13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
nevillek said:
I invested 1.5 yrs in learning French and have DELF B1. And I can't go federal unless I study and get a work permit. Thanks for your reply :)
Ohh... in that case then Quebec is OK. Like I said "only if your French is weak" B1 is a very good level. The only problem now is wait for your AOT to open again; but why don't you wait until May and apply federal when it is expected to open again? though, I am not sure what your AOT is and you may face the same problem federal.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Master7 said:
Ohh... in that case then Quebec is OK. Like I said "only if your French is weak" B1 is a very good level. The only problem now is wait for your AOT to open again; but why don't you wait until May and apply federal when it is expected to open again? though, I am not sure what your AOT is and you may face the same problem federal.
My occupation is NOT listed in the high-demand occupations in federal category. It's either Quebec or a study-permit for anywhere in Canada. And for Quebec, I have to wait 2+ years to just get there.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
nevillek said:
My occupation is NOT listed in the high-demand occupations in federal category. It's either Quebec or a study-permit for anywhere in Canada. And for Quebec, I have to wait 2+ years to just get there.
If you are a single applicant and score more that 55pts, you have Mid-French and your AOT is on group A,B or C priority list then processing times should be much less than that for QSW. Good luck, just think it over and decide what is best for you.

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Master7 said:
If you are a single applicant and score more that 55pts, you have Mid-French and your AOT is on group A,B or C priority list then processing times should be much less than that for QSW. Good luck, just think it over and decide what is best for you.
Hey, I don't know, I recently read somewhere that all NOCs should open with acceptable skills in O A and B I can't say for sure now where i read this. but get your IELTS, maybe TEF if you want (since your french is good. you might as well get points for french since you've invested a lot in it already) start preparing your federal application.

There is really no guarantee that after March 31st, Quebec will be so easy a choice for everyone.
just my 2 cents.

Janki

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
Nomination.....
Csq August 16
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
IELTS Request
not given
File Transfer...
Federal applied on 1st September got Aor 6th December 16
Med's Request
29th December 16
Med's Done....
2nd Jan 17
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Waiting
URGENT QUERY,

I am applying from QSW from India and I saw change that nowonwards we need to send applications to Montreal.

I want to know method of payment for Montreal office.
Hongkong office was not accepting payment through Credit Card.
Do montreal office accepts payment through Credit Card?

Please help.

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
guyz i have few questions.

1. Is quebec immigration still open?
2. my friend has a masters degree in Information technology. is this included in list of prefrred trainings? and if yes how many points would she get?
3. what are the other new rules and regulations?

thanks in advance

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
angeleye said:
guyz i have few questions.

1. Is quebec immigration still open?
2. my friend has a masters degree in Information technology. is this included in list of prefrred trainings? and if yes how many points would she get?
3. what are the other new rules and regulations?

thanks in advance
1. it is open till some time n March, he has to have his file received before this date, unless they extend the same stuff for another year or so

2. Computer Science is considered only so make sure it is CS not IT in the name of the certificate
and he would take 6 points

3. what do you mean y new rules ? regarding what ?

Janki

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
Nomination.....
Csq August 16
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
IELTS Request
not given
File Transfer...
Federal applied on 1st September got Aor 6th December 16
Med's Request
29th December 16
Med's Done....
2nd Jan 17
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Waiting
URGENT QUERY,

I am applying from QSW from India and I saw change that nowonwards we need to send applications to Montreal.

I want to know method of payment for Montreal office.
Hongkong office was not accepting payment through Credit Card.
Do montreal office accepts payment through Credit Card?

Please help.

Raza PK

Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-13
nevillek said:
Hi guys,

I am in a fix again. As you all may be knowing, my Quebec application was returned in Nov 2012 by BIQ-HK because of my AOT not being eligible (according to them). So now my plans were to re-send the application with the correct AOT code or wait out till March when all categories re-open and re-send that time. However, since the wait time is too long, I was thinking of not depending on this application and chose to apply for a study permit instead and go study/work in Vancouver/Toronto and then apply for PR through the CEC/PNP route as well. So the Quebec application which I'd send right now would just remain as a backup plan incase I didn't get the PR through CEC/some other PNP.

