20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
hec006 said:
yes, you are correct. only those people( and also their spouse), who has completed their degree more than 5 years before and also doesn't have experience in their academic field.. will not be able to apply, even if they have the minimum marks( including French skill, kids, stay in quebec etc.) to apply.

Also note that, people in country like india, pakistan etc. who has completed their degree in BSc., B.COM( without any master degree) in 3 years will also not be able to apply. Because, in quebec the bachelor degree takes 4 years. the degree completion time should match with Quebec for applicant or for their spouse.

In previous cases, these people were eligible to apply. I think, putting this rule, they have cut down application at least 20-30%.

The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at least equal to the number of years required to obtain that diploma in Québec.
OMG!!! My B.Com. degree was 3 years and NOT 4 years like a Bachelors degree in Quebec. So what will they do??? Are people with Bachelors degree of 3 years ineligible to apply??? :eek: :eek:

By the way, I also have an M.Com. degree of 2 years. So I have counted 12 points for the Masters as per their list but reading this rule that 'duration of Bachelors should be same as that of Bachelors in Quebec', I am getting VERY scared. If they give me only 10 points, my score will be 47 instead of 49!!! PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE!!! :(

Morays

Mar 20, 2012
Good day all,

I would like to know if I should apply under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.

Below is my profile:

1- Education

Masters of Business Administration – Duration 2 years - 2000
Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management - Duration 1 year - 1998
Bachelor of Science in Applied Accounting (from Oxford Brooke University in Association with ACCA) - 2008
Advance Diploma in Accounting - Duration 1 year (1997)
Chartered Accountant - 2001
Associate Accounting Technician - 1995
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) - 2007
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) - 2007

2 - Work Experience – 15 Years in Accounting and Auditing

3 - Age – 37 Years

4 - Language -

English – Listening (8.5) & Speaking (8.5)
French - Compréhension orale (A2) & Expression orale (B1)

5 - Stay in Quebec - 1 month

6 - Spouse's Characteristics

Spouse’s Education Level – Master’s Degree in Communication Systems Engineering (2004) - No work experience.

Spouse’s French Proficiency - Compréhension orale (A2) & Expression orale (A2)

Spouse’s Age – 31 Years

7- Children – 1 (2 years)

I am just concerned that I might not get point for my MBA considering that I did it before I got a Bachelor degree.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Anybody who have done medical and sent to ottawa office this year 2012?...PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES!!!..
When do CPP-O sent PPR & RPRF after medical is sent?

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
nevillek said:
OMG!!! My B.Com. degree was 3 years and NOT 4 years like a Bachelors degree in Quebec. So what will they do??? Are people with Bachelors degree of 3 years ineligible to apply??? :eek: :eek:

By the way, I also have an M.Com. degree of 2 years. So I have counted 12 points for the Masters as per their list but reading this rule that 'duration of Bachelors should be same as that of Bachelors in Quebec', I am getting VERY scared. If they give me only 10 points, my score will be 47 instead of 49!!! PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE!!! :(
Hello nevillek

As you have master degree, you are very fine to apply. You don't need to worry.

zyzy

Jun 29, 2012
Good day!

are we still eligble to apply even if the accompanying spouse is still currently stdying nursing?Me, as Principal applicant has Bachelor's degree in commerce major in business management(4yrs) and bachelor of science in nursing...i need your answers pls...we'll be submit our application next month...thanks

manibalan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi/Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2012
Doc's Request.
sent all docs (with notary public signed)
AOR Received.
01/07/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application when filing
File Transfer...
File transfered BIQ to Montreal - hopefully end of 2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
expecting.....
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
god only know
LANDED..........
hopefully in 201?
niravk said:
Hi Manibalan

I appeared for A1 level exam in Feb 2012 and managed to get the necessary marks (16/25) for both listening and speaking. I advise you to take up AF A1 level course. It will prepare you well for the examination. Learning french is no rocket science...just little bit of practice and developing pronunciation skills...

Start practicing for your exams before a month...use these websites (www.larousse.com) and even google translate sometime (dont depend much on google tranlsate as it translates word to word)

I did this and thought to share this with you...hope this helps..!!
Thanks Nirvak,
Yes, i am going to join Alliance francais for level A1 exam. i have 4 month for DELF exam...this time i need to practice more... the consultant says..once we got quebec certificate and PR. after stayed 2month in quebec, we can work anywhere in canada. is it true?

