+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

SODJI

Aug 14, 2012
HI EVERYBODY,I PLAN TO IMMIGRATE IN QUEBEC like worker,but i just did a stage for one year in one company,but i have
my licence in computer network,i want to know if this skill is good for me.i'm living now in china like student ,i learn chinese.
thank you

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
m81 said:
Yes I received the attestation from "République Francaise, Ministere de l'éducation nationale, de l'enseignement supérieur et de la recherche", "Commission nationale du DELF et du DALF". The attestation is signed by the president of the jury and has all the information regarding the exam center, my personal info, session date and scores.

You can still send your attestation, but if I were you, I would think about a backup in case they send your application package back (I received mine back a month later).
m81 - you definitely need to send the original official score report. Attested copies are not accepatable.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
OsamaR said:
Hi guys,

I would appreciate your feedback on this pleaseeeeee:

My wife has done the TEFAQ exam and she scored 69 in comprehension oral (equivalent to DELF A1) and 126 in expression oral (equivalent to DELF A2).
When I asked my representative to submit her results so that we update our file and get at least 1 extra points since I'm an old applicant (Nov. 2011), he told me that "what counts is my language level and sending her results at this point does not mean anything unless I send mine as well"...

Please let me know your feedback.

I'm also afraid that during the interview if we submit her results they might say why you haven't send it before as an update to your file!!! Can this happen ??

OsamaR
OsamaR, As far as I remember - spouse gets points for language ability too . See here http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-spouse.html

I would send the test scores right now and get your file updated :)
Good Luck.

m81

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (NS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
LANDED..........
In-land
dez said:
I'm kinda baffled by this coz my experience is different. If you read that instructions pamphlet, it say that when your application is received and you've included language results, the officer dealing with your file can log in to the database of the examining body to confirm if your results are genuine or not. That implies that they all they need is your unique candidate number which is on the attestation (together with other info like your date and place of birth). It is not said anywhere you have to send the certificate coz it makes no difference if they have the info to identify you (no matter if it is obtained from the attestation or certificate), which they can use to verify your results from the database. I initially sent my application with an attestation de réussite and my application wasn't returned. i don't think it is official policy. Maybe different BIQs operate differently. Sorry to hear about your expericence
I was very upset when I received the package back, knowing that my score was genuine and had a good score for C1. I sent them an email, and I mentioned the fact that they could even check everything (as it is stated from their GPI procedure document). Guess what? They replied with a standard email telling me that they wanted 'original' results. The attestation was the original one with signature and stamp. Just to help you guys out, but in case any of you do send attestation of DELF/DALF, just think about a backup in case they send your package back. I dont know if it a BIQ thing or a general procedure. My package was sent directly to the centralize center in Montreal, so I would think this is general.

m81

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (NS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
LANDED..........
In-land
spaniard said:
Dear All,

if i apply in december or january than they apply current rules on me or it depends upon AOR date?

Regards,
I believe any rule applied depends on AOR, not the day that you actually send the application.

xyiday

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
m81 said:
I was very upset when I received the package back, knowing that my score was genuine and had a good score for C1. I sent them an email, and I mentioned the fact that they could even check everything (as it is stated from their GPI procedure document). Guess what? They replied with a standard email telling me that they wanted 'original' results. The attestation was the original one with signature and stamp. Just to help you guys out, but in case any of you do send attestation of DELF/DALF, just think about a backup in case they send your package back. I dont know if it a BIQ thing or a general procedure. My package was sent directly to the centralize center in Montreal, so I would think this is general.

did they mention you are not qualified under the new rule? after comparing with the area of training?

m81

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (NS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
LANDED..........
In-land
xyiday said:
did they mention you are not qualified under the new rule? after comparing with the area of training?
?? It wasnt about AOT, they gave me a ref. number for my application, and ask me to send the package again once I can provide original test score. I gave me the original attestation that was given to me from the test center, but it seems that they only want the original diploma that is sent much later. Instead, I will give them TCFQ scores as it seems that it will only come earlier that diploma anyway

dez

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
AOR Received.
3/07/12
m81 said:
?? It wasnt about AOT, they gave me a ref. number for my application, and ask me to send the package again once I can provide original test score. I gave me the original attestation that was given to me from the test center, but it seems that they only want the original diploma that is sent much later. Instead, I will give them TCFQ scores as it seems that it will only come earlier that diploma anyway
m81,