However, according to this thread about Quebec immigration (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pr-i-almost-feel-scammed-t97559.0.html), the person's PR application is about to be cancelled inspite of being in it's final stage because although he had studied in Quebec, he had found a job in another province and therefore showed no intention to settle in Quebec.

I am scared that if the same thing happens to my Quebec application, it will not only affect my PR application through this category but may also affect my PR application through the CEC/PNP category and I MAY BE LEFT NOWHERE!!! What are the chances of that?

Now keeping the above incident in mind, I can just forget about Quebec and stick to the study-visa route because it's much faster but there are three problems with that:

1) I have paid US$1000 to Y-axis which they won't refund me if I withdraw the application.
2) The study-work route does not guarantee me a PR either.
3) I invested 1.5 yrs in learning French and have DELF B1.

So what do you people advice? Should I re-send my CSQ application or not?

Thanks for the advice in advance!
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Hi NevelK. In my opinion you should go for study option (if you can afford financially). Because you have already been refused and if you go again for Quebec, they will treat you as a refused applicant and I dont think they will give you CSQ. And besides this you would not like to wait for 2 years. Federal is also a time taaking option. Go for study option and apply under provincial category for students. It is much faster and chances are brighter. [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

canadachocaccon

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
signalmaker said:
1. it is open till some time n March, he has to have his file received before this date, unless they extend the same stuff for another year or so

2. Computer Science is considered only so make sure it is CS not IT in the name of the certificate
and he would take 6 points

3. what do you mean y new rules ? regarding what ?
Can you explain exactly? My husband's diploma is information science but it is computer science. How can we prove that IT is CS? I saw NOC and know that computer engineer includes information systems and many other things related to information technology.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
rifiel said:
Hey, I don't know, I recently read somewhere that all NOCs should open with acceptable skills in O A and B I can't say for sure now where i read this. but get your IELTS, maybe TEF if you want (since your french is good. you might as well get points for french since you've invested a lot in it already) start preparing your federal application.

There is really no guarantee that after March 31st, Quebec will be so easy a choice for everyone.
just my 2 cents.
So there's not going to be a "x high demand occupations list anymore" for FEDERAL? Really? Where did you read this?

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
canadachocaccon said:
Can you explain exactly? My husband's diploma is information science but it is computer science. How can we prove that IT is CS? I saw NOC and know that computer engineer includes information systems and many other things related to information technology.
are you willing to send your application before March 20th ?

if the Transcript you will send, things are clear it is same of Computer Science then it would be ok.

Make sure that your application hits Montreal before the end date of the current opening which is March 21th if i am not mistaken. open area of training may change after this date.

Amirjs

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the file: 4 points. TCFQ: sent with the file: B1 - 8 points
canadachocaccon said:
Mine is Information Systems and they consider it under computer science

follow this link to see options of computer science of Concordia University
http://www.cse.concordia.ca/prospectivestudents/undergraduateprograms/programoptions/

Good Luck

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
signalmaker said:
are you willing to send your application before March 20th ?

if the Transcript you will send, things are clear it is same of Computer Science then it would be ok.

Make sure that your application hits Montreal before the end date of the current opening which is March 21th if i am not mistaken. open area of training may change after this date.
March 31st Signalmaker, to be more precise!!

liberwoman

Dec 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Chemical engineering ???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06 Oct 2011for qsw/ 19 jul12 for federal
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011/Jan 2012/7nov rfpr
Nomination.....
26Jun12 for qsw
AOR Received.
06 nov11 for qsw / 19 aug12 for federal
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
07 nov12
Med's Done....
schedule 22nov12
Interview........
26-06-2012
Passport Req..
18 jan 2013 finally only two weeks for the end of the journey
VISA ISSUED...
07 feb12
LANDED..........
not quite sure
Dear all,

Just to let u know that I received my passport request on 18jan. Will go to london thurs to drop my pp and collect it two weeks later. Cannot believe how fast the federal has been and how smooth things were. Thanks everyone. I have been a silent reader. All the best and good luck