QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

TJ CAN

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maccuet said:
Dear All

Do you advise what is the requirement to work as Civil Engineer in Canada ? Could I start working there same as here or I need to go for study or ministry exam.

Please advise.

Regards
Mahadi
Dubai
Hi I also have similar issue. I have 9 years experience in finance and currently i'm working as an Accountant and I have completed MBA and some diplomas in Management.
Is it possible for me to apply as an Accountant or what will be the suitable? According to NOC list Accountant should have a CA,CIMA or CMA
Therefore, I'm struggling with NOC code.

Please advice.

Dec 31, 2011
How many points I get based on my IELTS score (i.e., English)?

Dear all,
I got the following IELTS score:
Listening: 7.0
Reading: 9.0
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 7.5
so that average is 7.5
However, I guess only listening and speaking are important. What is the score mapping system to Quebec's English score? Do I get 3+3=6 points?
Thanks very much for any info!

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: How many points I get based on my IELTS score (i.e., English)?

CanadaDestination said:
Dear all,
I got the following IELTS score:
Listening: 7.0 2 points
Reading: 9.0
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 7.5 3 points
so that average is 7.5
However, I guess only listening and speaking are important. What is the score mapping system to Quebec's English score? Do I get 3+3=6 points? 3+2=5
Thanks very much for any info!

N

niravjani

Surprised experience, Asking for original doc for French and IELTS !!!!!

Dear All,

Recently I put up my file in Jan end within 15 day total file with stamped return to origin and stated letter for asking submission of original document of Language proficiency( IELTS ,and French result) anyone is having similar experience prior.

maccuet

Aug 22, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 Sep. 2011
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
22 Oct. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Interview........
Waiting
TJ CAN said:
Hi I also have similar issue. I have 9 years experience in finance and currently i'm working as an Accountant and I have completed MBA and some diplomas in Management.
Is it possible for me to apply as an Accountant or what will be the suitable? According to NOC list Accountant should have a CA,CIMA or CMA
Therefore, I'm struggling with NOC code.

Please advice.
I have no idea about Accountant post. don't be worried. I think its not so important for Quebec immigration. Lets ask seniors.

maccuet

Aug 22, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 Sep. 2011
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
22 Oct. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Interview........
Waiting
javeedislam said:
Dear Maccuet,

you can practice with yout job but you can not write engineer with your name without licensing my cousin send me message like:-

In Canada the designation "Professional Engineer" can only be used by licensed engineers and is protected in law and strictly enforced in all provinces. The regulation and licensing of engineers are accomplished through a self-governing body that is given the power to license and discipline Professional Engineers as well as regulate the practice of the Professional Engineers in their province, such as Professional Engineers Ontario. A self-governing body's prime purpose is to protect the public. An engineering license and the award of title P.Eng grants the right to practice as a Professional Engineer. Many of these associations are also responsible for regulating other related professions. The process for registration is generally as follows:
Graduate with a degree from an accredited program in engineering or applied science, accredited by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board (CEAB).
Complete an Engineer in Training or "engineering Internship" program under the direction of a P.Eng. (This is a minimum four-year program with the exception of Quebec[16])
Review of work experience by the Association,
Pass a Professional Practice Exam[17] (content and format of which differs by province).
Professional Engineers are not licensed in a specific discipline but are legally bound by their respective provincial Code of Ethics (e.g. in Ontario: Professional Engineers Act R.R.O. 1990, Regulation 941) from practising beyond their training and experience. Breaches of the code are often sufficient grounds for enforcement, which may include the suspension or loss of license, as well as financial penalties and now, through recent changes to Canadian law, could also result in jail, should negligence be shown to have played a part in any incident that causes loss of human life.
Engineers are not tested on technical knowledge during the licensing process should their education be accredited by the CEAB; however, the accreditation of schools and their accredited degree granting status are tightly monitored and controlled. The Canadian system thus ensures that a specific and regimented curriculum is offered and tested with strict accordance to set national standards. This streamlines the overall licensing process and ensures a firm national standard on the quality of engineering in Canada. This accreditation process is governed by Engineers Canada through their active group the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board. The accreditation process is continuous and enforced through regular accreditation reviews of each school. These reviews typically include the review of the school's curriculum (including marked final exams and assignments), interviews of current students, extra curricular activities and teaching staff as well additional areas the visiting board may feel need addressing. The specific areas considered are Curriculum Content, Program Environment, and General Criteria. The associations are granted both an exclusive right to title and an exclusive right to practice.
There are only a few exceptions specifically noted in the acts and it does not include any "industrial exemptions". Therefore, a Professional Engineer is legally required to be registered. The level of enforcement varies depending on the specific industry.
The Professional Engineer's license is only valid in the province of delivery. There are however agreements between the associations to ease mobility. In 2009 the Professional Engineers Ontario led an initiative to develop a national engineering licensing framework.
Thank you very much Javeed

Regards
Mahadu

pkk_2009

Sep 11, 2009
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I (37 yrs) am married and my husband (38 yrs) is a commerce graduate. I have my son (10 yrs.). I want to apply for immigration to Canada thru Quebec but I have some queries :

1. is it mandatory that my occupation must fall under their preferred occupation/trg. list.
2. if so, then my occupation comes under the category or not?