I am really confused about this proof of French knowledge issue, in fact now I'm beginning to panic after I've read previous posts. When I sent my application it was with a copy of attestation de réussite for A2 together with a copy of the diploma and just the copy of attestation de réussite for B1 coz I hadn't gotten the diploma at the time. That was in Nov. last year. I received my AOR last month. In the meantime I sat for B2 in March and got the Diploma last month. I sent a certified copy of the B2 diploma about 2 weeks ago, immediately after I got my AOR. Now I read they don't accept copies anymore. Does this mean I'll have my file returned? Should I then send the original B2 certificate? I am wondering why they are insisting on originals and diplomas when they have the means to confirm the results from the examining body's database.

Btw, do you think a score of 15.5 in CO would earn one B2 points? The rules just say between 8-15 and 15-25. nothing about 15.5. What do you think?

xyiday

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
dez said:
m81,

I am really confused about this proof of French knowledge issue, in fact now I'm beginning to panic after I've read previous posts. When I sent my application it was with a copy of attestation de réussite for A2 together with a copy of the diploma and just the copy of attestation de réussite for B1 coz I hadn't gotten the diploma at the time. That was in Nov. last year. I received my AOR last month. In the meantime I sat for B2 in March and got the Diploma last month. I sent a certified copy of the B2 diploma about 2 weeks ago, immediately after I got my AOR. Now I read they don't accept copies anymore. Does this mean I'll have my file returned? Should I then send the original B2 certificate? I am wondering why they are insisting on originals and diplomas when they have the means to confirm the results from the examining body's database.

Btw, do you think a score of 15.5 in CO would earn one B2 points? The rules just say between 8-15 and 15-25. nothing about 15.5. What do you think?

No your file wont be returned as it is opened, but you will have to send the original test result.

m81

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (NS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
LANDED..........
In-land
dez said:
m81,

Dont worry dez, if you have received the AOR, you should be ok. I think the copy of the diploma must have made a difference, but the attestation alone is no longer sufficient. When they sent me my application back they stamped the page to confirm they received it and gave me a ref. # in order to follow up when I sent application back. They also added a letter explaining that they want the original scores (diploma). I think you are ok, especially if they have not said anything.

yes, I dont see anything about 15.5, it maybe their own judgement on this one. Hopefully one of the senior can help on this.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
m81 said:
Dont worry dez, if you have received the AOR, you should be ok. I think the copy of the diploma must have made a difference, but the attestation alone is no longer sufficient. When they sent me my application back they stamped the page to confirm they received it and gave me a ref. # in order to follow up when I sent application back. They also added a letter explaining that they want the original scores (diploma). I think you are ok, especially if they have not said anything.

yes, I dont see anything about 15.5, it maybe their own judgement on this one. Hopefully one of the senior can help on this.
m81 - just to clarify : So you can re-open the same application using the given reference number once you send in original score reports?

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
A friend of mine said She wanted to apply to QSW(She is from France living in my city) but the QSW program is now not accepting applications until 2013 March. Is this true? I'm wondering if anyone here has an official notice link. I could not find anything on the CIC homepage.

xyiday

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
shootingstar said:
A friend of mine said She wanted to apply to QSW(She is from France living in my city) but the QSW program is now not accepting applications until 2013 March. Is this true? I'm wondering if anyone here has an official notice link. I could not find anything on the CIC homepage.

you should always check it out from biq website, no cic

and no it is not true

as long as you can get 16,12 or 6 out of your area of training , you can apply

xyiday

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
shootingstar said:
m81 - just to clarify : So you can re-open the same application using the given reference number once you send in original score reports?

yes i believe so

m81

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (NS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
LANDED..........
In-land
shootingstar said:
That's correct. I have a reference number, but not an official application number. And on my A-0520-AF form, they put a stamp "Ministere de l'immigration et des Communautés Culturelles" with the date of application was received.