Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vickyRocks said:
@ umer!
Inshallah i have a firm belief that all my efforts will be fruitful. In my oppinion the most convenient place to live is to live in shared accommodation because first 3 months are challenging.
well i know cos i was living in London and the best and the cheapest place for the newcomers is east London where most of the people are desi so i am asking is there any place like east London in Montreal ?

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AF Ahmadabad is organizing TEFAQ exam in July. If anyone interested please register before 20th June.

Please check below link for more details.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=TOIA/2012/06/01&PageLabel=6&ForceGif=true&EntityId=Ad00605&ViewMode=HTML

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
Umer Shahzad said:
well i know cos i was living in London and the best and the cheapest place for the newcomers is east London where most of the people are desi so i am asking is there any place like east London in Montreal ?

Well in my oppinion there might be place called Desi Inn or desi rest house but as in montreal chance of finding such type of accommodation are few but possible

timmituyi

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

please can you assist with our points?

Wife

Age - 28
Education - Bsc Marketing
Work Experience - 4years
IELTS will be written this month
French - minimal
Will enroll in Allaince Francaise

Husband

Age - 32
Education - Bsc Computer Science
Work Experience - 5years
IELTS will be written this month
French - minimal
Will enroll in Alliance Francaise

Please we want to know if we are eligible.

Also can sumone tell us the mailing address to post our application to in montreal? For those using montreal visa office pls

Please is it adviceable to post all your original certificates with our application, asking because am not quite sure its a reasonable thing to do.

Ur urgent advice is need form this form plssss.

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30/05/2016 Montréal, and became PR
Shanks44 said:
Hey all

Meds done on 30th of April 2012
Updated on ECAS 28th of May

My agent forwarded me a mail from VO from London asking us 2 passport sized photographs so they can issue our visas. Do note that I sent our passports along with the Landing fees as requested by my agent on 23 May 2012 and was received in London on 25th May 2012.

These are 2 of the lines from the mail we received from London VO

"Please proceed to send us the completed Updated Information Chart and 2 passport size photographs so that we may issue visas.

We look forward to receiving the information shortly"

I was expecting this to take much longer and I am a bit surprised on how fast this was done.

Anyway I am ;D ;D

Got 45 days to submit the pictures.Congrats Shaks44. If i were you I will go the the best hair cut before taking this pictures, just to show your happiness We will be sending them tomorrow morning after we get fresh pictures done :p

Cheers
Shanks

pcerqueira

May 30, 2012
pcerqueira said:
Hello all! I sent my application to the ministère in Quebec last week and registered in the forum yesterday!
I am very concerned with two things: 1) I am currently enrolled on a MBA program; and 2) I did not send any IELTS score (I marked I was not sending). My details are below:

My Details:
Education:
Bachelors in International Relations (4 years- 2004 2008)
Extension in International Management (1 year 2008)
MBA in General Management (2011-2012 I will finish in December this year)

Work exp: 4.5 years with foreign trades/logistics

French Language: B2 on both comprehension and expression

IELTS: did not send

I am Brazilian and living (work and studying) in the US for more than 3 years now, I sent the application to Canadian office in Montreal...

Do you think the MBA enrollment and notsending the IELTS will be a problem?

Thank you in advance for your input!
I am sorry to repeat my post, but I am really concerned - does anyone have an opinion in regards to the IELTS and the current MBA enrollment? The IELTS is what concerns me more because I live in Chicago and they no longer do the test anywhere close to here, so if they ask for it I ll not know what to do... They used to do the tests in "River Forest, IL" which is close to Chicago, but they apparently stopped, I d need to fly to some other state to do it........

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vickyRocks said:
Well in my oppinion there might be place called Desi Inn or desi rest house but as in montreal chance of finding such type of accommodation are few but possible

well the place you can live in ! bro the area specific like London montreal is huge so specific area where we can live in .. i am not talking about resturants

Patriots1700

Apr 9, 2012
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone ,
Anyone in here who paid the application fee with a credit card ? And if you did , does it have to be from a bank in Canada or can i pay with my card linked to a bank account in the US ? Thanks

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi pcerqueira,
no need to worry at all, if you have marked that you will not be submitting the IELTS test results.
Just the point to understand here is that neither you will be awarded points for IELTS (English Proficiency) for your csq application now.

