+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
hey, i currently live and work in ontario. I applied for PR, when they request my passport, I want to go to buffalo to give my passport for the PR visa and then "land" when I am returning to Ontario. Will this be a problem since I am a Quebec nominee? The intent is after my current work contract expires, then I move to Quebec... Any thoughts?

advanta1

Aug 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS & PCC sent with the application
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
PER on 26.10.11
IELTS Request
sent with the documents
File Transfer...
23-11-2011TRACK SHEET : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgthpG06V9k3dGE0Mldod0ljWTZjR25HZkpydDZ3QXc&hl=fil#gid=0
Med's Request
1-02-2012
Med's Done....
18-02-2012 Passport received by CHC: Thursday, February 23, 2012 @ 1515 Hrs
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-02-2012 received by CHC on February 23
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 22, 2012
LANDED..........
11 June 2012 Winnipeg

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
chibiks said:
Standard AOR receipt time from buffalo is 5-7 months. I have code 130 priority treatment csq. will this shorten my aor receipt time?
I do not think the shorten the aor time. code is also 130 and it has been already 8 months. I have not received any AOR from Buffalo. my statsu online shows that they recevied my application on May 2nd 2010....
when I contacted them they said it takes 30 weeks to open a file. ...

Syed

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
@syed_h_sha
are you in canada? my guess is not. i think you are right that code 130 does not mean much. But here is my speculation. Applicants who have never entered canada or live in certain countries face higher processing times or have lived in many countries or have a family as there are lots of checks and procesing to do. But applicants who for example gained admision in canada as students have already have background checks done and background info is easy to gt from certain countries too.

One more thing, send a fax saying you are really needed in quebec and ask if they can do anything to hasten up quoting code 130.

Hope this helps...

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi ParagP thanx buddy :) and Merry X-mas to u and ur family. :)
ParagP said:
Hi mkshah,
Nice to see an Indian guy on this forum.Thanx a lot for giving ur time to solve my DOUBTs.
Since we are newbe on this forum we are always come up with A new query.
But I really appriciate the way find and share the information on this blog,you people are doing fantastic job.Keep it up budddy.
Wish you merry X-mus. ;) ;) ;)

gladiusraj

Aug 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Ready for reapply
mkshah said:
hi ParagP thanx buddy :) and Merry X-mas to u and ur family. :)
Merry X-mas.

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
chibiks said:
@ syed_h_sha
are you in canada? my guess is not. i think you are right that code 130 does not mean much. But here is my speculation. Applicants who have never entered canada or live in certain countries face higher processing times or have lived in many countries or have a family as there are lots of checks and procesing to do. But applicants who for example gained admision in canada as students have already have background checks done and background info is easy to gt from certain countries too.

One more thing, send a fax saying you are really needed in quebec and ask if they can do anything to hasten up quoting code 130.

Hope this helps...
I am already in Canada and that too in Montreal Quebec. and I am with my family. What every you said may be correct, but not for all cases. I see people who applied from India got with in 8 months of time. I guess all depends on the application and category you applied.

My visa office is Buffalo. they clearly said they take 30 weeks to send acknowledgement. it is the busy visa office. Quebec immigration mentioned on my CSQ that this is priority processing" . I hope by Jan or Feb I should be hearing something from Buffalo.

Syed

cvd222

Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Request
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2013
syed_h_sha said:
I am already in Canada and that too in Montreal Quebec. and I am with my family. What every you said may be correct, but not for all cases. I see people who applied from India got with in 8 months of time. I guess all depends on the application and category you applied.

My visa office is Buffalo. they clearly said they take 30 weeks to send acknowledgement. it is the busy visa office. Quebec immigration mentioned on my CSQ that this is priority processing" . I hope by Jan or Feb I should be hearing something from Buffalo.

Syed
Hi Syed,

On your CSQ, on point 19, does it mention only "traitement prioritaire" or does it also mention why it's a "traitement prioritaire" - for example "traitement prioritaire - domaine de formation" ?

dreamingforcanada

Dec 20, 2011
I hope somebody can answer my below query... Thanks in advance.

dreamingforcanada said:
hi mkshah, Merry Christmas to you and your family. Can you kindly help me to check my points to be able to apply for CSQ.

My NOC falls on 1221 (Administrative Officer). I also tried Online Assessment and gave me positive results but I chose Area of Training as Business Administration which I doubt because I finished Office Administration. Please help me to double check my points and qualifications.

I am currently in Qatar working in an English environment company.

