QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ osama

NOC Code......: 0213 your an IT ? right?

I am also in IT, network & system administrator

with cisco certification hope can help

when did you apply?

did you get your file number?

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by 00hours of 6th Nov, Canada's time will go backwards by one hour...we all here av been addviced to turn back by one hour our wall clock.....
its kindoff strange to me.... still trying to wrap my brain around it.

MhamadK

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2013
Med's Request
17-12-2013
Med's Done....
22-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
14-02-2014
Hey everyone,

I am preparing my documents now and I am seriously thinking of applying to Québec, but I had a couple of questions, as this whole immigration thing is a bit overwhelming. There is just too much information to deal with.
Anyway I am a Lebanese living in Qatar, and my first question is this, now that the situation in Syria is a bit critical, where do we send our applications?
I read somewhere that we have to send it to Montreal, do you guys happen to know more about this, I mean what about the interview later, do we go to Montreal?

Thank you for your replies in advance, and I hope everyone gets approved and reach the goal they dream about every night.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
MhamadK said:
Hey everyone,

I am preparing my documents now and I am seriously thinking of applying to Québec, but I had a couple of questions, as this whole immigration thing is a bit overwhelming. There is just too much information to deal with.
Anyway I am a Lebanese living in Qatar, and my first question is this, now that the situation in Syria is a bit critical, where do we send our applications? due to unrest in syria all files have been transferred to Montreal for CIC. I think now you should send your application to BIQ, Montreal.
I read somewhere that we have to send it to Montreal,yes, it is correct do you guys happen to know more about this, I mean what about the interview later, do we go to Montreal? no idea brother

Thank you for your replies in advance, you are always welcomed,and I hope everyone gets approved and reach the goal they dream about every night.many thanks for your prayers and good wishes

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
egrace62 said:
by 00hours of 6th Nov, Canada's time will go backwards by one hour...we all here av been addviced to turn back by one hour our wall clock.....
its kindoff strange to me.... still trying to wrap my brain around it.
Hi egrace... How r u my bro... :)
I feel very nice when I see your post... really, because it shows your attachment and affection to all of us, to this forum...

I have read your previous posts of last 2-3 days... I am very happy for you that you got your first job in 1st week only, and you are now on your way to create a good, happy life..

My all best wishes are with you to get success and good life for you and your family...!

Keep in touch buddy :):):)

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
shootingstar said:
My BIQ is montreal too and I don't think it matter whether we live in Quebec or elsewhere. the Timeline is similar for most of the BIQ applicants except those in priority processing.
My credit card got cashed in 5 weeks exactly and I got the AOR by e-mail in 2 weeks after charging my card.So I think you should be expecting your AOR this month :)
Hello friends, I am also waiting for my AOR, I sent my application with all documents on 24-Sept-2011 to BIQ, HK which was received by them on 27-Sept-2011, now it is almost 5 weeks, but I have not heard anything from them side.
I also sent them some of updated docs of my wife at later stage (they received it on 3-Oct-2011). may be that is the reason, there is a delay..
I dont know why..?

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
chibiks said:
ok guys,

mkshah
Age - 20 - 30
Occupation - IT Analyst
Education - Masters (e-business), Bachelors (Computer Engineering)
Work exp - 1+years

He began the interview in french. he told me the more french i can speak, the better for me, that I can swicth to english but french is better for assessment. He asked me if I have ever been to Quebec and what steps I have taken to ensure insertion socially and economically into Quebec. He asked for original copies of all my documents - go with every single original as they request to see more originals than what was requested on the interview convocation document. The only time he switched to english was when he wanted to assess my english skills.

My biggest advise to you is buy Quebec movies - its a virtual tour of quebec, you learn more about Quebec and improve your french at the same time. When I told him about one that I have watched and how I wanted to visit where it was shot, that said all the right things!

thanks bro for sharing your experiece... did they get you sign any document?

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
lemans207 said:
@ osama

NOC Code......: 0213 your an IT ? right? Yes

I am also in IT, network & system administrator

with cisco certification hope can help definitely it can, these certification and multinational and people with these certificates are required everywhere. A friend of mine did CCNA and got a junior technician job at Bell Canada. Unfortunately I don't have any of them, my experience is in managing IT projects only

when did you apply? I still haven't applied yet, hopefully within the coming few days after Eid

did you get your file number?

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ ossama

Yes I am preparing for CCIE now Cisco

and I work in a company has 90,000+ employees . I have good experience cisco and security interbranching ASA firewalls and bandwidth management BlueCoat these are latest technology.

Yes I got my file number last march 2011 and now waiting for my interview....

it takes about 10-15 months for the interview :-s

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
lemans207 said:
@ ossama

Yes I am preparing for CCIE now Cisco

and I work in a company has 90,000+ employees . I have good experience cisco and security interbranching ASA firewalls and bandwidth management BlueCoat these are latest technology.

Yes I got my file number last march 2011 and now waiting for my interview....

it takes about 10-15 months for the interview :-s
Definitely these will always be in demand, it's great to have the CCIE bro..

Im sure you won't have any problems finding a suitable job but you must have some French..

Your interview should take place in Abu dhabi right!!

Good luck :)

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Hi seniors, can you guys provide me with your feedback on my below post ??

Thanks in advance..

OsamaR said:
Hi guys,

I read on this forum that clearing DELF A1 exam will entitle you for 2 points but I'm not sure how true can this piece of information be!!
Does anyone have any official link related to this? And how many points can one get for clearing DELF A2 ?

Thank you guys...

ambi1775

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2011
AOR Received.
22/02/2012
Interview........
02/04/2012,csq received same day
OsamaR said:
Hi seniors, can you guys provide me with your feedback on my below post ??

osamaR

Your answer is on the link below at page no 39

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf

Thanks in advance..

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ osamaR

yes my interview should be in abu dhabi office.

ccie not easy , but im gonna try.

i speak french, but weak :D so I am practicing, my friend she is french ...

but I am not learning it fast... maybe in quebec its easier to take a conversation course

in abu dhabi its toooooo expensive to take french course about 1400$ each course

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
lemans207 said:
@ osamaR

yes my interview should be in abu dhabi office.

ccie not easy , but im gonna try.

i speak french, but weak :D so I am practicing, my friend she is french ...

but I am not learning it fast... maybe in quebec its easier to take a conversation course

in abu dhabi its toooooo expensive to take french course about 1400$ each course It is for 2025 at Alliance Francaise..

Let m know once u know anything about your interview :)

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Thanks ambi1775 for that link, however, do you know where can I find the full document in English ?