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi mft25,

congratulations to you friend for CSQ!
And wish you good luck for Federal part :)

Thanks for highlighting the french importance during interview... Pls can u share in detail about ur interview experience and what made u to think about this "speak french only" attitude of IO during the interview??
Thanks in advance for your responses.
mft25 said:
Hello everybody
I got the CSQ I wish the best for all I will right in detail my experience soon but I like to tell everybody if you do not French do not go we were not allowed to speak a word in English
regards

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi shay
if u check and translate U002 & U074 they both fall under managemnt studies fetchng 12-16 pts as per the link share.ths studies are equivalent to 16-17 yrs of formal education in quebec.what is surprising is the fact tht in the 4th column there is no tick mark agnst their respectve codes.

shay89 said:
Hi Niravk,

You got me worried for a minute because I recently sent my application (I have a 3 years BA degree in Management Studies) which is close to code U074, so in my application I put down code U074. Looking at the link you posted, it says 12-16 points, I think the Management/Business Degrees you are talking about are not in that list because they carry 6 points and that grid you're looking at is 12-16 points. If you look at the list that says 6 points, I'm pretty sure the Management/Business Degrees will fall in that.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Congratulations MFT25 for getting CSQ and all the best for federal part.
mft25 said:
Hello everybody
I got the CSQ I wish the best for all I will right in detail my experience soon but I like to tell everybody if you do not French do not go we were not allowed to speak a word in English
regards

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey
I was sure you'll get it ;) but your A2 level, how did you manage to do your interview in french? 8)

My interview will be so close, I can manage to speak french ;) THE OFFICER WAS ToOoOoOoooo PAITENT :eek:

So I guess you struggled to speak & understand ?

mft25 said:
Hello everybody
regards

manibalan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi/Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2012
Doc's Request.
sent all docs (with notary public signed)
AOR Received.
01/07/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application when filing
File Transfer...
File transfered BIQ to Montreal - hopefully end of 2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
expecting.....
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
god only know
LANDED..........
hopefully in 201?
mft25 said:
Hello everybody
regards
Hi mft25,

we, all are waiting for your interview experience for CSQ. Can you please share? the CSQ interview fully french only?

javeedislam

Feb 6, 2012
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
U112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2010
Doc's Request.
16 May 2014 updated on 03 Aug 2014
Nomination.....
Not yet
AOR Received.
26-04-2011
IELTS Request
03 August 2014 as well as TCFQ
File Transfer...
soon INSHALLAH
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
soon by the Grace of Allah, Inshallah
nevillek said:

Don't be worry nevillek, if you have master degree then they will count your total education and give you 10 points they consider it to the equal of Quebec's bachelor. Same as mine I have three years bachelor after that 2 years master I also was thinking that I'll get 12 points but one of my friend informed me that he got 10 points for the same case.

mft25

May 13, 2012
Amman
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman - Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2010 2nd file 12-7-2012
Nomination.....
18-11-2011 short list email
AOR Received.
17-09-2010 2nd file 18-7-2012 with UCI number
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
04-03-2014 to Bucharest
Med's Request
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Interview........
04-07-2012 i got the CSQ
Passport Req..
20-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
3-07-2015
lemans207 said:
Hey
I was sure you'll get it ;) but your A2 level, how did you manage to do your interview in french? 8)

My interview will be so close, I can manage to speak french ;) THE OFFICER WAS ToOoOoOoooo PAITENT :eek:

So I guess you struggled to speak & understand ?
Hi lemans
No I got 8 points for French in the interview she did not count on the certificate only she give points as she estimates my speak and listening ability also
wish best of luck

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks MFT25 for the update.
If you have a time can you please share your detail interview experience?
mft25 said:
Hi lemans
No I got 8 points for French in the interview she did not count on the certificate only she give points as she estimates my speak and listening ability also
wish best of luck

sigelopisan

May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Push back to Jan 2013 (hopefully)
lemans207 said:
Its not easy to learn french

& during interview he will tell you that you applied quebec because your NOC not in FSW

since you dont speak french well, you will leave Quebec to Toronto ;D

Its true... so either make it by high french level B1 or....
So, lets say my NOC is listed on FSW NOC, and I apply for QSW. During interview, I screwed up (cant say and understand anything).

Do you think they will consider it and let me pass?

FOr me, I dont hava any family or friends in Canada. My goal is to have a better life and future for my children. So, I dont mind to land in any province. For me, any province is the same. If we can survive in Toronto or Vancouver or Calgary, I dont see any reason why we cant survive in Montreal ;D