Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
egrace62 said:
by 00hours of 6th Nov, Canada's time will go backwards by one hour...we all here av been addviced to turn back by one hour our wall clock.....
its kindoff strange to me.... still trying to wrap my brain around it.
egrace, so nice to hear little snippets from you :)
It keeps our mind thinking about beautiful Quebec/Canada.

About the clock, this happens every year in US and Canada and is called day light savings time. DST goes off in November and goes on again in March end. If we don't move our clocks behind in fall (Nov.) then morning sunrise happens only by 730 AM and so we waste time in the morning. This adjustment allows us to view sunrise by 630 aM; but the negative thing is the day ends very soon in the evening, around 4 pm or 5 pm.
Hope I helped atleast a little :)

Enjoy the winter! :)

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
OsamaR said:
Thanks ambi1775 for that link, however, do you know where can I find the full document in English ?
sorry, its not available in english. something that you can do is to copy the section which you want to refer and paste into google translate.

8)

mamakej

Sep 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egrace62 said:
ooooops, just home now. its 6:30pm here in Montreal and the weather is decreasing by the day.... the temperature now flunctates between 1 degrees and zero degree.... believe u me that is not funny for some one like me who is used to the scrotching sun of West Africa... i knw those from the east also willnot find the weather funny....

2) well by God's grace, i scaled through my interview 2day and i now av my second job... which i couldnt accept right away bcos the conditions therewith is a life-jail to my precious dreams... The work hour will surely squeeze life out of me.... the training for this new job starts on monday and it will run from 4pm to 12midnite... and the training will be on for two weeks :eek: :eek: asides that i will need to work 37.5hrs per week they are not flexible with that as well. my 7hrs can falls to any period of the day... i treid explain tpo them tht i av enrolled for a french class but they said they av no option... atlass, i was given 2months to go think over it and get back to them.... fortunately my french course will be over by then and hopefully i will be in a position to negotiate a better position than an ENGLISH CALL CENTER AGENT.... so as it stands now ... i will resume come monday with Equinox for a paid 2days training 11am-5pm, from there i run to class for french class which starts by 5pm and ends by 9pm. so when i leave home by say 10am i wont be hope till 9pm :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D....
so No FOOD FOR LAZY MAN....
egrace, thank you so much for sharing your Montreal experiences with us. It is so encouraging to read about life there. Keep updating us please. We are truly grateful for you taking the time to update us. I pray you will get the $40,000 job or better as soon as you finish your French course.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
yo egrace ! thanks for sharing dude.

whatever lil you post out here, it helps keep the spirit up in this damn long wait.
and thanks for just coming back to the forum ! :)

am sure that all your dreams will be fulfilled. je suis sur que vous allez realise vos reves, petit a petit ! bonne chance mon ami !

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
vibez_well said:
sorry, its not available in english. something that you can do is to copy the section which you want to refer and paste into google translate.

8)
Thanks vibes_well for the tip :D

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egrace62 said:
After 7days on the beautiful island of Montreal, i got a job... as a call centre agent... all i got to do is make calls..... its a puely English position on a full time basis... i intend leaving it soon.. but atleast for now.. the pay i will get will be sufficinet to feed me, pay my bill and have little change for savings while my remaining landing fund will be untouched.. the Quebeciers french asent is very very different.. hence i can even hear what they are saying.. i av enrolled for a french couse at my personal cost.it cos t like 60$.. i cant wait for the the offered by MICC cos the last claass for the year started the week i landed and i was asked to waitt till next year which to me is unacceptable.. cos by my calcuation, i should be done with my french immersion by january and by them i sholud be smoke ready to go fight for a 40,000$ per annual job 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)..

2) Another observation of mine is that... it will take a while for new immigrants to knw the way... knowing aw to use the metro train is one and knowing the way is another. i know knw aw to use the metro and buses.. but to knw the way around, am still strugling with that... the reason being that all the metro tarins are underground so u wont get to see where the train is passing and the next moment when u get off the trainn afetr working some distance undergrond u find out that u are in skycrapper.... whao take of architectural master piece.... so it is not a days journey.. i am the outgoing type so i av taken extra effort to decipher my environment... at times i trek just to see the connecttions
how nice of you to keep on sharing with us all your experiences, this is realy very helpful to everyone. plus one hundred points to you. good job!

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Dear All, Some news about Canada Govt for intake of immigrants under FSW in 2012, may be it will not have any effect on PNP & Quebec immigration:
Source link:http://www.canadaupdates.com/content/canada-may-accept-only-10000-new-immigrants-2012-17017.html

Canada may accept only up to 10000 new immigrants in 2012
by Grace - November 6, 2011

Canada planning to accept 10,000 skilled foreign workers in the coming year 2012, in order to satisfy their labor market demands and also boosting the economic development of the country.

Recently as announced by the Canadian immigration authorities, they are planning to issue 10,000 skilled workers visas for the coming year 2012. Such a step has been announced to attract highly skilled professional and foreign workers for contributing in economic development of the country.