Pls refer to the below text for this link: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/note-language-skills.html

Coming into force of the mandatory use of language proficiency tests
Effective December 6, 2011, all new candidates from the skilled worker subcategory who wish to obtain points in the selection grid for their French proficiency (applicants and spouses) and English proficiency (applicants only) must enclose with their immigration application attestations of results recognized by the Ministère. Children accompanying their parents are exempt from this new requirement.

In addition to optimizing the Ministère’s selection practices, standardized tests ensure that the evaluation of candidates for their French and English proficiency is accurate, consistent and fair.

Effective December 6, 2011, the results of language competency tests recognized by the Ministère are the only language proficiency evaluation tool used for immigration candidates who submit an Application for Selection Certificate. Candidates who do not wish to submit an attestation of results recognized by the Ministère must specify this in the Application for Selection Certificate by marking the appropriate box on the form. They will not obtain any points for the language proficiency criterion.

For more information on this subject or to obtain a list of accredited centres for language competency tests recognized by the Ministère, please consult the Permanent workers - Proficiency in French or English section.

pcerqueira said:
I am sorry to repeat my post, but I am really concerned - does anyone have an opinion in regards to the IELTS and the current MBA enrollment? The IELTS is what concerns me more because I live in Chicago and they no longer do the test anywhere close to here, so if they ask for it I ll not know what to do... They used to do the tests in "River Forest, IL" which is close to Chicago, but they apparently stopped, I d need to fly to some other state to do it........

Stngr

Dec 12, 2010
saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Nomination.....
March 23rd 2016
AOR Received.
April 13th 2016
Passport Req..
July 16th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR at August 5th 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 1st 2016
Patriots1700 said:
Hi everyone ,
Anyone in here who paid the application fee with a credit card ? And if you did , does it have to be from a bank in Canada or can i pay with my card linked to a bank account in the US ? Thanks
I did, Paid with european VISA Credit Card with no problem

amisimer

Jun 1, 2012
mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
Biq-hkng
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
IELTS Request
submitted wid application
Hi.....to all..... :).new over hre....mite b will c u all in Quebec.........planning to apply very soon.... Hello sir,

My name is amandeep....I m applying fr QSW....bt I hv certain doubt..if u cn help me out.....my profile-

I m a single applicant,as per my knowledge require 49points.....which m getting....mentioned as below....

Age -24-16 points Education-graduate -10 points Area of training-grade A-AVionics-16 points Self funding-1 point IELTS-6 points,as Quebec consider only listening n speaking skills...I got 8.5 in listening n 7 in speaking......

I wanted to ask u as m exactly getting 49 points,can I apply......I dnt have any work experience....I hv done an apprentice ship bt it ws unpaid fr 6 months in Airindia. Shud I go fr learning french so that I cn get some additional points.My grandmother and paternal aunt stays in British Columbia...should I show proof of relationship....will it help me getting any points....I m very much tensed,kindly revert back.

Thanx & Reg

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Stngr said:
I did, Paid with european VISA Credit Card with no problem
hi dude, whts up? :)
any update from biq in status of your your application?

pcerqueira

May 30, 2012
mkshah said:
hi pcerqueira,
no need to worry at all, if you have marked that you will not be submitting the IELTS test results.
Just the point to understand here is that neither you will be awarded points for IELTS (English Proficiency) for your csq application now.

Pls refer to the below text for this link:

Coming into force of the mandatory use of language proficiency tests
Effective December 6, 2011, all new candidates from the skilled worker subcategory who wish to obtain points in the selection grid for their French proficiency (applicants and spouses) and English proficiency (applicants only) must enclose with their immigration application attestations of results recognized by the Ministère. Children accompanying their parents are exempt from this new requirement.

In addition to optimizing the Ministère's selection practices, standardized tests ensure that the evaluation of candidates for their French and English proficiency is accurate, consistent and fair.

Effective December 6, 2011, the results of language competency tests recognized by the Ministère are the only language proficiency evaluation tool used for immigration candidates who submit an Application for Selection Certificate. Candidates who do not wish to submit an attestation of results recognized by the Ministère must specify this in the Application for Selection Certificate by marking the appropriate box on the form. They will not obtain any points for the language proficiency criterion.

For more information on this subject or to obtain a list of accredited centres for language competency tests recognized by the Ministère, please consult the Permanent workers - Proficiency in French or English section.
Thanks a lot Mkshah!