new file has been opened.

If your file meets the conditions for submitting an application, a letter confirming that your file has been opened will be sent to you within 4 to 6 months."

Source: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/immigration-application/index.html

"From now on, several verifications will have to be done before a file can be opened"

Could this mean less or no interviews?

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Master7 said:
"From now on, several verifications will have to be done before a file can be opened"

I don't know exactly, what verification they will do. But i think they will check the file properly before sending the file number because according to present rules, they can't process the files of all the sections of training list.

dez

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
AOR Received.
3/07/12
Master7 said:

I'm not sure how exactly 'new' this rule is. Maybe it depends with individual BIQs coz Paris carried out présélection (paper screening) before sending out file number. In any case 4-6 month wait is still 'reasonable' considering the average at BIQ paris is (was?) 8 months! It's incredible to think there are those who actually got their file numbers after 30 days. Is it actually true btw?

As for the implications, here's to hoping you're right and there will indeed be less interviews ;D :D

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dez said:
I'm not sure exactly how 'new' this rule is. Maybe it depends with individual BIQs coz Paris carried out présélection (paper screening) before sending out file number. In any case 4-6 month wait is still 'reasonable' considering the average at BIQ paris is (was?) 8 months! It's incredible to think there are those who actually got their file numbers after 30 days. Is it actually true btw?

As for the implications, here's to hoping you're right and there will indeed be less interviews ;D :D
yes, people who applied to BIQ hongkong got file number within 40-50 days. But now, things have changed in BIQ Hongkong also.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please note that the Ministère is applying new rules for the intake of applications for the Québec Selection Certificate (CSQ). From now on, several verifications will have to be done before a file can be opened. In this context, the Ministère has suspended its 30-day commitment to send a letter confirming that a new file has been opened.

If your file meets the conditions for submitting an application, a letter confirming that your file has been opened will be sent to you within 4 to 6 months.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/dcs-workers/index.html

puneet28

Mar 7, 2013
We have used any LAST NAME while applying (actually no LAST NAME in any of certificates or Passport)

Does that make any issue for applying for Quebec ?

Is that the reason that we haven't received AOR for application sent to BIQ Honkong in 31 August which reached there on 6th september.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi,
My application was received by BIQ HK on 31-oct-11 and I got AOR dated 11-nov-11. It took almost 40 days at that time for me to get AOR.

But now situation has changed for new applicant.

I think this new rule regarding verification can be something related to "background checks" done in FSW.

So, if it is like that way, then chances of getting interview waiver will be much higher.

grande_folie said:
yes, people who applied to BIQ hongkong got file number within 40-50 days. But now, things have changed in BIQ Hongkong also.

kuro_shio

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Nomination.....
CSQ 04-12-2014
AOR Received.
BIQ 22-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-04-2015
Med's Request
05-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
Master7 said:

I don't think anyone will get waiver of interview unless they have enough points to do so ie 55/63.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
GENTLEANDREW said:
Please note that the Ministère is applying new rules for the intake of applications for the Québec Selection Certificate (CSQ). From now on, several verifications will have to be done before a file can be opened. In this context, the Ministère has suspended its 30-day commitment to send a letter confirming that a new file has been opened.

If your file meets the conditions for submitting an application, a letter confirming that your file has been opened will be sent to you within 4 to 6 months.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/dcs-workers/index.html
That simply means giving the file number would mean approval, so they are making more checks, like the checks they make after file number and before interview.