Plans Says:

According to this plan, the immigration department is working to clear the backlogs of the aspirants pending since years back. It further says that till the year around 47, 000 to 47,400 foreign skilled immigrants are expected to get a green light from Canadian Immigration department.

Importance of this Plan:

The immigration department is planning this hike in view to fulfill the increasing market demands of skilled workers in the country and it will also help them to clear previous year’s backlog, allowing them to grant visas to the deserving applicants.

Immigration Minister Jason Kenney strongly recommends the plan and states that economic development is at the government priority list. He believes that the foreign skilled workers are the bright future of the country’s immigration. As the country have experienced positive feedback and help by foreign skilled immigrants and have actively contributed to the international competitiveness of the country in the global market. It has been found through several reports as much of 95 per cent of surveyed employers feel that foreign workers surprisingly meet all their expectationsl.

Best Time for Aspirants:

This scheme is best opportunity for those who relevant qualification and also the experience to realize their dreams in the country. Those eligible under the foreign skilled workers categories, experts in their own field, should make full use of this plan and should apply well in time as such the forms could be filled and filled till the February next year only.

Other Increases:

Giving out the further Canada’s next year’s immigration plans minister specifies country’s immigration targets for other categories.

The immigration department is also planning to initiate increase under the foreign student’s categories and also under the skilled temporary foreign workers, who can further get their permanent residency status from the Canadian Experience Class Stream that helps the immigrants to successfully get their permanent status in the country. even with these changes the immigration is expected to stay at the same level from around 2,40,000 to 2,65,000 entries. But the opposition feels that immigration department should look into increasing the total numbers of the immigration level in order to fulfill the market demands

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
shootingstar said:
egrace, so nice to hear little snippets from you :)
It keeps our mind thinking about beautiful Quebec/Canada.

About the clock, this happens every year in US and Canada and is called day light savings time. DST goes off in November and goes on again in March end. If we don't move our clocks behind in fall (Nov.) then morning sunrise happens only by 730 AM and so we waste time in the morning. This adjustment allows us to view sunrise by 630 aM; but the negative thing is the day ends very soon in the evening, around 4 pm or 5 pm.
Hope I helped atleast a little :)

Enjoy the winter! :)
Hi shootingstar,
Thanks for sharing the reason behind this.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Quebec, Canada to accept record number of immigrants in 2012

Quebec unveiled their immigration plan for 2012 this week, stating the province will continue to grant a record numbers of visas to immigrants, despite complaints that it's not doing enough to integrate newcomers, many of whom don't speak French.

Immigration Minister Kathleen Weil announced Tuesday that Quebec would let in between 51,200 and 53,800 new arrivals in 2012 with the same number of immigrants expected in 2013 and 2014.

"The idea is to seek diversity," she told reporters, adding Quebec companies can gain a competitive edge by attracting people with different backgrounds speaking different languages.

About 18,900 of those arriving next year are expected to be unable to speak French.

A study released last month, conducted by Montreal's Institute for Research on Public Policy, shows that Canadian citizens still welcome newcomers immigrating to Canada. According to the report, about 58 percent of people questioned in Canada support the current levels of immigration. Additionally, Atlantic Canada, Quebec and the Prairies surpassed the rest of Canada with their support for immigration and are above the country average with more than 62 percent support.

Opponents of the immigration increase believe they should stop admitting large numbers of immigrants until they can be better integrated into the French majority.

Weil disagreed with capping immigration numbers and noted that having people with a diversity of backgrounds speaking different languages can give Quebec companies a competitive edge.

According to the 2012 Immigration Plan, immigrants with skilled worker visas will also take jobs left vacant; Canada's aging population means fewer Canadians in the workforce. Additionally, the government will work to increase the level of knowledge of French among applicants for skilled worker visa category.

Under the Canada-Quebec Accord on Immigration, Quebec establishes its own immigration requirements. However, Citizenship and Immigration Canada make the final decision on whether or not to grant the visa.

Weil said that the government will continue to seek immigrants who speak French already and make an effort to teach those who do not while integrating them into Quebec. She aims to have 65 percent who can already speak French when they arrive.

Source : http://www.workpermit.com/news/2011-11-04/canada/quebec-canada-to-accept-record-number-of-immigrants-in-2012.htm

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Thanks vibez for sharing this info.
So, now be relaxed somewhat about french requirement for quebec immigration. This post suggest that even if you dont know french, you can be given entry, but surely knowing french is shown here as a very vital element for integrating in quebec society.

vibez_well said:

Quebec unveiled their immigration plan for 2012 this week, stating the province will continue to grant a record numbers of visas to immigrants, despite complaints that it's not doing enough to integrate newcomers, many of whom don't speak French.

Immigration Minister Kathleen Weil announced Tuesday that Quebec would let in between 51,200 and 53,800 new arrivals in 2012 with the same number of immigrants expected in 2013 and 2014.

"The idea is to seek diversity," she told reporters, adding Quebec companies can gain a competitive edge by attracting people with different backgrounds speaking different languages.

About 18,900 of those arriving next year are expected to be unable to speak French.