1) Qualification - Bachelor of Science in Office Administration, 2004 - from Phil.
2) Age - 36
3) Work Exp - 15years (as legal secretary, Executive Secretary (office administrator)
4) Language - IELTS (will take)
French - will be enrolling to claim points
5) 2 kids (10year old & 8month old)
6) No relative in Quebec
7) Funds no problem

My spouse details are as follows,
1) Age - 39
2) Qualification - Secondary Graduate - 1992
3) French - will be enrolling to claim points
4) No relative in Quebec

Please calculate my points so i will get sure about my points.

Thank you

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi dreamingforcanada,
Please check your PM :)
dreamingforcanada said:
I hope somebody can answer my below query... Thanks in advance.
dreamingforcanada said:
hi mkshah, Merry Christmas to you and your family. Can you kindly help me to check my points to be able to apply for CSQ.

My NOC falls on 1221 (Administrative Officer). I also tried Online Assessment and gave me positive results but I chose Area of Training as Business Administration which I doubt because I finished Office Administration. Please help me to double check my points and qualifications.

I am currently in Qatar working in an English environment company.

1) Qualification - Bachelor of Science in Office Administration, 2004 - from Phil.
2) Age - 36
3) Work Exp - 15years (as legal secretary, Executive Secretary (office administrator)
5) 2 kids (10year old & 8month old)
6) No relative in Quebec
7) Funds no problem

1) Age - 39
2) Qualification - Secondary Graduate - 1992
3) French - will be enrolling to claim points
4) No relative in Quebec

Please calculate my points so i will get sure about my points.

Thank you

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
cvd222 said:
Hi Syed,

On your CSQ, on point 19, does it mention only "traitement prioritaire" or does it also mention why it's a "traitement prioritaire" - for example "traitement prioritaire - domaine de formation" ?
No, I only have code 130. while submitting for CSQ, i submitted with Federal application. On the federal application they stamped the date when I applied for CSQ and mentioned priority processing. I am not sure what that means..

Syed

dreamingforcanada

Dec 20, 2011
Hi mkshah, i cannot reply to your message, still not allowed for PM.

To answer your questions, please see below:

Also tell me total how many years of studies you did for your Bachelors of Science in Office Administration? - 4 years
A. How many years in your degree studies? - 14years from primary till degree
Is this the same as Bachelors of Science in Secretarial in Administration? Yes

Regarding Bachelors of Science in Secretarial in Administration, pls see, there is a note at the bottom of page 1 in the link I provided.
It goes like this:
The evaluation of the 'Bachelor' of 4 years is Three years of technical collegiate studies - Diploma of collegiate studies - does this means that the below bachelors are not qualified.
Bachelor of Science in Aircraft Technology, in Food Technology, in Industrial Technology, in Marine Transportation, in Medical Technology, in Radiologic Technology, in Nursing, in Secretarial Administration.

2) Age – 36 14 points

3) Work Exp - 15years (as legal secretary, Executive Secretary (office administrator) 8 points

Along with your application, if you are not submitting any results for French & / or English Proficiency then you will not get any points for it.
5) 2 kids (10year old & 8month old) total 8 points for 2 kids below 12 years
6) No relative in Quebec
7) Funds no problem 1 point

1) Age – 39 2 points
2) Qualification - Secondary Graduate – 1992 - 10 years

3) French - will be enrolling to claim points Along with your application, if you are not submitting any results for French & / or English Proficiency, then you will not get any points for it.
4) No relative in Quebec

My job descriptions is more on NOC 1221. Also, my graduate course is not on the List for the Area of Trainings, how can I claim points to that?

Thanks a lot! :)

helppp

Star Member
Jan 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
mkshah said:
Hi dreamingforcanada,
Please check your PM :)
hi dear,,,,
can u pls summarize for me the minimum and basic requirements for quebec immigration, calculating points, i can send u my information to calculate points,,,,

and if u can pls send me any links that ca help me...

thanx

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112

MSN07

Dec 25, 2011
Hi EveryOne,

Does anyone has old rules, applicable to applications filed before Dec 06, as I am not sure about few points
1. As my application was recieved on 05-Sep-2011 and I was 35 Years and 3 Months old on that date will i get 16 Points or 14 Points for age?
2. My IELTS score was Speeking 6.5 and Listening 8.5 how much will I get for English?
3. I should be able to pass DELF A1 By FEB but It may not be with 16 Points in Speaking or Listening in such situation how much point should I get?

Hope to get some great reply from great Forum participants.