Pls. help, as it is the first step and I am not sure about it. I am have experience of secretary as well as HR executive, as I have done MBA(HR) but through open learning (IGNOU). I am pursuing French A2 (Intermediate Part-B &C) and taken DELF-A1 this month also but result awaited. Also advise me how many bands are required.

Kindly help me.....

devang3d

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Surprised experience, Asking for original doc for French and IELTS !!!!!

niravjani said:
Dear All,

Recently I put up my file in Jan end within 15 day total file with stamped return to origin and stated letter for asking submission of original document of Language proficiency( IELTS ,and French result) anyone is having similar experience prior.

Dear Nirav

As per new rules by 6/12/2011 , you have to put your file within french exam /ielts exam results attach with it.
But please make it confirm by seniors that ielts and french both are compulsory.

Dev

pony

Oct 24, 2011
Vietnam
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong
NOC Code......
5124 --> 1123
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
Overall 8, sent with application
It's true that after Dec 6, 2011, anyone who wants to claim their points for language profiency will have to submit IELTS results for English, DELF/DALF or other approved tests for French, even people from English/French speaking countries like UK, US and France.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011

niravjani, in your forms you must have claimed x level of english right, so its mandatory to submit the the ielts scoresheet. did you claim any knowledge of french ? what level ?

niravjani said:
Dear All,

devang3d

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vibez_well said:
niravjani, in your forms you must have claimed x level of english right, so its mandatory to submit the the ielts scoresheet. did you claim any knowledge of french ? what level ?
Hey Vibez

My file is also running by BIQ-Hongkong...and got AOR in July...so we received AOR on same month with same office...
Keep in touch... :)

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Hello,
I want to ask the engineers who need to obtain license from Ordre des ingénieurs
du Québec, can the procedure be started before landing? did anybody start this?
[/size][/size][/size][/size]

harshjohn

Jul 2, 2010
Hi guys!!

i have been a passive reader of this forum for many months now. I had finalized on a immigration agent to process my file but then after reading the comments on this forum i decided i will apply on my own after agents just fill the forms on our behalf. Now i intend to file a application by self and would like the seniors to help me in my case as it could be a typical case. My details are as follows--

Bachelors in computer applications (3 yrs course) - No experience.

right after i completed BCA, i joined nursing i.e. GNM(general nursing and midwifery 3 and half yrs course) - 3+ yrs exp
which makes me a QSW as nurses are in demand there. I have ielts score of 8.0 in speaking and 8.5 listening. No knowledge of french and i plan to join french course very soon. my wife also is a nurse with 3 yrs exp.

now my problem is i have joined for Post basic Bsc nursing(2 yrs course) last year, now i m in 2nd year will be finishing the course by the time the processing is over for quebec. i would like to know if i could tick, currently student in the application for selection certificate form. if i put myself as a student will there be any problem. where should i mention that i m currently a student but have enough experience in my previous nursing diploma which makes me eligible for qsw.

the other query is that i started MBA (hospital administration from alagappa university, 2 yrs course) distance education 3 yrs back. i have a few subjects left. i may or may not complete MBA in case i get through the exams after i get the csq how should i inform them. they may question why i did not mention earlier that i m studying MBA. or should i not mention any thing about MBA at all even after i get the degree.

i may be sounding silly but i really need to know before i file my application.

thanks in advance.

harshjohn

Jul 2, 2010
niravk said:
Hello friends

Trust you all are doing good. I have lost touch with this forum as was busy with my work and DELF A1 preparations for Feb 14 exam to be held in Mumbai, India.

I would like to share my experience for the DELF A1 exam. It was very simple and with some dedicated efforts, anyone can clear with any problems.

Firstly the examiner told us to complete reading and writing skills. Reading consisted of a invitation for a party in the form of a personal letter. Writing comprised of "fiche d'inscription pour un club" and writing an email on behalf of your friend for a party invitation. Make sure that within the given time frame you browse through all the pages and complete all the exercises. This is because many people just forgot to attempt 15 marks writing invitation due to lack of time or negligence.

Speaking:
1 - Introducing ourselves to the examiner. This should ideally consist of 6-8 sentences. (Name, age, profession, marital status, likes, dislikes, place of residing)

2 - The examiner gave me two chits. One was with "marche" and "langue etranger". Just frame few questions for the examiner based on the two words. The second was a situation wherein I visited a bakery (boulangerie) and I was supposed to converse with the seller for the pictures shown in the chit (cake, toffes, cake, pizza, ice cream)

IMP - Make sure to use a single format at every stage like "vous". Donot use "tu" while speaking with the examiner. This may effect your marks
thankyou very much niravk, this info is very useful for newbie like me. God bless

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
sanusiremi said:
@ geribubaboy,

But my advice, try your best in learning the language and most importantly,know much about your profession in Quebec. Contact them, register with them also do your qualification assessment with MICC. The interviewer was convince we were going to montreal because we tendered all copies of the above documents when he asked for proof of our determination to reside in montreal.
Hello sanusiremi
Can you please give more information about the assessment with MICC? Is there any website or link for this assessment?