A study released last month, conducted by Montreal's Institute for Research on Public Policy, shows that Canadian citizens still welcome newcomers immigrating to Canada. According to the report, about 58 percent of people questioned in Canada support the current levels of immigration. Additionally, Atlantic Canada, Quebec and the Prairies surpassed the rest of Canada with their support for immigration and are above the country average with more than 62 percent support.

Opponents of the immigration increase believe they should stop admitting large numbers of immigrants until they can be better integrated into the French majority.

Weil disagreed with capping immigration numbers and noted that having people with a diversity of backgrounds speaking different languages can give Quebec companies a competitive edge.

According to the 2012 Immigration Plan, immigrants with skilled worker visas will also take jobs left vacant; Canada's aging population means fewer Canadians in the workforce. Additionally, the government will work to increase the level of knowledge of French among applicants for skilled worker visa category.

Under the Canada-Quebec Accord on Immigration, Quebec establishes its own immigration requirements. However, Citizenship and Immigration Canada make the final decision on whether or not to grant the visa.

Weil said that the government will continue to seek immigrants who speak French already and make an effort to teach those who do not while integrating them into Quebec. She aims to have 65 percent who can already speak French when they arrive.

Source : http://www.workpermit.com/news/2011-11-04/canada/quebec-canada-to-accept-record-number-of-immigrants-in-2012.htm

barriste_jbs

Nov 7, 2011
Hi Sir/Madame,

I am planning to apply for the Quebec Skilled Worker and have questions in mind where I believe that you could help me with the following questions

1) With regards to IELTS EXAM - is the ACADEMIC IELTS Acceptable or IELTS GENERAL Test will only be accepted?

2) For my work experience , is volunteer experience as a staff nurse in Operating Room Dept / Delivery Room / etc.. in a secondary and tertiary hospital be considered as part of my work experience? or Is volunteer experience as a staff nurse acceptable for QSW application or not?

Another question, since INTERNSHIPS whether remunerated or not , is acceptable. My question is that could I use the INTERNSHIPS that I had during my college years provided such case is still within the period of 5 years from the time I lodge my application to Hong Kong Quebec Immigration Bureau?

Since INTERNSHIPS is being accepted, I believe that volunteer experience (without pay) as a staff nurse specifically assigned in OR Department is also acceptable?

3) Can I lodge my application for Selection Certificate in Hongkong without my french result yet? However, I have reached 52 points already without TEFAQ score and without the Adaptability points. I saw a link from COHEN where it was stated their that I can have a selection certificate if i able to reach 49 points since I am single.

I am hoping that you could help me resolvel these issues.

Thank you and God Bless you.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
1. IELTS - General is what you should provide.

2. Internships are accepted as workexperience. Paid internships are substantiated with payslips etc.
Volunteer experience is a little tricky. But i get your logic.... if internships are accepted, then I suppose volunteering is also accepted, since its based on your specialized education.

Yup, you can lodge your appl without french results, though its always better to submit it while applying.

3. Nurse right ? no probs, apply quickly. you probably will get your interview before me !! lol !
jealous jealous ;)

barriste_jbs said:
Hi Sir/Madame,

I am planning to apply for the Quebec Skilled Worker and have questions in mind where I believe that you could help me with the following questions

1) With regards to IELTS EXAM - is the ACADEMIC IELTS Acceptable or IELTS GENERAL Test will only be accepted?

2) For my work experience , is volunteer experience as a staff nurse in Operating Room Dept / Delivery Room / etc.. in a secondary and tertiary hospital be considered as part of my work experience? or Is volunteer experience as a staff nurse acceptable for QSW application or not?

Another question, since INTERNSHIPS whether remunerated or not , is acceptable. My question is that could I use the INTERNSHIPS that I had during my college years provided such case is still within the period of 5 years from the time I lodge my application to Hong Kong Quebec Immigration Bureau?

Since INTERNSHIPS is being accepted, I believe that volunteer experience (without pay) as a staff nurse specifically assigned in OR Department is also acceptable?

3) Can I lodge my application for Selection Certificate in Hongkong without my french result yet? However, I have reached 52 points already without TEFAQ score and without the Adaptability points. I saw a link from COHEN where it was stated their that I can have a selection certificate if i able to reach 49 points since I am single.

I am hoping that you could help me resolvel these issues.

Thank you and God Bless you.

myhope

Sep 30, 2011
mkshah said:
Thanks vibez for sharing this info.
So, now be relaxed somewhat about french requirement for quebec immigration. This post suggest that even if you dont know french, you can be given entry, but surely knowing french is shown here as a very vital element for integrating in quebec society.
Dear friends, is it possible to get Quebec selection certificate from hongkong and apply for the visa in Europe? i have applied to hongkong for sc but i'm planing to move out of thailand after the interview. what to do in this case? can somebody elaburate on this?

Kaps1706

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
Felicitations egrace pour le job..C'est dur pour vous mais c'est necessaire que vous ameliorez votre francais. Bonne chance.
Je suis ravi pour vous. :) :)

Merci de votre temps au ce site.

Kaps